ADVERTISEMENT

Hibriten 19 Shelby 7

My friend there is a difference between salty and honesty.

Your facilities suck. If the GAME clock didn't work an entire half at Shelby I'd be unbelievably embarrassed in any game but the Western Finals championship game that is unacceptable. And if the visiting fans had to sit on whatever those tiny concrete slabs are called I'd be very embarrassed.

I big congrats to the football team. Bring it back to the west.

Lol
It’s been said over and over that the visitor bleachers where small. Most of HHS loyal fans stand around track as did a lot of Shelby fans. I had a Shelby fan sit in front of me and he talked about how beautiful the place was.

Congrats to both teams! To the Shelby fans, what an awesome run. I'm sure it stings now but this is something you will be able to talk about for the rest of your life. Your program is the envy of the entire state. The Golden Lions set the standard! To the Hibriten fans, 1 More to go. Rep the West with class & bring home the State Championship!!!

Damn near choked me up, this heartfelt outro from the quarterback. So grateful for our coaches, city, and Shelby High School. Congrats to Hibriten, especially Beamer24, a humble, very likable poster.

Congrats on a great season LA! Thanks for the fun this season and you all have nothing to hang your head about. Your QB and few of your key players were playing hurt and still got this far. Your seniors have multiple rings and alot of the lower classmen have at least 1. You're still winners.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Congrats to Hibriten. They were a class act. Also didn't realize they were so young....you guys seem poised for a back to back!

Witherspoon is one of the fastest backs we have ever seen....and we've seen a lot of running backs.

I never like to bring officiating into a post game breakdown but some of the calls tonight were tough. When we took the ball away from the Hibriten running back and were running wide open down the field and a whistle gets blown saying he was down while he never even hit the ground...that was hard to believe. We'll have to watch the game tape on that one. According to the Shelby defensive players and coaching staff that call was awful and it should have been our ball and had the play not been blown dead, 6 points for us. The chop block penalty on the two killed us as well but according to our coaching staff it was a legitimate call. Our receivers dropped wide open passes and we couldn't execute like we know how to. Our kicker missed two FGs (albeit one was tipped) which doesn't happen. DaDa gets caught from behind streaking down the field because he has a banged up wheel. Hibriten is a fantastic team. We've said all year that the only 2A team that can beat Shelby is Shelby. Mistake free ball tonight is what we needed and we unfortunately didn't do that. Again congrats to Hibriten and bring it back to the west!!

Only real complaint we have and this really has nothing to do with the game itself is that Hibriten's facilities are quite pathetic. To be a high school in 2017, be hosting a Western Finals championship game and have the game clock go out on the scoreboard just as the game starts is pathetic. An entire half with no game clock. Also to not have playclocks is a head scratcher. We recommend you take the "kept" half of the $10,000 half and half and work on those as well as the crummy visitor's bleachers. We can understand why some of your fans are embarrassed by the facilities. End of rant.

Best of luck to Hibriten.

We've never said we win them all....we just win more than anyone else.

Just to let you know you ignorant human being....that 5,000 went to a 15 year old boys family that lost his life in a terrible accident earlier this week. You need to learn some respect! Oh wait, guess you did on your ride home! Well at least you should have. Take your whooping like a man stop crying like a %\£:$ ! Totally got out played period. If it wasnt for 1 missed tackle, they would have been a goose egg on your side of the scoreboard, of which im so sure that was on purpose too. So bad we didnt throw out the red carpet for you. Won 4 in a row and cant lose with class! Pathedic!

This is a year where I have seen all four of the state title teams play and have got to say this is the most even championship games that we will probably ever see...track meet in little 2a and superb o-line play in big 2a...I am originally a Newton Conover alum but moved and have been following WRH....little heads up for Hibriten,the line for E Duplin are all big and pull to their left alot...I'll be pulling for WRH in little 2a since I have made some good friends there but behind you Hibriten all the way...good luck next weekend and enjoy your first Championship....

Reactions: beamer24
Just to let you know you ignorant human being....that 5,000 went to a 15 year old boys family that lost his life in a terrible accident earlier this week. You need to learn some respect! Oh wait, guess you did on your ride home! Well at least you should have. Take your whooping like a man stop crying like a %\£:$ ! Totally got out played period. If it wasnt for 1 missed tackle, they would have been a goose egg on your side of the scoreboard, of which im so sure that was on purpose too. So bad we didnt throw out the red carpet for you. Won 4 in a row and cant lose with class! Pathedic!

pathetic

4025_250.gif

Congrats to Hibriten. They were a class act. Also didn't realize they were so young....you guys seem poised for a back to back!

Witherspoon is one of the fastest backs we have ever seen....and we've seen a lot of running backs.

I never like to bring officiating into a post game breakdown but some of the calls tonight were tough. When we took the ball away from the Hibriten running back and were running wide open down the field and a whistle gets blown saying he was down while he never even hit the ground...that was hard to believe. We'll have to watch the game tape on that one. According to the Shelby defensive players and coaching staff that call was awful and it should have been our ball and had the play not been blown dead, 6 points for us. The chop block penalty on the two killed us as well but according to our coaching staff it was a legitimate call. Our receivers dropped wide open passes and we couldn't execute like we know how to. Our kicker missed two FGs (albeit one was tipped) which doesn't happen. DaDa gets caught from behind streaking down the field because he has a banged up wheel. Hibriten is a fantastic team. We've said all year that the only 2A team that can beat Shelby is Shelby. Mistake free ball tonight is what we needed and we unfortunately didn't do that. Again congrats to Hibriten and bring it back to the west!!

Only real complaint we have and this really has nothing to do with the game itself is that Hibriten's facilities are quite pathetic. To be a high school in 2017, be hosting a Western Finals championship game and have the game clock go out on the scoreboard just as the game starts is pathetic. An entire half with no game clock. Also to not have playclocks is a head scratcher. We recommend you take the "kept" half of the $10,000 half and half and work on those as well as the crummy visitor's bleachers. We can understand why some of your fans are embarrassed by the facilities. End of rant.

Best of luck to Hibriten.

We've never said we win them all....we just win more than anyone else.

My first Hibriten game ever was back in 09, when Tuscola came down in the 3rd round. Folks complained about those visitor bleachers. Butler 2010 those .... bleachers. Year after year those what, .... bleachers. It’s 2017 and it’s still those ....bleachers!
That Chick- fil- A scoreboard has had it and has had it for years now. It’s time for a upgrade.

To the game, My hat is off to Shelby. 4th time seeing the Lions play this year, all South Point/South Pointe games. Great run and just about made it back. Left it all on the field. Malik Surratt, playing on a bad wheel was money, the drops hurt. Outstanding Senior group.

What a run this was.Just to give everybody some idea how long it has been since we lost a playoff game,Kennedy Meeks committed to the Tar Heels the night we lost to Madison County.But all good things must come to a end and what a great group of seniors we had this year to go out with.Hibriten you played a great game tonight and best of luck next Saturday in Chapel Hill.

Lol
It’s been said over and over that the visitor bleachers where small. Most of HHS loyal fans stand around track as did a lot of Shelby fans. I had a Shelby fan sit in front of me and he talked about how beautiful the place was.

Congrats on your team's victory. I know you guys take heat about the bleachers,but the hospitality and beauty of your stadium will rival any school I have visited over the years and that will include Shelby. I hope you guys win the State Championship.

The real thing to consider here is not the scoreboard, bleachers, refs, cold cheese on nachos, or hot pepsi. Its the fact that Hibriten is the better team and was not intimidated at all by Shelby.

I love Shelby football, but they ran into a buzz saw Friday night in Lenoir.

Shelby is a great team they were pretty beat up last week leaving tiger stadium. Butual schedule !!! Congrats Panthers

My thoughts coming into game. Involved in 2 brutal games coming into last night. Body language. Guys were running on E, still giving all they had. QB was throwing dimes to no avail.

Reactions: Berrysauce2
Heard Hibriten lost one for championship game and basketball season will be cut due to surgery/ rehab

It was a great regional game......when the losing team has the ball at midfield with 3 mins to go down by only 6 its not a whooping, its not a buzzsaw, it's not a "better" team. It's a great regional game between two pretty evenly matched teams. Any fan in attendance knows that game could have swung either way. Catch a couple balls, take away some costly ref errors and Sheltown walks away with a win.

Just tired if people not understand what a "whooping" is.

It was a great regional game......when the losing team has the ball at midfield with 3 mins to go down by only 6 its not a whooping, its not a buzzsaw, it's not a "better" team. It's a great regional game between two pretty evenly matched teams. Any fan in attendance knows that game could have swung either way. Catch a couple balls, take away some costly ref errors and Sheltown walks away with a win.

Just tired if people not understand what a "whooping" is.

100%

Reactions: Berrysauce2
Play it down however you like,,,, no one said it wasnt two great teams!! What was said is that Shelby ran into a buzz saw, and they did. You guys do understand that Shelby lost by 2 scores??

For everyone still confused, Shelby lost. Hibriten won, and Shelby lost. The best team in western 2 A this year is Hibriten, not Shelby.

A buzzsaw runs non stop, kinda like Hibriten did last night!

Maybe you think Shelby ran into a butter knife, but I saw a buzz saw

Hey Pats

Who did Freedom have last night ? ;)

SHUT UP lol

With that nonsense aside good luck Panthers ! And congrats again you did something last night no one has done in years ! You beat Shelby in the playoffs !!

Make it count fellas make it count!!’ Pulling for y’all to win it all now
We had Shelby last night.... we were all behind the Panthers

2cents, you missed this game by 26 pts, and the wrong winner. Dude, go Christmas shopping or something, and come back next year.....

Tell us again about that loss Freedom had against Shelby. Didn't Freedom even lose to West Caldwell this year? lol, a team Gregg is embarrassed to talk about.

Again, good to see you could find a team to do what your boys couldn't do. Congrats!

Reactions: 72 State Champion
Tell us again about that loss Freedom had against Shelby. Didn't Freedom even lose to West Caldwell this year? lol, a team Gregg is embarrassed to talk about.

Again, good to see you could find a team to do what your boys couldn't do. Congrats!
Santa Claus, jingle bells, shopping malls. Eggnog, stockings.

Santa Claus, jingle bells, shopping malls. Eggnog, stockings.

Jock sniffing
Lap dog laying
Bandwagon rider

Didn’t figure you as a lap dog but Beamer and them don’t need ya brother ... it’s ok to pull for Freedom they usually suck but they need all the fans they can get so keep on keeping on and don’t give up on them for a winning team! Stay strong maybe ole Jimmy John jack bob Bryant can help them get past round two one of these years
LOL
;)

Serious question, and this isn't meant as an insult, but has Freedom ever won a football state title?

I understand your frustration. Its tough knowing you are 3rd place, at best. I get it. It will be ok in a few days. Go to the gym, catch a bball game, wstch a college football game. These things will help with the soreness

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT