ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville Wins 2A Title

I remember that game (I was in it) ... wasn't it played on the old Liberty field?
My cousin Mike was Reidsville's RB threat for that game but was recovering from a back injury. Coach Johnny Morris put him in late in the game to run a reverse for what would have been the winning play if it worked but he just couldn't go. I remember the next morning he could hardly move but he gave it his best go.

Reidsville and Eastern Randolph have only played each other 9 times

1968....ER 3 Reidsville 0

1969.....Reidsville 31 ER 0

1970.....Reidsville 38 ER 7

1990.....Reidsville 19 ER 12 (playoff game)

1992.....Reidsville 24 ER 8 (playoff game)

2009.....Reidsville 50 ER 7

2010.....ER 50 Reidsville 23

2011.....Reidsville 14 ER 0

2012.....Reidsville 40 ER 13

All but the playoff years the two were in the same conference....Think these 2 need to play each other again...
Reidsville leads series 7-2...............................
Thank you sir…
I agree they should play each other maybe in a home and home two season affair.
Those 09/10 scores kinda odd.
Again thank you

Reactions: rambbq
fall of 1968 is when Eastern Randolph began...Reidsville resident Joe Swaim played on the 1967 Liberty football team...he's same age as me......ER played Reidsville in 1968 with ER winning 3-0.........................
Joe still eats breakfast with us occasionally at the Sanitary on Saturday mornings. He is battling illness but hanging tough. Small world, but one of his sisters once worked for me in our office.

I think he means the gentleman in question now currently resides in Reidsville…
Also looks like that gentleman played at Liberty High School NOT Eastern Randolph.
Do you ever have nice things to say about anything?
Bless your heart…
Mr. Kidd my comment above was very neutral...if anything a compliment to ER

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT