ADVERTISEMENT

Round 3: Riverside-Martin (11-1) @ Tarboro (10-1)

Hopefully Tarboros star running back will be back for next weeks game. They’ll still run away with the game against Riverside this weekend, I think it will end up being a running clock. Playing in the playoffs in Tarboro is tough.
Is that the freshman that’s so good?

Hopefully Tarboros star running back will be back for next weeks game. They’ll still run away with the game against Riverside this weekend, I think it will end up being a running clock. Playing in the playoffs in Tarboro is tough.
From my understanding, everything has been worked out. He may have to sit a half though but Train(#10) may not be available due to his knee

From my understanding, everything has been worked out. He may have to sit a half though but Train(#10) may not be available due to his knee
Mason gonna get a lot of carries Friday night looks like. Throw our FB Bruce number 25 in the mix to. He went wild in the first game against Riverside

Reactions: thsvikes
Mason gonna get a lot of carries Friday night looks like. Throw our FB Bruce number 25 in the mix to. He went wild in the first game against Riverside
We have McDaniels back and also don’t forget number 1, dozier. He played great early in the year before Kam got the call up. I believe even with Mason, mcdaniels, dozier, and Bruce, we’ll still have plenty of fire power

This has nothing to do with the game this week, but rumor has it that Northampton has already been preparing for Tarboro for a couple of weeks now. Maybe that’s why they had a close game last week.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
This has nothing to do with the game this week, but rumor has it that Northampton has already been preparing for Tarboro for a couple of weeks now. Maybe that’s why they had a close game last week.
We have to get thru this week but I’ve been telling people all year I thought Northampton was going to be a problem for anybody they play.

Just from watching some interviews before the season and posts on social media I think they’ve had Tarboro circled.

Hopefully we get thru this week. Riverside wants Tarboro too.

We have to get thru this week but I’ve been telling people all year I thought Northampton was going to be a problem for anybody they play.

Just from watching some interviews before the season and posts on social media I think they’ve had Tarboro circled.

Hopefully we get thru this week. Riverside wants Tarboro too.
Would you change anything from the first time you played riverside this year? I’d go with the same game plan. I don’t think they’ll be able to keep up with Tarboro’s tempo. 48-14 is what I’m going with.

I think west Columbus may upset Northampton Imo. Overlooking teams this time of year isn't a good idea. Plus I look at their schedule, their smallest of victory came against a down Washington team.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
From what I saw last game, I just don’t see riverside being able to stop us.
I don't think it will be a competitive game with Tarboro winning easily. But Riverside I'd goingnto be a tough out over the next few years. With Paschalk getting a few years with the players in his lifting program and Jim Bob running the O with all that young talent, they are going to be a factor moving forward. Just hope you can avoid the annoying PA guy. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: vikandpirate4christ
I don't think it will be a competitive game with Tarboro winning easily. But Riverside I'd goingnto be a tough out over the next few years. With Paschalk getting a few years with the players in his lifting program and Jim Bob running the O with all that young talent, they are going to be a factor moving forward. Just hope you can avoid the annoying PA guy. 🤣🤣🤣
Agreed, I think they can definitely become a more serious contender in the coming years

I would like to see us put more pressure on the quarterback this time and get a few sacks. I don’t know if we can because he gets rid of the ball quickly

Their QB is only a freshman. They have a lot of young guys on their team so potential is there. And also this time around there won't be an annoying PA guy since it's in Tarboro lol

Right. I mean I think Northampton should be favored. But at the same time though, west Columbus has impressed me this year. They gave whiteville a good game earlier this year. It would be very unwise to overlook them or else you won't get to play Tarboro.
i didn’t even realize they played Whiteville that close.

Would you change anything from the first time you played riverside this year? I’d go with the same game plan. I don’t think they’ll be able to keep up with Tarboro’s tempo. 48-14 is what I’m going with.
It’s funny to see Tarboro and tempo in the same phrase. We all spent years watching Tarboro offenses shorten games playing a methodical, sometimes plodding lack of tempo game. The no-huddle quick pace actually works really nicely with their offense and makes it harder for opposing defenses to settle in on their assignments. That has been a nice evolution to the Vikings game through the course of the year.

It’s funny to see Tarboro and tempo in the same phrase. We all spent years watching Tarboro offenses shorten games playing a methodical, sometimes plodding lack of tempo game. The no-huddle quick pace actually works really nicely with their offense and makes it harder for opposing defenses to settle in on their assignments. That has been a nice evolution to the Vikings game through the course of the year.
I may be mistaken in the 2016 eastern finals Tarboro was leading WRH at the half. WRH came out in the third and ran their no huddle “nascar” offense. It slowed our defense down and they took the lead. I think we learned that from them.

Reactions: thsvikes
Tarboro by Tarboro. Only way Tarboro loses is if Tarboro beats itself
As Lee Corso would say “not so fast” lol. I like our chances but some of the teams left are pretty good. All of them will bring their A game and not lay down because it is Tarboro. We will have to play our best each game to advance.

I may be mistaken in the 2016 eastern finals Tarboro was leading WRH at the half. WRH came out in the third and ran their no huddle “nascar” offense. It slowed our defense down and they took the lead. I think we learned that from them.
We were leading at the half but I still think offensively we out scored them. They scored twice on fumbles and once on a blocked punt.
Offensively we switched things after the half and it didn’t go as well as things went in the first half. Their coach Joey price said on a podcast or interview somewhere that we had them on their heels first half and they didn’t know what we were going to do

Lots of should’ve could’ve sand would’ve but I still feel we were better than them that year. I’ve heard from reputable people in the high school football industry who also felt we were probably better, but they executed on our mistakes and made us pay for it

We were leading at the half but I still think offensively we out scored them. They scored twice on fumbles and once on a blocked punt.
Offensively we switched things after the half and it didn’t go as well as things went in the first half. Their coach Joey price said on a podcast or interview somewhere that we had them on their heels first half and they didn’t know what we were going to do

Lots of should’ve could’ve sand would’ve but I still feel we were better than them that year. I’ve heard from reputable people in the high school football industry who also felt we were probably better, but they executed on our mistakes and made us pay for it
I remember two things about that game. It was damn cold and I thought we were fortunate to be leading at the half. Those Dogs were strong and they had another gear in that 3rd quarter that Tarboro had no answers for. They kept the Vikings pinned back on their own territory and just mashed us unto the turf, getting short fields and easy points in the process. They deserved the win and the 1AA title. They moved up to 2A and were the best in the whole classification in 2017. That was truly the best team Tarboro has faced in the last 15 years. I think watching 2017 WRH against 2019 East Surry would be a dream matchup, but those Dogs had a defense that was special.

Reactions: t-townvikings
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT