ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby Football 2022

Sooo….anyway….years ago…

Me and Coach was sitting in a hotel bar watching the ACC tourney. In fact there were 20 of us Maidenites and maybe another 20 from all over the USA. You see…it was spring at the beach and the college baseball teams were in town. California, Ohio, NY…etc etc.
I made a statement at our table…that eventually caused a heated debate throughout the entire bar. It was ME against them ALL!!
Even the smart ass bartender turned down the volume on the TV to put his two cents in.

I simply said…..NC State is better than their record. They all ganged up on me…led by the Old Rat himself…..as they all said….No one is better or worse than their record. You are what your record is…no better! no worse! You are..and own…. your record! Blah! Blah! Blah!

I said that is ridiculous!…and used examples to support my argument. But…they wouldn’t budge! It went on for half an hour….and they all gave me hell the rest of the weekend. I still struggle with it….because I know others feel the same way I do…and it’s evidenced by the way most responded to Shelby’s record this season….especially those East boys….if y’all were 3-7….they’d still say…”I’m taking Shelby until proven otherwise”😂

Yet….I guarantee…there are those on these threads who believe that Shelby shouldn’t have been ranked in the top 10 all year and feel that Shelby was simply just another 7-5 team….just their record…no better…no worse.

For the record…I do not!

I was just wondering how you felt about it because you remind of some of those hard heads I run with.

I’m sure…the entire bar will chime in….hoping you do as well.
Now I see why you and I get along so good Creek. I could use a lot of what you just posted when speaking of a certain eastern county in Nc hsfb fans. I won't go there though because the whole BAR (as you stated) would gang up on me lol.

There’s no questioning your heart for your team …..Goob….that’s all I need to know!

Big Boys came up, no more split divisions, add that as well buddy!! 😎
That good ole ram pack blowing strong.
Big Boys came up, and now you actually have to play them, no more split divisions, buddy.😎
west coast smoking GIF

Last edited:
That good ole ram pack blowing strong.
Big Boys came up, and now you actually have to play them, no more split divisions, buddy.😎
west coast smoking GIF
You alright LA ! Lol ! Almost wish we'd got blown out in the 2nd round too ! See y'all next year.... We lost ! You guys can enjoy the off season feelin' good about us dropping the big trophy this year. I'll check back around November.....maybe....I made no predictions, unlike some of the Ram posters, but I ate some crow anyway over on choppers thread...so I didn't duck out. Honestly, hope y'all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, but I hope next years season for y'all is worse than this one !!!😜 I'm out bro !! Gone fishin' 😎

You alright LA ! Lol ! Almost wish we'd got blown out in the 2nd round too ! See y'all next year.... We lost ! You guys can enjoy the off season feelin' good about us dropping the big trophy this year. I'll check back around November.....maybe....I made no predictions, unlike some of the Ram posters, but I ate some crow anyway over on choppers thread...so I didn't duck out. Honestly, hope y'all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, but I hope next years season for y'all is worse than this one !!!😜 I'm out bro !! Gone fishin' 😎
You’re alright with me, bro, a few of you Ram guys are, including the guy I’m responding to in this thread. Obviously, this particular post stuck with me, and I just had to clap back. Didn’t think I would get the opportunity. I had you guys winning big, but that’s why you play the game.

Whether we got blown out in the second round, or lost in the finals, it’s ring or bust down this way, and I know that’s the case with you guys as well.
Happy Holidays to you, too.

Last edited:
You’re alright with me, bro, a few of you Ram guys are, including the guy I’m responding to in this thread. Obviously, this particular post stuck with me, and I just had to clap back. Didn’t think I would get the opportunity. I had you guys winning big, but that’s why you play the game.

Whether we got blown out in the second round, or in the finals, it’s ring or bust down this way, and I know that’s the case with you guys as well.
Happy Holidays to you, too.
That's right man, seriously I just checked back to see if you hit me back.... Seriously, I'll be off here til sometime next year most likely.... We had our chances today, didn't take advantage. Loved that post with Chris Tucker🤣I don't know if it would help, but I bet it wouldn't hurt !! Chronic !!🚬🤕😎 🎣

• Haha
Reactions: Lion Attack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT