ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Heritage vs Reidsville 2a Title Round 4

So is almost every school in the state. Just 16 left. No biggie

Also the all time record is a bit inflated when you consider the strength of schedule especially the last probably 10 years. No doubt he is great and accomplished a lot and despite the horrible schedule he has still won titles but it sure doesn’t hurt to play at home all playoffs every year which is aided by the cream puff schedule

Take a look at the schedule this season fall 2021. We’ve played northern guilford, north west guilford, east surry, high point andrews, west Rowan, western Almance west within the last 10 years.

it’s only one game I wish we scheduled and that’s Dudley and recently grimsley.

Just admit it , you’re strength of schedule is very weak every year

Does MH have a better team than last year? The Wildcats beat them in the playoffs last year before getting blown out in Reidsville.
Like I’ve said anyone can get beat any given game. They had a good team last year as they do this year. Think players over looked west a bit thinking ahead to finally getting Reidsville at our place.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Obviously you remember Mule. A 4 win team. Never played a good Owen team. Early in the game it was pretty competitive. A lot better than I thought it would be

Mostly due to conference and county opponents. Can’t help that. Teague tries to find the best non conference schedule he can. We are playing 3a western alamance, 3a eastern alamance and 4a Greensboro page, besides Shelby who is playing a non conference schedule like that in 2a

Simmons rates the Reidsville Strength of Schedule as follows:

Based on 114 2A/2AA Teams:

2020 TBD
2019 #42
2018 #33
2017 #35
2016 #48
2015 #12
2014 #38
2013 #33
2012 #18
2011 # 6

Maybe delusional is the wrong word. Ignorant may fit better.

Last edited:
So a state title contender can only schedule a mediocre schedule. What does Max preps think about your schedule?

There are some on there being disrespectful and there are some references to the crap talk from the year before of crap talking. Go back another year. I sure as heck ain’t going to but it did happen

Simmons rates the Reidsville Strength of Schedule as follows:

Based on 114 2A/2AA Teams:

2020 TBD
2019 #42
2018 #33
2017 #35
2016 #48
2015 #12
2014 #38
2013 #33
2012 #18
2011 # 6

Maybe delusional is the wrong work. Ignorant may fit better.

I would like to see who he wants us to schedule. I hope you have suggestions

Ok. If you look back all the way to 17. Go back and look at regular Reidsville posters and tell me where the disrespect is https://ncpreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/mt-heritage-vs-reidsville-rd-3-x3.40040/
Most of the Reidsville posters I saw and read in 2018 and leading up to what we thought would be a rematch in 2019 were respectful and thought it would be a fairly competitive game of contrasting styles. I didn’t post a lot myself but always followed and read the posts. I’ve been a jerk myself on the heritage mitchell threads but I still respect them. I stood at the fence and talked to a group of Reidsville fans they done nothing but praise and brag about the game and how heritage gave them all they wanted.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Funny you trying to flip it LOL. It was all Reidsville on that spectrum

Funny you trying to flip it LOL. It was all Reidsville on that spectrum

it probably was some junk talking. We beat east Montgomery 39-17 in playoffs and south Columbus 28-0. I thought heritage was going to be better than both of them, so I probably thought about a 10-14 margin

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I’m pretty impressed little ole me was able to get so many Rams fans so twisted all at once. It’s quite funny. Too easy

Reactions: dogs79
So a state title contender can only schedule a mediocre schedule. What does Max preps think about your schedule?
Haters are going to hate.... Northern Guilford, NW Guilford, Magna Vista, Ragsdale won't schedule us anymore. Everyone in the state bitches about our schedule. We have 750 students give or take. We played NW Guilford with nearly 2800 students. We beat them. We beat Ragsdale. We played N Guilford. No one says a word when in 2013 or 2014 NW Guilford beat us 42-7. No one says a word when N Guilford beat us in OT when Teague went for 2 in OT for the win. Lincolnton and Shelby came back to back years once in regional final and once in 3rd round.... Everyone piles on. Since the Lincolnton loss in 2015 we've lost 2 games. Once in OT in the title game and once in what many say is one of the best games in NC history. In 17, we beat a very good MH team. In 18, we beat Mt Heritage. In 19, we didn't get the chance to play Mt Heritage. Mt Heritage posters have always been great and they love their team and coach. Justifiably so. Just to be clear... I never remember playing Owen. I also never remember a Mt Heritage game in which Mt Heritage fumbled going into the end zone for the win as time ran out. I don't remember a Reidsville team scoring 14 in the 4th qtr to come from behind to win. I don't remember a Mt Heritage not stopping a goal line stand to hold on to a win.
I do remember two of the three ball games being really great ballgames against really quality teams. I also remember meeting Lincolnton in the finals in fall of 17 and running clock against Edenton in the finals. I remember losing to WRH in OT against one of the best RB I've ever seen. I remember winning a state title against a very good NE team at the buzzer and I remember winning against a NE is a stalemate. I keep thinking back..... For the life of me 🤷‍♂️🤔. No Owen. 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Reactions: tarheel fan1
A lot of that is jibberish which I have no part in. But much of it is that amnesia again I guess. Still the last 10 years a school with 20+ state titles has a schedule that by Simmons ratings is 33rd or worse and they wanna brag about the record. Max preps which is who the state uses see the schedule even worse but whose counting? Talking about delusional. At least Shelby Schedules folks

Oh and you played Owen 1st round and beat them 49-13. A 4 win Owen team. Then you barely beat Heritage 3rd round and barely beat Brevard 4th round same year. Both of those teams had Reidsville on the ropes

Oh and you played Owen 1st round and beat them 49-13. A 4 win Owen team. Then you barely beat Heritage 3rd round and barely beat Brevard 4th round same year. Both of those teams had Reidsville on the ropes

A sophomore led team though. Who should we play? You still haven’t answered

Acr schedules folks from all over the state. Nothing says you have to stay around Greensboro etc. there are plenty of teams in Charlotte not afraid to play you

A 16-0 team and all you can say we were led by Sophs? I’m sure there were plenty of seniors. Heck we just had about 25 players total so.......

A 16-0 team and all you can say we were led by Sophs? I’m sure there were plenty of seniors. Heck we just had about 25 players total so.......

Because that was a good opportunity for teams to beat Reidsville. There were some good seniors on that team, didn't say it wasn't. Like I said, I thought we would be in the mix for states, but wasn't sure if that team was going to be able to make it.

Reynolds traveled to east and west forsyth the last couple years. Those school are like 150 miles one way. No excuse for what Reidsville does

They schedule Shelby almost every year. They generally face off with state champions because that’s what they want to do. Should be the same for Reidsville

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT