ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Heritage vs Reidsville 2a Title Round 4

Not disrespect. He is a great coach with a lot of state titles but with the talent he has head to head with Joey Robinson and his lack there of is all the info you need. If Joey can almost beat you or maybe even beat you with inferior athletes speaks volumes of who the better coach of the 2 is. Like I said before if Joey had player for player what Reidsville has he would beat Teague with them. It’s not so much a slight to Teague as it is praise for Joey and many like him who don’t get the praise because of where they coach and with whom they coach

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I believe all the coaches mentioned in this thread have done a tremendous job in their programs. If the high school name is common deep in the playoff run year in and year out, that’s all you can ask for in a Coach. Reidsville with the trophy cases full, is definitely proof in the pudding that their philosophy and coaching has been a huge success. Northeastern and Mountain Heritage have become common in the past few years in the 2A playoffs and that also shows the leadership from the coaching staff. What all of these coaches do in developing young men off the field is what normally goes unnoticed. Most of us only hear about the things at our own schools but I believe most all high school coaches that truly cherish the job, have went above and beyond in many instances. As for Joey Robinson at Mountain Heritage, we are so very blessed to have him leading our sons on the field/court and daughters from the AD position. Sometimes it’s easy to speak these words when you are having repetitive successful seasons, but I have been there to witness it through thick and thin, having my oldest son and youngest graduating this year being 16 years apart in age. I’ve seen him during the times that wins were far and few between for a few years and I’ve seen him winning multiple conference titles, deep playoff runs and a trip in 2009 Championship game. One thing I can promise is that his leadership, love and respect for all 3 of my sons, and all his players has never changed. We all should be proud of our coaches who lead by example and I’m sure all discussed in this thread do.

As the old saying goes...If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas. Essentially what you're saying Saban and Belichick only win because of their players or anyone could win at Reidsville? As 98Champion from Shelby is happy to point out, before Coach Teague came to Reidsville it had been awhile since Reidsville won a state title. A good team yes but not the caliber of teams since he arrived. He has 7 Titles over the last 20 years. Through those years, if you look back at the rosters, you won't see a long list of D1 4 and 5⭐ . You don't see 6'5" 300 lb linemen. We haven't had 6'3 265 edge rushers. Jerome Simpson and Na Brown were coached by Teague and went to the NFL. For the most part we're under sized compared to a lot of schools.
You don't win nearly 400 games by just rolling up on Friday nights with the best athletes. Coach Teague will walk into the HOF one day but it won't be just because of the players he had but the way he coached up the talent he's had.
I'm not taking anything away from Coach Robinson. I've met him and I've been very impressed with the way he runs his program and what he does.

Good luck to both programs.

There’s some folks on the 1A board that truly believe Reidsville is a benefit of talent and not coaching. Believe some Owen and Robbinsville fans were saying anyone could win with Reidsville’s talent, or something like that. Lol.

You have to play defense; No one is indefensible; I said yesterday's game the first team to 42 point wins, I knew NE would had to outscore them but having seen Mountin Heritage play, I'd say the first not o or if anyone gets to 28 points, they win.
The fewest points Reidsville has scored in any game this year is 42.

Reactions: Rammer16
I believe all the coaches mentioned in this thread have done a tremendous job in their programs. If the high school name is common deep in the playoff run year in and year out, that’s all you can ask for in a Coach. Reidsville with the trophy cases full, is definitely proof in the pudding that their philosophy and coaching has been a huge success. Northeastern and Mountain Heritage have become common in the past few years in the 2A playoffs and that also shows the leadership from the coaching staff. What all of these coaches do in developing young men off the field is what normally goes unnoticed. Most of us only hear about the things at our own schools but I believe most all high school coaches that truly cherish the job, have went above and beyond in many instances. As for Joey Robinson at Mountain Heritage, we are so very blessed to have him leading our sons on the field/court and daughters from the AD position. Sometimes it’s easy to speak these words when you are having repetitive successful seasons, but I have been there to witness it through thick and thin, having my oldest son and youngest graduating this year being 16 years apart in age. I’ve seen him during the times that wins were far and few between for a few years and I’ve seen him winning multiple conference titles, deep playoff runs and a trip in 2009 Championship game. One thing I can promise is that his leadership, love and respect for all 3 of my sons, and all his players has never changed. We all should be proud of our coaches who lead by example and I’m sure all discussed in this thread do.
Couldn’t have said it better. He is a good example and leader for ALL the students. My daughter hurt her knee during basketball season, took her to get it checked out and got two calls before she had even got back asking how she was. The first was her basketball coach, the 2nd was coach Robinson. He wasn’t calling about a football player or one of his Jv basketball players. He was calling about a varsity girls basketball player. He cares about all the kids at MH and we are very lucky to have him at our school.

I never said Teague was a bad coach. In fact I have said he is great coach. I just think Joey could have all that hardware too if he had the talent year in and out.

I remember when WRH was winning championships and the only thing people would/ could trash us for is being cocky and arrogant. I like to think we were that good and knew it. That being said there is no reason to think Reidsville want get another ship. Best team I've seen except Havelock. Rams could play with them to. WRH could match the Rams speed but couldn't power. Don't think MH will be in the game at the end. MH will match them is strength but the Rams speed is overwhelming better.

The narrative you guys keep pushing is that the 17 and 18 games most people thought would be blowouts. I don’t remember that being the case. This team is better than those teams though.
Yea no reidsville fan said 17 and 18 would be blowouts. The opposite was said. Now in 16 people said blowout which it was. This year we are better. Idk what to expect from MH though

Great coaches work with what they have and get the best out of what they have. MH Coach runs an offense and defense that fits the kind of Players he has. Same goes for Reidsville Coach. MH offense may not be built around lighting fast Athletes, but the kind of offense they run (straight down your throat) can cause problems for Reidsville if they don’t wrap up an allow MH to eat the clock up. I remember one year Reidsville offense didn’t touch the field until 2nd Qtr. If MH can’t contain Reidsville receivers and stop that bull with The agility of a rabbit they call a Runningback it’s going to be a long day for MH.

Y’all did say that Heritage had no chance in 17 and 18. Y’all said we heard all that last year etc. y’all have selective amnesia. We all said Trey(Joey Robinson’s son) was a different animal etc. after the game y’all came back on here saying y’all were wrong etc.

Reactions: 97Cougar
Rams are too fast and will light it up this week to win another title. Both coaches and staffs are excellent, but to compare them is insane. RHS Rams win because they have a man with twice the experience as most coaches he would ever face, great athletes and a system that wins championships. Hats off to Robinson and his achievements but he is far from HOF numbers and titles like Teague. In some cases, speed kills and this week it will.

Y’all did say that Heritage had no chance in 17 and 18. Y’all said we heard all that last year etc. y’all have selective amnesia. We all said Trey(Joey Robinson’s son) was a different animal etc. after the game y’all came back on here saying y’all were wrong etc.

Heritage was better than I thought in 17. But I knew it would be a much better game then 2016. Heritage is a very tough hard nosed team that will not back down. Reidsville fans know what to expect. I actually thought heritage had a chance to win in 2018, before the game. I think the 2019 game if they would have played would have been a blowout, IMO.

Heritage was better than I thought in 17. But I knew it would be a much better game then 2016. Heritage is a very tough hard nosed team that will not back down. Reidsville fans know what to expect. I actually thought heritage had a chance to win in 2018, before the game. I think the 2019 game if they would have played would have been a blowout, IMO.
All those Heritage teams had one thing in common they went into that game believing they were gonna win. And if you ask them today they will tell you if we had done this or that better we could have won. That’s the great thing about football. Any given day anyone can be beat. Hope we have a great injury free game Saturday. I’m sure both teams will come in knowing they have a good shot to win if they do what they do better than the other team. Good luck to all the players and coaches involved.

All those Heritage teams had one thing in common they went into that game believing they were gonna win. And if you ask them today they will tell you if we had done this or that better we could have won. That’s the great thing about football. Any given day anyone can be beat. Hope we have a great injury free game Saturday. I’m sure both teams will come in knowing they have a good shot to win if they do what they do better than the other team. Good luck to all the players and coaches involved.
Well said. MH has given Reidsville battles in two of the last 3 meetings. MH should not be taken lightly, IMO. At this point in the playoffs, all teams still standing are worthy and deserve their opponents' respect. I want these Rams to stay humble and hungry and leave it all on the field on Saturday. I know Coach Teague will have them dialed in.

Coach Jimmy Teague:
353-108 all time, including 312-55 at Reidsville (26 seasons). 71-17 playoff record at Reidsville.

Main reason for the success: He doesn't underestimate anyone and prepares for all.

Other reasons that he is first to admit:
• Great players (many of them overachievers due to size limitations)
• Sustained, dedicated coaching staff
• Great feeder program
• Reidsville tradition second to none

I don’t really know if Mountain Heritage has a chance or not but you Reidsville guys need to be humbled. Arrogance is an understatement. It’s true y’all didn’t give them a chance the last 2 times and they could have and maybe should have beaten you. I sure hope Heritage can serve y’all some humble pie. One thing is for sure Joey Robinson will be the best coach on the field. He just may not have the Jimmy’s and Joes
Well, it is obvious that your ability to evaluate coaches is lacking. Coach Robinson has great ability and has been consistently good at MH, but Jimmy Teague has to be in the argument as one of N.C. football’s greatest coaches of all time. Wins. Championships. Innovation. Class. Look well to the latter.

Sometimes the talent level at schools is because young men are motivated at a young age to work hard to become part of a really successful program, especially is a smaller, tighter community. On the same token when they become part of a program they're less likely to succumb to the temptations that plague our young people.
Rammer16 you hit the nail on the head. Although Heritage does not have the championships the Reidsville has by no means. It was the run to the championship in 2009 that really started the younger kids to working harder to play at the HS level. This has allowed us to field a competitive team pretty much every year since then. I can only imagine what it has done for your feeder schools in your program. The kids are motivated early and hopefully sports keeps the young minds occupied and great mentors coaching them set them up for success in life.

Man I got you folks panties all twisted LOL!! Teague also took over a great program. Joey Robinson took over a program that was a cellar dweller. He made the program what it is. No doubt Teague is great and he does it against teams in the same area with likely other teams with the same kind of kids. My whole point is, when you look at the rosters for both teams, take the last 2 meetings between Reidsville and Heritage, the fact that Joey gave them all they wanted is telling. On paper they shouldn’t have been in the games with y’all but could have won. That tells me in order to close the talent/speed gap to be a 1 score game is that Joey out coached Teague and got more out of his talent than Teague got out of his. Also that game plans set forth by Robinson were almost perfect

It really doesn’t matter what I say or think but all this seems to go right over your heads. I hope you are humbled Saturday but if not I won’t lose any sleep because I have no dog in the fight. I just pull for the mountains especially the WHC. Go Cougars!!

So Teague was 41-53 before taking over at Reidsville but talent has nothing to do with his success?

Does MH have a better team than last year? The Wildcats beat them in the playoffs last year before getting blown out in Reidsville.

Also the all time record is a bit inflated when you consider the strength of schedule especially the last probably 10 years. No doubt he is great and accomplished a lot and despite the horrible schedule he has still won titles but it sure doesn’t hurt to play at home all playoffs every year which is aided by the cream puff schedule

King, I am actually surprised that Heritage made it this far but Joey squeezes everything out of his kids. He is a magician. That’s why I am so high on him

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I lived near Reidsville for 5 years and was able to watch them play multiple times.. I also had a lot of coworkers who played at rival schools like Rockingham, Eden Morehead, etc.

There was a lot of disdain for Reidsville for people who didn't go to school there. I don't know if it's because of their sustained excellence or something else but a lot of people hated them. I also had Reidsville fans taunt me and my dad walking out after they beat Heritage.

Reactions: 97Cougar and owen98
For players like Pass playing this year instead of sitting says a lot about Reidsville players. Our local school will be in conference with Reidsville this next year and everyone in this area has respect for that program and coach.

Man I got you folks panties all twisted LOL!! Teague also took over a great program. Joey Robinson took over a program that was a cellar dweller. He made the program what it is. No doubt Teague is great and he does it against teams in the same area with likely other teams with the same kind of kids. My whole point is, when you look at the rosters for both teams, take the last 2 meetings between Reidsville and Heritage, the fact that Joey gave them all they wanted is telling. On paper they shouldn’t have been in the games with y’all but could have won. That tells me in order to close the talent/speed gap to be a 1 score game is that Joey out coached Teague and got more out of his talent than Teague got out of his. Also that game plans set forth by Robinson were almost perfect

The 2018 reidsville team was mostly sophomores. Many reidsville people thought a championship wasn’t in the equation that year.

For players like Pass playing this year instead of sitting says a lot about Reidsville players. Our local school will be in conference with Reidsville this next year and everyone in this area has respect for that program and coach.
That's funny it's the complete opposite of what people thought about them when I lived up there.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Living in a delusional world can have its advantages. That way you can always believe what you think is always true even if no one else believes it.

I feel like MH will have a game plan and will stick to it. If Heritage can come out and get momentum early you never know. They better have a back that can get 4 yards every time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT