ADVERTISEMENT

Hibriten 19 Shelby 7

Shelby Lion

Oct 3, 2002
Dirty Ankle, NC
After four straight state championships and 23 straight playoff victories a team has finally knocked the Golden Lions out ....

While I hate it for the Golden Lions what a run it has been,.... .Knew it would end sometime....

Happy for Beamer and a couple of those Hibriten fans, always class acts

Good luck against whomever comes out of the east
What a run it has been....

Great ball game go get you a championship Panthers

Congratulations to Hibriten. I thought Shelby would win this one but it sounds like Hibriten's defense stood tall when it mattered.

Like I said I would, I tip my hat to Hibriten. Should be a very interesting state championship game.

Feel bad for Shelby Lion, 65 Lion and some other proud Golden Lions fans who I work with.

Four consecutive titles and twenty three consecutive playoff wins. That’s probably not going to be done by a team from this area, again , during my lifetime.

As for Shelby I’d guess the drive for another title starts soon.

A big congratulations to Hibriten and all the best, next week.

Congrats to Hibriten, they did what they had to do.
Still belive some bad calls, but we still misssed 2 fg, and didnt finish whst we needed. Good luck rest of way.
To my Lions, we stumble but never fall, alot of talent back,

I agree Mr Attack please tell Malik that he is a great great man ( his post was AWSOME ) the man played on 1 leg and never let up and his attitude on the feild was outstanding ( yea I watch him a lot tonight ) and to the Shelby/Hibriten players the sportsmanship was OUTSTANDING tonight BEST I EVER SAW PERIOD

I agree Mr Attack please tell Malik that he is a great great man ( his post was AWSOME ) the man played on 1 leg and never let up and his attitude on the feild was outstanding ( yea I watch him a lot tonight ) and to the Shelby/Hibriten players the sportsmanship was OUTSTANDING tonight BEST I EVER SAW PERIOD
Lol @ Mr. Attack, man, I needed that laugh.

Shelby Fans- give us your thoughts on our chances next Sat- doesn’t seem like Duplin is your typical eastern team

I think teams like Shelby South Point and the like understand that the battle is on the field and about winning a game with talent and sportsmanship- this is instilled by the coaches and it separates the champions from the pretenders. I’m proud to be a panther and even more proud we beat a team that wins and loses with class.

Guys I go back to watching our students tear down the goal post bc we won our first game in 3 years. What Chuck Cannon started and Clay Lewis has continued is amazing. Some of you “kids” will just never know how bad it actually was.
Wow I would not have thought it was that bad :eek: to see them guys play last 2 years I would have thought that playing late year rounds were the norm around Lenoir ;)

Congrats to Hibriten. They were a class act. Also didn't realize they were so young....you guys seem poised for a back to back!

Witherspoon is one of the fastest backs we have ever seen....and we've seen a lot of running backs.

I never like to bring officiating into a post game breakdown but some of the calls tonight were tough. When we took the ball away from the Hibriten running back and were running wide open down the field and a whistle gets blown saying he was down while he never even hit the ground...that was hard to believe. We'll have to watch the game tape on that one. According to the Shelby defensive players and coaching staff that call was awful and it should have been our ball and had the play not been blown dead, 6 points for us. The chop block penalty on the two killed us as well but according to our coaching staff it was a legitimate call. Our receivers dropped wide open passes and we couldn't execute like we know how to. Our kicker missed two FGs (albeit one was tipped) which doesn't happen. DaDa gets caught from behind streaking down the field because he has a banged up wheel. Hibriten is a fantastic team. We've said all year that the only 2A team that can beat Shelby is Shelby. Mistake free ball tonight is what we needed and we unfortunately didn't do that. Again congrats to Hibriten and bring it back to the west!!

Only real complaint we have and this really has nothing to do with the game itself is that Hibriten's facilities are quite pathetic. To be a high school in 2017, be hosting a Western Finals championship game and have the game clock go out on the scoreboard just as the game starts is pathetic. An entire half with no game clock. Also to not have playclocks is a head scratcher. We recommend you take the "kept" half of the $10,000 half and half and work on those as well as the crummy visitor's bleachers. We can understand why some of your fans are embarrassed by the facilities. End of rant.

Best of luck to Hibriten.

We've never said we win them all....we just win more than anyone else.

Congrats to Hibriten. They were a class act. Also didn't realize they were so young....you guys seem poised for a back to back!

Witherspoon is one of the fastest backs we have ever seen....and we've seen a lot of running backs.

I never like to bring officiating into a post game breakdown but some of the calls tonight were tough. When we took the ball away from the Hibriten running back and were running wide open down the field and a whistle gets blown saying he was down while he never even hit the ground...that was hard to believe. We'll have to watch the game tape on that one. According to the Shelby defensive players and coaching staff that call was awful and it should have been our ball and had the play not been blown dead, 6 points for us. The chop block penalty on the two killed us as well but according to our coaching staff it was a legitimate call. Our receivers dropped wide open passes and we couldn't execute like we know how to. Our kicker missed two FGs (albeit one was tipped) which doesn't happen. DaDa gets caught from behind streaking down the field because he has a banged up wheel. Hibriten is a fantastic team. We've said all year that the only 2A team that can beat Shelby is Shelby. Mistake free ball tonight is what we needed and we unfortunately didn't do that. Again congrats to Hibriten and bring it back to the west!!

Only real complaint we have and this really has nothing to do with the game itself is that Hibriten's facilities are quite pathetic. To be a high school in 2017, be hosting a Western Finals championship game and have the game clock go out on the scoreboard just as the game starts is pathetic. An entire half with no game clock. Also to not have playclocks is a head scratcher. We recommend you take the "kept" half of the $10,000 half and half and work on those as well as the crummy visitor's bleachers. We can understand why some of your fans are embarrassed by the facilities. End of rant.

Best of luck to Hibriten.

We've never said we win them all....we just win more than anyone else.

Why you so salty. I am sure Hibriten wanted the clock to stop working LoL. I like how you congratulate HHS and then start smack talking. Win and lose with class.
Last year SP taught Hibriten a lot. We took our butt whopping like a champ and then Pulled for SP to bring it home. Don’t be so salty.

My friend there is a difference between salty and honesty.

Your facilities suck. If the GAME clock didn't work an entire half at Shelby I'd be unbelievably embarrassed in any game but the Western Finals championship game that is unacceptable. And if the visiting fans had to sit on whatever those tiny concrete slabs are called I'd be very embarrassed.

I big congrats to the football team. Bring it back to the west.

Reactions: my_2cents
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT