ADVERTISEMENT

Round 3: Riverside-Martin (11-1) @ Tarboro (10-1)

They were a good team, but so was the 2010 carver and 2011 Lincoln team. Those were two great wins
No disrespect to Carver or Lincolnton, but we won those games. I thought after we got so close in 2015 that we would beat Wallace Rose-Hill in 2016. They beat us like a drum head the entire second half.

No disrespect to Carver or Lincolnton, but we won those games. I thought after we got so close in 2015 that we would beat Wallace Rose-Hill in 2016. They beat us like a drum head the entire second half.
Our team in 2016 was no where near as good as those teams that won the 2A titles.

We were good but We had a whole lot of sophomores playing in 2016 that went on to win the championships in ‘17 and ‘18.

‘16 WRH was a good team - but the best we played in 15 years? I think that’s a bit of a stretch.

What’s y’all’s thoughts on this week?

I don’t think Tarboro is in danger of losing this one but I hope they come out and take care of business and play with the same energy they did the first time these teams met.

Riverside can put up some points if Tarboro isn’t locked in.
Todd Gurley still there? If so, Vikings by a bunch!

And I don't know about those other teams you're debating, but beating that 2011 Wolves team was impressive. Two NFL Players made the difference, finally.

I guess I do know about Carver. They beat us to get to you in 2010. They were pretty danged good
Exactly. We had two future NFL players and you guys still almost won.

Reactions: AlwaysAWolf
Wallace Rose Hill had a good team in 16 but best Tarboro has played in the last 15 years is a bit of a stretch. I think they in the top 5 definite top 10. Tbh that night I felt like we beat ourselves. I think we turned it over 4 times if I remember correctly. I do still wish they were in 1a though. I fully believe we beat them in 2017 through spring 2021. Last season would have been tough

Last edited:
Reactions: HowerinJr
This has kind of gone unnoticed - but Tarboro is currently on a 54 game home win streak.

Last loss in Tarboro was 2015 against James Kenan in the playoffs.

Reactions: thekidd12
This has kind of gone unnoticed - but Tarboro is currently on a 54 game home win streak.

Last loss in Tarboro was 2015 against James Kenan in the playoffs.
Man how does it feel knowing all your team has to do is show up and they are going to represent the east in state championship every year???

I really ain’t good at this am I? 😂

In all my years of attending high School football games he was easily the worst PA announcer I've ever heard. Yeah Riverside is young, I don't know how true it is but I think they're Middle School team went undefeated this year
That's right! I am the Head Coach! This is our second year straight undefeated. I have been there two years and we have been undefeated two years straight praise God!

Reactions: thsvikes
I know that quarterback y'all have is really good for him to be a freshman. He's only gonna get better

I know that quarterback y'all have is really good for him to be a freshman. He's only gonna get better
Yes, he's originally from Monroe, but his dad went to Williamston High School, so he moved the family back this way. I had the pleasure of being his first football coach here. It was a blessing for him to come in with a great group.

Yes, he's originally from Monroe, but his dad went to Williamston High School, so he moved the family back this way. I had the pleasure of being his first football coach here. It was a blessing for him to come in with a great group.
Dang he could have been the QB at Monroe. Big pick up then.

Dang he could have been the QB at Monroe. Big pick up then.
Yessah!!! They (Monroe) are undefeated if I'm not mistaken. When he first moved out east I had to make him run the football, because Monroe had him spread spoiled and he enjoyed being a pocket passer. I told him this is the "East" we run that "thang" out here..lol.. After that he was a machine in Middle School..

Yessah!!! They (Monroe) are undefeated if I'm not mistaken. When he first moved out east I had to make him run the football, because Monroe had him spread spoiled and he enjoyed being a pocket passer. I told him this is the "East" we run that "thang" out here..lol.. After that he was a machine in Middle School..
Coach,
I knew Paschal was the coach at Riverside now, but someone told me yesterday that hometown hero and former head coach at Havelock Jim Bob Bryant was serving as OC. That’s like having Babe Ruth available on the bench. I am trying to imagine what those two coaches can develop in the next 3 years as that freshman QB matures. That is if both coaches are content with this arrangement for the next 3 years. How did that come about? There’s got to be a story there…or I was just lied to.

Coach,
I knew Paschal was the coach at Riverside now, but someone told me yesterday that hometown hero and former head coach at Havelock Jim Bob Bryant was serving as OC. That’s like having Babe Ruth available on the bench. I am trying to imagine what those two coaches can develop in the next 3 years as that freshman QB matures. That is if both coaches are content with this arrangement for the next 3 years. How did that come about? There’s got to be a story there…or I was just lied to.
Yes, Jim Bob Is The OC.... We both teach at Riverside Middle School. I have learned a lot from this guy, in the past few months with him being here. Jim Bob is from Williamston and he wanted to be back home close to his parents, who very sweet people. Jim bob also said that in the interview.

Jim bob Bryant is the OC at Riverside? Man that's a huge pick up for them. He was the head coach of some really good Havelock teams. I saw the name Jim bob on here yesterday and it completely went over my head that's who it was.

Reactions: HowerinJr
Jim bob Bryant is the OC at Riverside? Man that's a huge pick up for them. He was the head coach of some really good Havelock teams. I saw the name Jim bob on here yesterday and it completely went over my head that's who it was.
Yes, All of the offensive linemen come back next year except one (The one had to start because of injuries), so his main focus is getting them in the weight-room . they have a lot returning . I have 4 studs coming from the middle school that should start on varsity next year as well as freshmen. We have been getting so many transfers, so it ain't no telling how they will look next year.

Yes, All of the offensive linemen come back next year except one (The one had to start because of injuries), so his main focus is getting them in the weight-room . they have a lot returning . I have 4 studs coming from the middle school that should start on varsity next year as well as freshmen. We have been getting so many transfers, so it ain't no telling how they will look next year.
Transfers ended up being a pretty big reason for Paschal’s downfall at Conley. I wouldn’t say that too loudly.

(edit) If he's getting his former players at Bear Grass Charter to transfer to Riverside, I'm sure he will have a cult following on this board.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TarVikes
Transfers ended up being a pretty big reason for Paschal’s downfall at Conley. I wouldn’t say that too loudly.

(edit) If he's getting his former players at Bear Grass Charter to transfer to Riverside, I'm sure he will have a cult following on this board.
No these are legit transfers... We had kids that stayed in Riverside District, but they went to Bear Grass. Williamston has been selling a lot of homes in the area lately and that's how we have been obtaining some. For example, one of my middle football players parents were teaching in Edgecombe County, but were living over here still and their son was going to South Edgecombe. His mom finally let him play for riverside middle this year. You would be amazed at how many kids that stay in riverside district, but go to Hobgood, bear grass charter, Lawrence academy, and Washington charter school.

No these are legit transfers... We had kids that stayed in Riverside District, but they went to Bear Grass. Williamston has been selling a lot of homes in the area lately and that's how we have been obtaining some. For example, one of my middle football players parents were teaching in Edgecombe County, but were living over here still and their son was going to South Edgecombe. His mom finally let him play for riverside middle this year. You would be amazed at how many kids that stay in riverside district, but go to Hobgood, bear grass charter, Lawrence academy, and Washington charter school.
Good I welcome great competition and think it will benefit both programs and the conference

We seem a little disorganized offensively this week and Riverside is playing very well on offense. I wish Craddock had taken a time out during that goal line stand. We wouldn’t have run out of time to end the half.

That's right! I am the Head Coach! This is our second year straight undefeated. I have been there two years and we have been undefeated two years straight praise God!
I want to get up with you before next season. I will be looking for a scrimmage or game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT