ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2021 - Week 8 (10/8)

"Wolves - Warriors….this ought to be good. The Wolves are playing in a game as the favorite….for the first time this year! Let’s see how they handle it!😜 The Wolves win over Bandys was eye opening to say the least!….especially avenging that beat down from the spring! West Caldwell has some athletes…but Lincolnton will be sooo physical….and should pull away in the 2nd half. I like the Wolves in this one!"
This is an excerpt from Maiden poster Maiden Creek on Monday 10-04-2021

You pretty well nailed it, MC. We trailed 7-6 at the half. We won 27-7, same as last week. On another thread you'd mentioned that we needed to learn to score in the first quarter. Amen to that!
I'm awfully glad we've won three games in a row but after next week our unproductive first halves will come back to bite us.

"Wolves - Warriors….this ought to be good. The Wolves are playing in a game as the favorite….for the first time this year! Let’s see how they handle it!😜 The Wolves win over Bandys was eye opening to say the least!….especially avenging that beat down from the spring! West Caldwell has some athletes…but Lincolnton will be sooo physical….and should pull away in the 2nd half. I like the Wolves in this one!"
This is an excerpt from Maiden poster Maiden Creek on Monday 10-04-2021

You pretty well nailed it, MC. We trailed 7-6 at the half. We won 27-7, same as last week. On another thread you'd mentioned that we needed to learn to score in the first quarter. Amen to that!
I'm awfully glad we've won three games in a row but after next week our unproductive first halves will come back to bite us.
We where in pretty good shape in first half. I swear if we had a HC with any sense we would have won this game. Dumb decisions going for it on 4th down twice, especially the first one that was about 4th and 30+. Just plain stupid. It put our Defense in bad spots several times.
Monte Simmons is one the worst coaches I've seen in my life. The man can't or won't do his job. He doesn't put his athlete's in a position for him to win football games and for them to be successful. He only cares about a couple players on the team. He'd rather lose with them, than let another young man get the spot light. We have some good talent on this team, he just refuses to use it. The color of your skin means more than your talent. No way we should be 0-6. I know our program hasn't been good in years, but there is simply no excuse for this. It's a damn shame the school let's this man get away with what he does. The athletic program at WC is dirty as it could possibly be. Have kids breaking rules and the law on campus and getting away with it. Have coaches taking drug test for players. In NC falsifying drug screening is a felony last time I checked.
This needs to be made public. There's reasons WC is a dumpster fire program. How can you expect the young men to get it done, when the leadership is at this level. Monte Simmons needs to be fired and it shouldn't stop with him. Few more coaches too, along with Anderson as well!

Maiden's starting Defense has allowed 28 points in 7 games. An average of 4 points a game. This is the most impressive defense I've ever seen at Maiden, better than the one I played on my Junior year and we were damn good. It's exciting to watch for sure.

Dadof23,thanks for the comment on Catawba County rivalrys. I hadn't heard of Catawba (assuming it was a middle school) some where around the town of Catawba, but that would have sparked a rivalry, too.
Until I was grown I never knew anyone from East Lincoln and only two boys from West Lincoln who would cross the river bridge to come into town and sell newspapers. The west Lincoln school district came up to the city limits of Lincolnton. It's odd how an imaginary line can have such an effect.
To have gone to middle school with them and then different high schools would have been something else. That would mean you would personally know the guy who was on the opposite side of the line of scrimmage from you.

*Side note: Dad0f23, I say this respectfully, I would guess that your screen name is meant in an honorary sense, because if you are the actual Dad of 23 it means George Washington is no longer the Father of our country. You are !
Well, I do honor that as my son wore 23 playing...Can't say I've had that much action...lol

Dadof23, thanks for setting me straight on that. For some reason a player's number never crossed my mind. Usually, I blame such glitches on old age, but I've used that so much nobody believes it anymore, so I have to confess to just not being too quick.
I have to tell you, though, I was hoping you were going to say, "yes, I got 23 young'uns". It would have been a great talking point when I told people around here that I know of someone who's fathered more children than King David.
One last thing, I knew a woman, here, who was originally from the Maiden-Little Mountain area and besides her there were 15 siblings.
Well, enough about that. Thanks for responding.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Shelby Lion, that's incredible. Your great grandparents tied with King David (his children with wives and others)… There were 12 in my Mother's family. Times have really changed. I couldn't even imagine a family today with 21 children. Breakfast would look like a popular restaurant...Might be fun, though.
By the way, congratulations on Shelby's win over Crest. It's always special to get a win over the Chargers, like the Golden Lions, they're very tough.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT