ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Heritage vs Reidsville 2a Title Round 4

Expecting a great game and atmosphere. The Cougars will need to repeat the performance of last night and reduce the untimely penalties to make a game of this. I think I heard the Heritage time of possession was around 36 minutes in this game. If we can control the clock in this same manner and finish off drives with points, it will be a great game.

Expecting a great game and atmosphere. The Cougars will need to repeat the performance of last night and reduce the untimely penalties to make a game of this. I think I heard the Heritage time of possession was around 36 minutes in this game. If we can control the clock in this same manner and finish off drives with points, it will be a great game.

Reactions: 97Cougar
You don't need to reduce untimely penalties you better eliminate them!! Reidsville will make you pay for any mistakes. I don't know anything about Mt Heritage so I'm not going to say you have no chance but man o man Reidsville is good!! Good luck to your team if you are in the show you earned your way there. Having seen Reidsville twice this year they just have me convinced.

42-20...... I like Mtn Heritage and they will prob keep it close for a Half but Reidsville is the best team Mtn Heritage will face imo and Reidsville is just a different animal , i believe whoever gets HOT n make the stop will but LINE Play is key here but I believe Mtn Heritage Defense will have slow Reidsville down

Reactions: Maiden Creek
NE received the opening kickoff and kept the ball for almost 8 minutes and scored a TD. Did them no good whatsoever.

Yea winning time of possession vs the rams mean nothing at all. You will have to scored on 4 of 5 drives to stay in the game till the 4th. If you dont have 28 points by the 4th. Your done.

Great thing about football we can guess or predict all we want and some will be right others will be wrong but they still have to play the game. I’m sure both teams will bring their A games and do what got them there.

Anybody know if Harrison is getting any offers? Or rankin and company are getting new offers. I know rankin is already committed though.

The big full back for heritage has a few d2 offers and a pwo from Carolina. From the article I read
Is he better than the Coach's son from a few years back. If they aren't considerably better than that team, you're in trouble! I'm not taking anything away from Mt. Heritage. Great team. Great coach. Great fans and players. Much respect. If we went West vs East, Reidsville would be playing NE in the state championship. Can Reidsville loose? Absolutely! Your defense has to be absolute perfect and you have to score just about every time you touch the ball. Score on Special Teams and win the turnover battle. If you can't... It's over. Just giving my humble honest opinion.

Is he better than the Coach's son from a few years back. If they aren't considerably better than that team, you're in trouble! I'm not taking anything away from Mt. Heritage. Great team. Great coach. Great fans and players. Much respect. If we went West vs East, Reidsville would be playing NE in the state championship. Can Reidsville loose? Absolutely! Your defense has to be absolute perfect and you have to score just about every time you touch the ball. Score on Special Teams and win the turnover battle. If you can't... It's over. Just giving my humble honest opinion.
I’m sure they will do their best.

This will be the last time Heritage can play Reidsville since the Cougars will be going 1A.

Once again my opinion.
1. I think overall Mt. Heritage is better coached than NE
2. I think skill player wise NE is better than MH
3. MH is very disciplined. Very few penalties and don't turn the ball over.
4. Ability to play from behind I give NE the edge. QB is ridiculous!
5. The last two weeks WRH and NE did a pretty good job of limiting Breon's touches, but they haven't shut him down.
6. Other players have stepped up. Peoples, Robinson and Filpin have done a very good job.
7. Everyone is doing everything they can to stop Rankin. The Widerman's, Floyd and Shyrock have played great and no one has stopped Rankin.
8. No one has an answer for Harrison...
I know I'm bias but I'd love for some of the SWO, WRH and NE fans chime in and let them tell you if I'm being boastful or saying anything that's out of line.
I'll eat crow all day if I'm wrong

Yea winning time of possession vs the rams mean nothing at all. You will have to scored on 4 of 5 drives to stay in the game till the 4th. If you dont have 28 points by the 4th. Your done.
You have to play defense; No one is indefensible; I said yesterday's game the first team to 42 point wins, I knew NE would had to outscore them but having seen Mountin Heritage play, I'd say the first not o or if anyone gets to 28 points, they win.

Last edited:
I believe thats true for about anyone in a high profile game wouldn't. They dont have to be perfect, because their opponent wont be perfect. No one plays perfect games against quality opponents. Since you've completely disrespected Mountain Heritage; maybe they'll get the word they have no chance shy of perfection. This is high school football you know.
I've seen Reidsville play a few games this season; their schedule didn't permit anyone to play competitive games that would be worth watching unless you were a Ram's fan, I actually pull for the Rams in their region. I got to meet and know some of their ardent fans. I've seen them play many games over the years. This season ive seen them play 2 pretty decent, not great playoff teams. This 2021 Reidsville team is very very good but Ive seen several Reidsville championship teams and many other dynasty type playoff teams. The Rams may win next Saturday but I wouldn't put them in the category of my last sentence. In the end, they only have to be as good as they have to be

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79 and 97Cougar
Once again my opinion.
1. I think overall Mt. Heritage is better coached than NE
2. I think skill player wise NE is better than MH
3. MH is very disciplined. Very few penalties and don't turn the ball over.
4. Ability to play from behind I give NE the edge. QB is ridiculous!
5. The last two weeks WRH and NE did a pretty good job of limiting Breon's touches, but they haven't shut him down.
6. Other players have stepped up. Peoples, Robinson and Filpin have done a very good job.
7. Everyone is doing everything they can to stop Rankin. The Widerman's, Floyd and Shyrock have played great and no one has stopped Rankin.
8. No one has an answer for Harrison...
I know I'm bias but I'd love for some of the SWO, WRH and NE fans chime in and let them tell you if I'm being boastful or saying anything that's out of line.
I'll eat crow all day if I'm wrong

I agree with you, Mh has the coaching edge and discipline edge, comparing to ne. Coach teague does a good job of seeing how you will play harrison and pass and adjust from that point.

I believe thats true for about anyone in a high profile game wouldn't. They dont have to be perfect, because their opponent wont be perfect. No one plays perfect games against quality opponents. Since you've completely disrespected Mountain Heritage; maybe they'll get the word they have no chance shy of perfection. This is high school football you know.
I've seen Reidsville play a few games this season; their schedule didn't permit anyone to play competitive games that would be worth watching unless you were a Ram's fan, I've seen them play 2 pretty decent, not great playoff teams. This 2021 Reidsville team is very very good but Ive seen several Reidsville championship teams and many other dynasty type playoff teams. The Rams may win next Saturday but I wouldn't put them in the category of my last sentence. In the end, they only have to be as good as they have to be

The schedule wasn't terrible, played 1aa east surry and 4a ragsdale. Can't really help the conference. Then next season we will play a tough schedule.

In the end, they only have to be as good as they have to be
Haven't seen the Rams and don't know much about their scheme. As their records would indicate, they are top notch and I would expect them to have the capacity to be able to put a running clock on the vast majority of teams in the state. However, one thing you can bet the farm on, when the final click of the clock happens Saturday, they will know they have played a very physical, well coached mountain tough team.
Said this on another thread and stand by it 100%, this game Saturday will be a classic David vs. Goliath but we all know that even though the odds are gigantic, Goliath can be overcome.

Haven't seen the Rams and don't know much about their scheme. As their records would indicate, they are top notch and I would expect them to have the capacity to be able to put a running clock on the vast majority of teams in the state. However, one thing you can bet the farm on, when the final click of the clock happens Saturday, they will know they have played a very physical, well coached mountain tough team.
Said this on another thread and stand by it 100%, this game Saturday will be a classic David vs. Goliath but we all know that even though the odds are gigantic, Goliath can be overcome.
I love underdogs!
Mtn. Heritage is as good an underdog as any! Eating the clock is a great neutralizer...if they can do it? Sound special team play is a must!.....and stopping their mule RB from running over the interior! He is a load!..stubborn too!
I guess the cougars are prepped for it by tackling their own mule RB in practice.

I don’t have any suggestions on how to overcome Reidsville’s speed though! It’s everywhere.... on both sides of the ball!
FAST! Brother!

Every time we play Reidsville fans give us no chance. Last 2 times we played the rams it's been dog fight. Like I said Heritage is very physical, rams will be shock after few licks.

Reactions: f-ball-ace
I don’t really know if Mountain Heritage has a chance or not but you Reidsville guys need to be humbled. Arrogance is an understatement. It’s true y’all didn’t give them a chance the last 2 times and they could have and maybe should have beaten you. I sure hope Heritage can serve y’all some humble pie. One thing is for sure Joey Robinson will be the best coach on the field. He just may not have the Jimmy’s and Joes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT