ADVERTISEMENT

Stop the delusion, 2A is glorified JV football.

You could take a 2a school in the hinderregions, in some far off place, 50 miles from a loaf of bread. and let them play 4a and get stomped. At least you accommodated them and didn't have them travel far. I bet it's not easy to accommodate 400 schools by simple, unbendable rules. I see various solutions from about five or six "thinkers",from across the state, solving the current 8 classifications. Each has a different idea and all are removed from the decision. It is always easy to criticize. I will prove it. I find it easy to criticize #daletec's criticism, and I see his point.
In fairness, the ADM and classification of schools was made much more complex and convoluted with the additional items being included in addition to the enrollments (ADM).

Putting together an alignment is extremely difficult. I have followed this over the years.

I thought six would be the best number for this alignment. How to deal with the non football playing schools is a big issue. I thought five classes with 76 schools (380 football schools) and a classification for non football (60 plus) would have been perfect. 42% of the schoosl make a five round playoff so there is a reward for regular season success.

The NCHSAA painted themselves in a corner with the 64 teams per classification rule.

I can assure you many of the administrators at the NCHSAA over the years (mostly all retired) pointed out the charter problem and they noted those schools along with the magnets (think WS Prep) and Parochials (think Bishop McGuiness) playing 1A sports. The director always made the statement when asked about charters and open enrollment magnets that they were public schools and should be treated no differently. Always felt there was heat from the NC General Assembly or she had a fear there may be which is now a reality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT