ADVERTISEMENT

Mt. Heritage vs Reidsville Rd 3 x3

FBCapitolofNC

Nov 4, 2013
This is setting up at what I originally thought would be Rd 4 for second year in a row. This will be 3rd year in a row for the fine folks of Mt Herritage coming off the mountain to visit Reidsville. I think all Reidsville fans will admit this will once again prove to be a great team to face in the 3rd round. I've seen several Mt Herritage fans post this year's team might be better balanced than last year.

I will say the Rams are as good as last year. The o line has really stepped up. The running game is outstanding. Reidsville D is well... Reidsville D. Thoughts?

Reactions: Rammer16 and 1SWO1
The Heritage team has had a more balanced attack this year. Of course the running attack put up over 600 yards last night at Hendo and may have crossed 700 except for a sorry sideline interference call for someone stepping on the field about 30 yards behind the runner on a 75 yard TD sprint. Defense was probably faster last year but the linebackers have been playing smart and keeping their gap assignments well. Secondary has been getting turnovers about every game. Look for another great game. Can’t make a call on the score this early in the week.

Man who are Reidsville potential opponents in The regional final? We all know ain't no team from the mountains beating Reidsville...

Well think we will show up and give it a shot anyways. I believe we will be a worthy opponent and possibly your best competition this season.

Reactions: beamer24
Well I’m pretty sure that last year those words were stuck about half way down your throat for most of that game. Hopefully this year they get even tougher to swallow. Would love to host the Rams in Burnsville for 1 of these matchups but it seems your weak strength of schedule is always better than our weak strength of schedule. I’m sure both teams are preparing for their toughest matchup of the year.

Reactions: daagoob
Well I’m pretty sure that last year those words were stuck about half way down your throat for most of that game. Hopefully this year they get even tougher to swallow. Would love to host the Rams in Burnsville for 1 of these matchups but it seems your weak strength of schedule is always better than our weak strength of schedule. I’m sure both teams are preparing for their toughest matchup of the year.
Lol. Good post, but you can forget about them ever having to travel, though. Great luxury they have.

They are pretty good hosts and most of their posters pretty respectful of the Heritage program but they would love the 1/4 mile hike down into the Pit with the view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Need to experience why all the mountain players have 1 leg shorter than the other. :D

Reactions: daagoob
We all respect MH and Shelby But as for a weak schedule, from looking at your schedules, nobody plays enough tough teams to write home about. Your bottom feeders are just as bad as ours.

Recent history:
2017 - Reidsville 27, Mountain Heritage 20 (fourth round/regional final)
2016 - Reidsville 45, Mountain Heritage 16 (2nd round)

We all respect MH and Shelby But as for a weak schedule, from looking at your schedules, nobody plays enough tough teams to write home about. Your bottom feeders are just as bad as ours.
Kings Mountain and AC Reynolds are dominating, though. South Point lost a tough one last night vs the defending state 2AA Champions. Our schedule is really like that, bro. I’m not saying this out of conceit, but it’s tough. Our arch rival Crest would easily beat most 2A schools. We lose to any of those teams in a given season, especially how this current system works, we’re assured a low seed. Your conference mate, Cummings, was a freakin’ 6 seed, look what happened to them last night. The bottom feeders in our conference are bad though, no doubt.

Last edited:
Reactions: freshdl3
And nc preps robbed our QB last year, no way Mt heritage QB should make all state over Titus jones...

All I'm saying is we change our rosters every year just as every other team. Our feeder program is great!!! It's not our fault that other teams do not put it the effort to be successful. It's not our fault that other school systems have drawn new lines to kill off the athletic portion of their school zones. When games are scheduled we can't predict that teams have not gotten better. We are playing 4a from Greensboro and Winston. 3a from virginia with little respect. We have no choice but to go deep into the Playoffs just to show the doubters that we actually play a little football here and play well enough to win against most.

Reactions: Heritage 84
We won’t travel the next 2 years either unless it’s somehow Shelby
Could have traveled this year if Randleman hadn't been upset because MaxPreps adjusted rankings had Randleman ranked No. 4 and Reidsville No. 9. (Same ranking had Pisgah No. 1) ? ... Seems there needs to an adjustment to the adjusted ranking formula.

Reactions: Rammer16
i would love to see the rams get some fan support. we have to worst home attendance. home side is barely half full.community talks all about the love it has for reidsville football but few show up on friday night. ER had more fans last night than we did. i know regular season games are over by halftime but again we can't help that. cherish these times of a great program because it doesn't last forever. the players and coaches notice this. let's face it, our attendance is awful and embarrassing.

i would love to see the rams get some fan support. we have to worst home attendance. home side is barely half full.community talks all about the love it has for reidsville football but few show up on friday night. ER had more fans last night than we did. i know regular season games are over by halftime but again we can't help that. cherish these times of a great program because it doesn't last forever. the players and coaches notice this. let's face it, our attendance is awful and embarrassing.

I agree. I thought this game would be packed. May have to do another pack the stands campaign

Well you lost all of the middle school players due to the last regular season game being their last free game. I didn't see any of them last night nor their parents whom normally pay for their adult ticket. Also those parents normally buy from the concession stand for little brothers and sisters that had to pay to get in. Sounds like a good trade off for 1 free ticket.

Have not heard the totals from last night but heard Heritage made a whopping $88 Proffit off the first round game with PG, after PG was paid and the state. Hard to support the system when only about 20-30 fans show up for the opponent. Hendersonville did have a few more fans this game than the last

I believe rams had way more fans than ER but still not enough support. But being black Friday attendance usually down . Expect way more and a packed house next week

people are spoiled by success and people won't tolerate any inconvenience...like cold weather....people around here used to live and die for friday nite.....now it's just us few old timers, parents and a smidgen students ....it won't change....I challenge the school and community to show up this friday nite.....won't happen....weather is supposed to be in 20's next friday nite..........(oooh....might be a little chilly...let's stay home "George")

Need to get anyone on Facebook to put out the word to support this team. It really does motivate the players. If they weren't already. Just look at the miracle in the mud. It's worth the ticket.

I have said this time and time again until Reidsville gets a student discount or allows kids to hang out at the game the gate will suffer. $8 per is a lot for family of 4 plus concessions. Majority of students don’t care about watching football but majority of students do enjoy hanging out with friends. If you play football in Reidsville regardless of level you should be able to get in free. May be different rules for playoffs but something has to be done. I still question why Reidsville games cost $7 during regular season while every other game I attend is $6? Who sets that price?

With all that said I will be attending as usual Go Rams!!

reidsville students do get a discount if they purchase a ram pass. For $20 they get into ALL SPORT REGULAR SEASON games for like $2-$3 & it comes with a free t-shirt. They can’t get into play off games for discount due to certain rules

Could have traveled this year if Randleman hadn't been upset because MaxPreps adjusted rankings had Randleman ranked No. 4 and Reidsville No. 9. (Same ranking had Pisgah No. 1) ? ... Seems there needs to an adjustment to the adjusted ranking formula.
Or an adjustment to THOSE making the rankings formula:(:(:(

Reactions: Heritage 84

NO, ER did not have more fans than Reidsville. Not even close.

I counted less than 200 ER fans. About half the home stands were full and the home stands seat more than 3,000.

Now, if you want to talk about poor attendance, I was in Chapel Hill today and I doubt there was more than 3,000 to 4,000 in the stands. And maybe 1,500 were wearing red.

200 is more than Hendersonville brought to Heritage and they are only about an hour and fifteen away.

This is going to be a much better game than most people think I personally know how good a team Reidsville has but if you keep giving yourself a chance you will sooner or later break thru and get a win Reidsville is a tough matchup for the Cougars but I believe we are up for the challenge win or lose our team will give our all if it's good enough to get the win we will find out Friday night

Im RHS all the way, and TJ was great, but the Mt Heritage QB was very deserving of the reward.
people are spoiled by success and people won't tolerate any inconvenience...like cold weather....people around here used to live and die for friday nite.....now it's just us few old timers, parents and a smidgen students ....it won't change....I challenge the school and community to show up this friday nite.....won't happen....weather is supposed to be in 20's next friday nite..........(oooh....might be a little chilly...let's stay home "George")
the economic times are tough in Reidsville, families can't afford to spend 35 plus dollars every Friday night for high school football..Reidsville plays at least 7 home games a year including playoffs..some people just have to pick and choose which games to attend

I like the rams playing mount heritage. Heritage probably should have won last year. They have show cased great sportsmanship last 2 years and I expect the same Friday night.

And as far as tickets go the state won't hurt from what they don't know. Just allow certain age groups in free. Or however you need to do it to pack the stands for these big games. Enjoy the rams while we last. May not last forever. They need our support.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT