ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville Wins 2A Title

That one linebacker/RB in 16 I think might have helped another team to the south some…
Only reason I say that is I could pick on Mr Lincolnton a little bit more…
Jaron Letterlough had Reidsville roots, if I remember correctly.
He was MVP of the championship game 58-12 romp over Edenton.

I was on the 1969 team and that was the year that Reidsville recruited over half of its team (consolidated the two Reidsville high schools) ... neither school had much luck in 1968 but together they were champions. Joking of course, but I don't remember any transfers for either the 1969 or 1970 teams. What is now Rockingham County High didn't have football (Wentworth, Bethany and Ruffin) so Reidsville was pretty much the only football game in town. (Ruffin may have fielded football teams a short while).

Reidsville has definitely benefitted from a few transfers over the years ... including a couple of great quarterbacks in Anthony Crews (2002) and Tanner Wilson (2015 and 2016) ... Crews started at QB at Elon as a freshman but a new coach brought his own son in the following year and switched Crews to WR. Wilson never got a chance to play at Appalachian.

One other transfer QB Reidsville had was Khalil Hairston in 2014. There have been a few linemen over the years, a super RB/linebacker in 2016 and then the two Burlington transfers this year. But overall, Reidsville's teams have mostly been home grown - starting out in the youth leagues, then playing on dominant Reidsville Middle School teams.
Who. were the Burlington tranferd and from what Burlington school?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rammer16
Yes his grandfather I believe…
And I know the second one for sure …😢

I was on the 1969 team and that was the year that Reidsville recruited over half of its team (consolidated the two Reidsville high schools) ... neither school had much luck in 1968 but together they were champions. Joking of course, but I don't remember any transfers for either the 1969 or 1970 teams. What is now Rockingham County High didn't have football (Wentworth, Bethany and Ruffin) so Reidsville was pretty much the only football game in town. (Ruffin may have fielded football teams a short while).

Reidsville has definitely benefitted from a few transfers over the years ... including a couple of great quarterbacks in Anthony Crews (2002) and Tanner Wilson (2015 and 2016) ... Crews started at QB at Elon as a freshman but a new coach brought his own son in the following year and switched Crews to WR. Wilson never got a chance to play at Appalachian.

One other transfer QB Reidsville had was Khalil Hairston in 2014. There have been a few linemen over the years, a super RB/linebacker in 2016 and then the two Burlington transfers this year. But overall, Reidsville's teams have mostly been home grown - starting out in the youth leagues, then playing on dominant Reidsville Middle School teams.

Consolidated?
Did you say consolidated two high schools?

The NCHSAA does not consider consolidated high schools the same high schools as before, even if they keep the same name.
Richmond Senior is not the same as Rockingham city High School.
For record keeping, the consolidation date starts a new school’s performance records.

Reidsville High records before 1969 should have always been kept separate from those that followed.
Interesting.
Looks like Shelby is in first place with the most titles.

Can’t wait to report this one.

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
Consolidated?

The NCHSAA does not consider consolidated high schools the same high schools as before, even if they keep the same name.
For record keeping, the consolidation date starts a new school’s performance records.

Reidsville High records before 1969 should have always been kept separate from those that followed.
Interesting.

Stay tuned. Your time is coming. 2nd to Reidsville.

• Haha
Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Consolidated?

Interesting.

Ever heard of integration? Be sure to report Shelby absorbing Cleveland High School while you're at it. Might lose all your precious WNCHSAA titles, 😂

Consolidated?

Interesting.

It’s basketball season. Isn’t it time for you to go into hibernation for the winter?

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Ever heard of integration? Be sure to report Shelby absorbing Cleveland High School while you're at it. Might lose all your precious WNCHSAA titles, 😂

TGT used the word “consolidated”. We didn’t.
The NCHSAA has been clear that consolidated schools are treated as a new beginning.
Look it up.
Good research on Cleveland High.
But Shelby never consolidated with Cleveland High.
Integration in Cleveland county occurred over almost a 10 year plan. 2 new high schools were opened in 1968, Crest and Burns. Integration was accomplished over a slow merge, no consolidation.
Reidsville and Booker T WAS a consolidation. So much so that the school leaders got together and changed the mascot to the Rams to acknowledge as much.
Looks like, once again, Reidsville was treated differently than the rest by the NCHSAA.
And with Que in your pocket, it will be difficult to correct.
Meanwhile, understand your status to maintain the pre “consolidation” titles as consistent is incorrect. Bogus again.
We don’t make this stuff up.

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
TGT used the word “consolidated”. We didn’t.
The NCHSAA has been clear that consolidated schools are treated as a new beginning.
Look it up.
Good research on Cleveland High.
But Shelby never consolidated with Cleveland High.
Integration in Cleveland county occurred over almost a 10 year plan. 2 new high schools were opened in 1968, Crest and Burns. Integration was accomplished over a slow merge, no consolidation.
Reidsville and Booker T WAS a consolidation. So much so that the school leaders got together and changed the mascot to the Rams to acknowledge as much.
Looks like, once again, Reidsville was treated differently than the rest by the NCHSAA.
And with Que in your pocket, it will be difficult to correct.
Meanwhile, understand your status to maintain the pre “consolidation” titles as consistent is incorrect. Bogus again.
We don’t make this stuff up.
You are a complete and total idiot. Reidsville and Booker T. Washington High Schools were integrated the same as nearly all previously segerated high schools in North Carolina.

"the school leaders got together and changed the mascot to the Rams to acknowledge as much". Wrong once again. The students from both schools voted for the Rams mascot.

Last edited:
I have heard that he started at Southwest Randolph in middle school then hit portal and went to eastern randolph and then when baxter couldnt do nothing with him headed up to Reidsville (dont quote me) but I did here from somewhat reliable sources...he was a stud no doubt

You are a complete and total idiot. Reidsville and Booker T. Washington High Schools were integrated the same as nearly all previously segerated high schools in North Carolina.

"the school leaders got together and changed the mascot to the Rams to acknowledge as much". Wrong once again. The students from both schools voted for the Rams mascot.
Exactly ....

Consolidated?

Interesting.

This is concerning....

If Crest and Shelby consolidated and kept the name Shelby but played 4A ball and won state championships every year (because they would) I don't know if I would feel comfortable counting them as titles for Shelby. Especially if we also changed mascots to mark the consolidation. That would seem like a whole new school to me.

This is very interesting.

This is concerning....

If Crest and Shelby consolidated and kept the name Shelby but played 4A ball and won state championships every year (because they would) I don't know if I would feel comfortable counting them as titles for Shelby. Especially if we also changed mascots to mark the consolidation. That would seem like a whole new school to me.

Seems as if the mental issues are a family matter.

This guy is obsessed with discrediting Reidsville.
He can’t use the “no consolidated championships” anymore so he’s trying this one again.
Such a sad existence.

• Haha
He can’t use the “no consolidated championships” anymore so he’s trying this one again.
Such a sad existence.
Actually Reidsville won 14 so called "consolidated" championships before the splits.

But, of course, I keep forgetting that those were before Shelby joined the NCHSAA so they don't count according to their warped minds.

• Haha
Such a sad existence.
They "got it bad" no doubt. Tell us to bite our tongue while theirs flap like two sheets in a hurricane.

This is concerning....

So now you say, "if" Shelby and Crest consolidated they would win the 4A state championship every year ?
WOW !!!! You go Spin Doctor !!!
🤣🤣🤣.... How bout going over to the 4A boards and do a poll on that 🥃🫨🤒🤕

Reactions: dogs79
So now you say, "if" Shelby and Crest consolidated they would win the 4A state championship every year ?
WOW !!!! You go Spin Doctor !!!
🤣🤣🤣.... How bout going over to the 4A boards and do a poll on that 🥃🫨🤒🤕
I believe you're in the egg nog a little early this year 🤣🤣
Carry on !!

Why is it that when a legitimate topic comes up to discuss, you guys immediately start stomping and calling folks names and acting foolish.
You know what they say about people who are reduced to name calling.
We were just sitting here minding our business and THT brought up consolidation at Reidsville High School.
Are we just supposed to ignore that? There seems to be all kinds of consolidations and mergers of school systems in Rockingham County over the last 60 years or so. You changed the name of Reidsville Senior, the mascot (we didn’t say it couldn’t have been STUDENT LEADERS), feeder schools, etc.
Rockingham city consolidated with Hamlet city and poof, it is now Richmond Senior and all Rockingham city records are bygones.
Why are y’all so sensitive?

Cleveland High School did not merge or consolidate with Shelby High School.
We explained that already. Black students enrolled over a 10 year plan into elementary schools, middle schools, Burns, Crest, and Shelby, and even some to Kings Mountain.

As far as Shelby and Crest are concerned, between these two programs are 18 state titles and 24 championship game appearances in the last 36 years. We challenge you to find that success for two programs in any other county in the state.
18 Titles in 36 years. 50%
24 Appearances in 36 years. 67%
There is no objective doubt that placed together, the duo would dominate 4A.

You just won the State Championship.
The “unified” 2A classification Title.
Now act like you’ve been there b……
Wait a minute…..

The city of Reidsville is the capital, Community Stadium - the Capitol. Be sure to be a bitter dingleberry whose fellow fans detest you.

• Haha
OK Reidsville fans, that’s it. I know a guy who does billboards across the state. Starting a go fund me for a billboard to be put up on main drag in Shelby that says:

“Visit Reidsville, the Football Capital of N.C.”
That would not be cool at all. Where is the gofund me?

The city of Reidsville is the capital, Community Stadium - the Capitol. Be sure to be a bitter dingleberry whose fellow fans detest you.

There you go again, name calling…
And your young children run out to join in.
Can’t we just all get along?

Leave a little room at the top of the billboard…
Over the word Football.
Just enough for “BOGUS”.

Why is it that when a legitimate topic comes up to discuss, you guys immediately start stomping and calling folks names and acting foolish.
You know what they say about people who are reduced to name calling.
We were just sitting here minding our business and THT brought up consolidation at Reidsville High School.
Are we just supposed to ignore that? There seems to be all kinds of consolidations and mergers of school systems in Rockingham County over the last 60 years or so. You changed the name of Reidsville Senior, the mascot (we didn’t say it couldn’t have been STUDENT LEADERS), feeder schools, etc.
Rockingham city consolidated with Hamlet city and poof, it is now Richmond Senior and all Rockingham city records are bygones.
Why are y’all so sensitive?

Cleveland High School did not merge or consolidate with Shelby High School.
We explained that already. Black students enrolled over a 10 year plan into elementary schools, middle schools, Burns, Crest, and Shelby, and even some to Kings Mountain.

As far as Shelby and Crest are concerned, between these two programs are 18 state titles and 24 championship game appearances in the last 36 years. We challenge you to find that success for two programs in any other county in the state.
18 Titles in 36 years. 50%
24 Appearances in 36 years. 67%
There is no objective doubt that placed together, the duo would dominate 4A.

You just won the State Championship.
The “unified” 2A classification Title.
Now act like you’ve been there b……
Wait a minute…..
"You know what they say about people reduced to name calling" Just returning the compliment. Your friend, Loud Mouth Fossil.

It's amazing that high schools speak openly about transfers as if it's OK. I guess it is because so many do it?

It is a problem for programs that don't/can't get transfers. Maybe the NCHSAA or the general assembly since they are taking over should create a division for teams that reload through the "portal."

You'd think people would be more proud of a hometown team that wins it all with homegrown talent but those days are long gone. Today, it's win whatever way you can. "Smoke em while you got em."
Sadly Times have changed All the top teams got transfers Everybody’s doing it, Get on board or get left behind. Only need 1 or 2 kids to make a difference especially on the 1A and 2A level. It’s not the coaches that’s going out recruiting these kids, the parents want their kids to play for a great program and coach. Between Grimsley and Dudley they pretty much took a lot of best athletes in Greensboro.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT