ADVERTISEMENT

Crest @ South Point - Round 3

I think something that may have went unnoticed by Crest fans..... #65 Sully Absher took his first snap on defense tonight on the 4th and goal play and was the DL who batted it down. I thought that was a great move by the SP coaching staff to get his 6'8" frame in the middle and it paid off.

Crest coach thrown out???
The first play after SP stopped Crest on the 1 SP fumbled at the 3 yard line trying to run out the clock. SP came up with the loose ball and the Crest sideline felt like they had the recovery. Yea, he lost it. I will say, and not because I'm a homer but we replayed the film immediately after the whistle and the recovery was clean by SP.

Congratulations Crest on a great game. As others have said it was yours to win. I’ll take good luck over good play. From where I sat I couldn’t see what was happening on the goal line. All I can do is assume the refs got it right. Putting Sully in on 4th down was a great move. He saved the game, knocking down the pass. The receiver like all night was wide open.

The first play after SP stopped Crest on the 1 SP fumbled at the 3 yard line trying to run out the clock. SP came up with the loose ball and the Crest sideline felt like they had the recovery. Yea, he lost it. I will say, and not because I'm a homer but we replayed the film immediately after the whistle and the recovery was clean by SP.
Gonna have to see that tape. Also gonna have to see the previous 3 plays to see if Mitchell (#26) didn't get in. It sure seemed like he got in on 3rd down and then also clearly recovered the ball on the fumble.

Very questionable call on 4th down by Crest. What is with these OCs? As much as I hate to say it, Shelby probably would have done the same thing. Did they all not learn from Pete Carrol not to do that on the 1?

I think something that may have went unnoticed by Crest fans..... #65 Sully Absher took his first snap on defense tonight on the 4th and goal play and was the DL who batted it down. I thought that was a great move by the SP coaching staff to get his 6'8" frame in the middle and it paid off.
Considering Notre Dame is my team heck yeah I saw that. Leaned over to my wife and said they're bringing in big 65 to clog the middle. Then he batted the pass.

Still have to say Crest got hosed.

Gonna have to see that tape. Also gonna have to see the previous 3 plays to see if Mitchell (#26) didn't get in. It sure seemed like he got in on 3rd down and then also clearly recovered the ball on the fumble.

Very questionable call on 4th down by Crest. What is with these OCs? As much as I hate to say it, Shelby probably would have done the same thing. Did they all not learn from Pete Carrol not to do that on the 1?
It's football brother, just because you're the first on it doesn't mean you'll end up with it. When they uncovered the pile #45 wearing red had it in his arms.

Absolutely brilliant move to place Sully in on defense for that one play. Crest didn't catch the move and tried to throw over him. Bad move on their part. The last two games have shown how far the SP coaching staff has progressed the last couple of years. They have found their footing and have this team on a roll.

So you really think 26 comes up clean with the ball and the white hat says "nah, we'll keep it with red"?
Show the video since you have it.

You also said Shelby has only won 26 games against South Point when they've actually won almost 50 so hard to believe you.

Show the video since you have it.

You also said Shelby has only won 26 games against South Point when they've actually won almost 50 so hard to believe you.
If I owned the video I would show you but I don't nor is it in my possession but I will work to get it. I also stand behind my numbers. Belmont HS is not South Point High School and who gives a rat's ass? I know you guys do; counting wins from (8) man football from 1897.

• Haha
Reactions: seadog28

I really thought 26 got in as well.

I wonder if SP will ever have players to cover pass plays. I agree It was Crest’s game to win. After they got to the SP 4, I think coaching beat Crest, their own coaching not SP’s. Guys, that was one heck of a high school football game. It’s hard to see anybody lose a game like that. No bragging from me, just respect for a very good team.

What I saw was a great game played by two teams who gave everything to win the game. Crest came out early and went right down the field. SP is a team that struggles if forced behind the chains by penalties and that is what happened early. SP Qb was clearly playing on a bad wheel, but SP found their way back to a half time tie. Number 2 for Crest had a great game and the Crest QB was awesome both running and passing. Crest is a quality program and you will rarely beat them without playing a great game, but the Raiders made a lot of mistakes as did the Chargers and this game ended with Raiders on top. Iron sharpens iron and that is what these rivalries are made out of.

What I saw was a great game played by two teams who gave everything to win the game. Crest came out early and went right down the field. SP is a team that struggles if forced behind the chains by penalties and that is what happened early. SP Qb was clearly playing on a bad wheel, but SP found their way back to a half time tie. Number 2 for Crest had a great game and the Crest QB was awesome both running and passing. Crest is a quality program and you will rarely beat them without playing a great game, but the Raiders made a lot of mistakes as did the Chargers and this game ended with Raiders on top. Iron sharpens iron and that is what these rivalries are made out of.
Class right there

Congrats to SP...but I gotta say, two years in a row with season ending playoff games to south point?...red raiders better enjoy this because I see a very large amount of aggression coming from Crest in the near future. Like, wife cheating on a redneck man type aggressive destruction. Those charger boys won't give two craps about state. It'll be all red raider lol

Last edited:
I peeped that. You could hear SP’s side get loud when he joined the huddle.

You could also hear the whole team and coaches calling his name from the other side of the field lol.

Gotta love it.

Video is online. Crest recovers the fumble. Guy stands up with the ball as defense is cheering and running off the field....it is what it is. Great game by both teams, and a shame somebody had to lose. Best of luck to South Point the rest of the way.
Saw the video to it is what it is… wish we would have went under center and road Monty Edwards across the goal line on 3rd down..

Reactions: seadog28
I’m not doubting you guys but I’d like to see it myself. Where can I find the video. I don’t do the FaceBook thing.

Damn, how many of these Crest-SP playoff showdowns have we had. Too many to count and they all seem to be nail biters. I feel for the Crest players, fans and coaches. The good news is, we all get to be a part of some great football.

The players and coaches on both sides are absolute warriors. Fortune shined on us last night. I guess it was our turn. What we must do is represent, going forward, our great conference and great adversaries.

Much respect for the Crest Chargers!

Ok guys I found the end zone camera view of the fumble recovery. If there is other video I haven’t seen it. I see absolutely no way from that angle you can tell who recovered the fumble. Both players dive and the ball is not visible on the video before they get on it. Again I have to leave the call to the refs. They had a better look than we did if that’s the only evidence. It flat out sux to lose. When any game ends with a one point lose and a goal line stand, throw in a fumble, there’s gonna be controversy. Great season Crust. I’m already looking forward to coming to the ranch next year. Like most games between the two, it should be special.

I thought Crest was in the best position to recover but that doesn't mean a lot. I definitely couldn’t see the ball from any video or last night. I just hate that I had to see a team lose last night. Guys, Crest played a hell of a game and the truth is SP stoped them only one time. Yes, this one time is a goal line stand than many believe was due to play calling. I got some news for all you whinny wannabes: you’re not a coach in high school and probably for a reason. Theses folks are professional at what they do. Not perfect but professionals non the less and you folks are neither in regards to coaching. Coaches do what they believe in, not the fans as they should. My hats off to the the Chargers. SP was fortunate to win.

I’d beware the chargers going forward. Staff and underclassmen are just getting started. It looked like they had 8 wideouts against South Point last night. We lose our top four defensive backs this year. Might look like 12 wideouts next year if we don’t get to work.

Ok guys I found the end zone camera view of the fumble recovery. If there is other video I haven’t seen it. I see absolutely no way from that angle you can tell who recovered the fumble. Both players dive and the ball is not visible on the video before they get on it. Again I have to leave the call to the refs. They had a better look than we did if that’s the only evidence. It flat out sux to lose. When any game ends with a one point lose and a goal line stand, throw in a fumble, there’s gonna be controversy. Great season Crust. I’m already looking forward to coming to the ranch next year. Like most games between the two, it should be special.

Why do you think the video stops where it did? From where the clip is edited Mitchel for Crest clearly recovers the ball, jumps up with the ball in the air, celebrating the recovery.

After watching the video over and over again it appeared #26 clearly recovered the ball and was trying to stand up (knees already down) with it when the SP player reached in to try to gain simultaneous possession and pulled him down or kept him from getting up. If #26 just stays on the ground it’s Crest ball, but it’s not his fault he wanted to jump up with the ball and celebrate the recovery . He should’ve been ruled down. It looked like Crest players starting running off the field seeing they had the ball. I don’t think it was a biased call, but appeared to be the wrong call. Would love to hear the white hats explanation on that one. Idk, maybe he saw something I didn’t see. Just want what’s fair to the kids and coaches.

Shet happens tho. Otherwise great GL stand by SP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT