ADVERTISEMENT

South Point @ Crest

The Majestic one has returned.
First of all...Seadog - come on man. Read between the lines. I have a little fun misleading the misled, the hopeful, the wanting types. Sometimes I'm pretty obvious when not kidding, but maybe not. When you have P. Davis and L. Dowdy upfront - things go well. Less talent overall last year didn't matter...yeah we had a weaker schedule in conference and a bunch of mountain teams in the playoffs. A little overconfidence never hurt the Crest types of the world. They still put the championship years on the outside. If we start comparing deserving years then we need to get rid of all crest "championships" especially that year the little 3A beat the "big" 3aa.
Very seriously, with no innuendo or sarcasm: Tonight will be SP 45, Crest 17.
Prison bathroom type encounter. Get ready 2a (besides Shelby), because it's gonna be a long year for yous guys

Sooooo belmont hillbilles! I know y'all are eager to get to the ranch and assemble for your annual glory hole pregame warm up tradition in the Crest bathroom...but Since ole rulz has slowed his roll I've noticed ya'll haven't talked much about the annual meet and greet circle jerk at Bridges BBQ in a few years...so sad

Cant end soon enough for me Sasha. We could use a North Gaston or East Gaston on our schedule until our O figures out this new offense

South Point up 22-0 after taking over at their own 43. First time tuning in for the game and South Point QB looks good.

Well I'm calling it a night. Congrats SP.

Crest has a lot to learn in a very short amount of time. This conference is going to be hell from all the other scores I've seen. Hopefully the chargers will get it together.

Good luck the rest of the way.

South Point has a strong team this year. Have some things to work out but there should be a lot of eyeballs on their game with Shelby at season end.

Lightning delays and penalties really impacted this game. IMO, SP was sloppy with 11 penalties that killed many drives. Alexander ran hard and Scotty looked smoother and more confident than last year. Excited by what Soph Ray Grier is going to add to this offense in multiple ways. Defense is nasty but played a little too soft after the 22-0 lead. Came away impressed with Crest. Defense flows to the ball really well and tackled well. SP had to earn what they got and Alexander will likely wake up sore this morning. Hard to tell about Crest running game as I believe that most teams will struggle against the SP D. Very impressed with the big QB. Runs strong and has a cannon of an arm. O line really protected him well.

Reactions: crest fan
We will be fine i was out of town so i had to watching it on youtube but, last season we didnt improve over the entire season and last night we improved from the start of the 2nd half till the end of the game aganist a really good team!

When we get the anchor of our O Line M. Cudd back in a month our run game will pick up steam! The defense will get better and trust each other more each week

Butler and Creek continue to call you out but I get it. It's better to be thought of as a big fish in a little pond than to go prove your worth. We actually have no issue with Shelby but I thought the Meck Co. crew exaggerating about how pathetic you all are until now. Shelby steps up to play you all yearly rivalry or not but you can't be bothered to take a trip to see where you measure up with Butler or Creek. Again like I said invite East and I promise you physicality will be the last thing you talk about. Lol.
I think they should just build a new school between Shelby and Crest. Close both and make a new 4a school around 2000 attendance and give all the charlotte and Forsyth county folks exactly what they want. The beatings would be embarrassing to say the least.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Sounds like a good game....congrats to seadog and the rest of the SP faithful. SP wins and we are spared at least one more week of coonie trying to run off the new coach .

Reactions: seadog28
I believe the Chargers will be fine! As notashelbyfan said they improved throughout the game. That South Point Defense is a machine starting with the D-line. Outstanding attack to the football! The schedule alone will help the Chargers come November. I think the offense will come around a lot of plays you could see the idea but they just took wayyyy to long to develop. If I had to praise Coach Eddins on one area it would be the penalties. Idk how I made it through the years of Barnes and Clark and all the ridiculous penalties over and over again from the offensive line. The line still has a lot of work to do but by God they didn't have a 130 yards of penalties like the past 6-7 years!

I believe the Chargers will be fine! As notashelbyfan said they improved throughout the game. That South Point Defense is a machine starting with the D-line. Outstanding attack to the football! The schedule alone will help the Chargers come November. I think the offense will come around a lot of plays you could see the idea but they just took wayyyy to long to develop. If I had to praise Coach Eddins on one area it would be the penalties. Idk how I made it through the years of Barnes and Clark and all the ridiculous penalties over and over again from the offensive line. The line still has a lot of work to do but by God they didn't have a 130 yards of penalties like the past 6-7 years!

They avoided the numerous 15 yard penalties that killed them last season. At least the part I was able to watch.

Congrats to SP. They are a well oiled machine and will give Shelby a run for the conference championship. As for Crest - you got to feel good about the direction this team is headed with coach Eddins. We have work to do and need a RB to step up and be the man. It's been a long time since Crest didn't have a stud RB. Maybe he's on the roster....we have plenty of athletes so hopefully one steps up. The QB Kemmerlin had a great game and showed some flashes of big time potential. He was the bright spot on offense. The defense is going to be fine. As fans we need to be patient with the offense. I do think when and if that RB steps up - the triple option will be hard to stop. The OL will only get better. This looks like a TEAM not me group of players and coaches that will be hard to handle come November. It gets better next year with Eddins system taking hold and 15-18 starters back. Proud to be a Charger!!!!!! For those fans that don't like the triple option or blamed our lack of productivity on it - lol most of those same fans didn't like what Barnes was doing on offense on the way to four state championship appearances in five yrs. Same goes with the 3-4 D vs 4-3.... in the end it comes down to personnel and execution. Just TRUST in Eddins...he's got this!!!!!

I love having fun with the Cramper fans who are surprisingly enough really good people. Absolutely nothing to hang your head about. Those boys competed, and more importantly, the Coaching staff did also. Good times ahead for the crampers!

Impressed with both teams. The Crest defensive front came hard to the ball and made SP earn everything we got. The Crest QB impressed me as well. Seemed to stay poised and showed he can throw the ball. He runs very tough for a guy his size. I said it before and will say it again Coach Eddins was a great hire for the Chargers. He will take that talent that flows through Crest and make them contenders every year.
I felt SP's defensive front showed it can matchup with anyone. The secondary is very young and athletic. It's going to be dangerous in time as they get coached up by the Raider staff. Raider "D" will keep them competitive in all games. Alrhough they did seem to lose some of their aggressiveness in the 4th quarter. I bet they hear about that Monday.
SP offensively stayed conservative with the weather conditions in the first half but found success opening up the play book in the second half. The only problem with that was they weren't getting points because the penalties thwarted drive after drive. They were all legitimate calls just early season mistakes you will not find in Raider football a few weeks from now.
In the end we had a sloppy night of weather and two good well coached team giving it all they had. Good luck to Crest through the rest of the season..
Go Raiders!!!

Reactions: seadog28
Impressed with both teams. The Crest defensive front came hard to the ball and made SP earn everything we got. The Crest QB impressed me as well. Seemed to stay poised and showed he can throw the ball. He runs very tough for a guy his size. I said it before and will say it again Coach Eddins was a great hire for the Chargers. He will take that talent that flows through Crest and make them contenders every year.
I felt SP's defensive front showed it can matchup with anyone. The secondary is very young and athletic. It's going to be dangerous in time as they get coached up by the Raider staff. Raider "D" will keep them competitive in all games. Alrhough they did seem to lose some of their aggressiveness in the 4th quarter. I bet they hear about that Monday.
SP offensively stayed conservative with the weather conditions in the first half but found success opening up the play book in the second half. The only problem with that was they weren't getting points because the penalties thwarted drive after drive. They were all legitimate calls just early season mistakes you will not find in Raider football a few weeks from now.
In the end we had a sloppy night of weather and two good well coached team giving it all they had. Good luck to Crest through the rest of the season..
Go Raiders!!!

Damn!!! I love being a Mighty Red Raider!! Our fans/posters prove the difference. Great post, Raidersway! We know our shit!

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
I did get a look at one of them books they sell every year at Crest and wow! I didn't realize how many juniors are on the team right now, and only a few seniors...next year is going to be very interesting I hope.

Congrats SP, best of luck against Shelby. I don't know if y'all play the huskies but the should be dangerous. It would be nice if y'all could beat them up a little for us before we face them, same goes for the greenwave.

Really thought Crest looked well coached. Jake Alexander ran so tough for the RR, Both teams had prolific kicking and was very impressed with Kemmerlin and Lee. Two top notch programs with two top notch new coaches. Just hated the delays and the rainy tundra.

At this time the passing game might be slightly ahead of the running game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT