ADVERTISEMENT

Crest @ South Point - Round 3

After watching the video over and over again it appeared #26 clearly recovered the ball and was trying to stand up (knees already down) with it when the SP player reached in to try to gain simultaneous possession and pulled him down or kept him from getting up. If #26 just stays on the ground it’s Crest ball, but it’s not his fault he wanted to jump up with the ball and celebrate the recovery . He should’ve been ruled down. It looked like Crest players starting running off the field seeing they had the ball. I don’t think it was a biased call, but appeared to be the wrong call. Would love to hear the white hats explanation on that one. Idk, maybe he saw something I didn’t see. Just want what’s fair to the kids and coaches.

Shet happens tho. Otherwise great GL stand by SP.
Well said and good observation. Knee was down so it would have been dead right there. It was everything a 3rd round game should be just like what I saw in Lawndale. I walked about happy for Cleveland County but felt bad for Salisbury too. Sounds like the same mindset in this game.

Reactions: NC Joker
Well said and good observation. Knee was down so it would have been dead right there. It was everything a 3rd round game should be just like what I saw in Lawndale. I walked about happy for Cleveland County but felt bad for Salisbury too. Sounds like the same mindset in this game.
Good observation. After reviewing the play again the South Point player knee was down prior to the fumble. The fumble really doesn’t mean anything. Dead ball

No theyre due to the refs that live in field house ! I think their kin to the same ones that live in the freedom field house
I’m going to open a financial planning service for anyone who has ever reffed a football game in Burke county. I will save them a fortune in rent by advising them of all the rent free space they can occupy in the minds of Cleveland County fans.

Ain’t it amazing how we can watch the exact same video clip and see things completely different! Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and ugly goes all the way to the bone

Reactions: Belmontraider
Ain’t it amazing how we can watch the exact same video clip and see things completely different! Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and ugly goes all the way to the bone
Good observation SPRaider78. I’m actually looking at a video that is not online

You can make it however you need it to be. But you know 26 recovered that fumble. You just can’t type it because it doesn’t suit your heart.

Bottom line. SP won. Good luck the rest of the way
Last night both teams played as hard as I have ever seen them play. Down to the last seconds. Crest offense is very explosive. SP absolutely could not stop the screens and qb runs. Very proud of the Crest team and SP team!!! Neither team left anything on the field. Would loved to have seen SP pass the ball a few more times last night. SP has some good receivers that are rarely used. I was pretty close to the south endzone and I know the refs made the correct call on the fumble.
Hope to see you Crest fans friday in Lineberger Stadium. PS… SHELBY SUCKS!

Reactions: seadog28
To me it appeared Mitchell made the recovery. He is one of the strongest kids on the team....now way that ball gets wrestled away from him.

Crestrulz

Seven years and you don't have to change a thing.

The Mighty Crest Chargers - 6 Time State Champions
1994 - 1996 - 4A State Champions - 15-0 (94)
2003- 2004 - 3AA State Champions
2014 - 3A - State Champions - 16-0
2015 - 3AA - State Champions - 16-0

Maybe you could change fonts. You better watch out, go too long and Shelby might do a superiority dance around you.

Crestrulz

Seven years and you don't have to change a thing.

The Mighty Crest Chargers - 6 Time State Champions
1994 - 1996 - 4A State Champions - 15-0 (94)
2003- 2004 - 3AA State Champions
2014 - 3A - State Champions - 16-0
2015 - 3AA - State Champions - 16-0

Maybe you could change fonts. You better watch out, go too long and Shelby might do a superiority dance around you.
It’s all good boss. I’m sure that made your micro mini penis move.

Last edited:
Ahhh let it go guys, these kids are young, they will be back. I'm proud of these YOUNG CHARGERS. Coach did pretty well for his first tour at the ranch I thought.
He did a great job with the Chargers for the first season and and can now be considered fully one of them since he got thrown out of a SP-Crest game. Now that is really taking one for your team and late enough in the game that it did not interfere with the function of the players. Considering he had just lost his father last week, he toughed out a rough season.

The 3A West champion generally is a Big South team or has gone through one (or more) in the regional or semi finals. Both teams wanted a chance to be the West 3A team but only one could win, so we were all pulling for either the Red Raiders to hold on or Crest would pull it out. it was a great game, despite the controversy at the game's end. Both teams battled to a close finish, closer than anyone even imagined. I know that the Crest players are hurt as they were very close to getting that win; Crestrulz, crest91 and all the other fans are very disappointed (and will likely pull for KM from here on out :)) but I know they will pull for either of the Big South teams in the championship game.

Just keep doing what you do each and every year to make our conference stronger and to support our belief that the Big South is the best conference in the West and hopefully statewide. Win or Lose against each other, we WILL SURVIVE so we can win it ALL against the others.

Just keep doing what you do each and every year to make our conference stronger and to support our belief that the Big South is the best conference in the West and hopefully statewide. Win or Lose against each other, we WILL SURVIVE so we can win it ALL against the others.​

Love this! Who said it? You, Sasha?

Reactions: sasha_nc
I really thought 26 got in as well.
Sounds like a lot of yall wished he got in. He didn't. I was shown the video. It's obvious he didn't get in. Tape don't lie. Then Crest coach is in the paper saying they got hosed on the call. SMH.

It’s all good boss. I’m sure that made your micro mini penis move.
Dude - you ain’t nowhere near right. Stop it !!!!!! STOP ✋ 😆

His name is CrestRulz….leave him alone lol

HERE’S YOUR SIGN🎆

Son of bee is the master….run Forest🤏 run……stay the hail away from him. You can’t win.

Nothing normal about this Dude.

My bad…..too much info on that one and not biased either way. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: seadog28
The first play after SP stopped Crest on the 1 SP fumbled at the 3 yard line trying to run out the clock. SP came up with the loose ball and the Crest sideline felt like they had the recovery. Yea, he lost it. I will say, and not because I'm a homer but we replayed the film immediately after the whistle and the recovery was clean by SP.
Well, that game here was one tough match-up. I can appreciate the coach's efforts to support his team and guarantee the accuracy of all calls. Crazy 4A board. I noticed your post.

91 is correct time to let it go.

It’s a good time to be a Charger. 19 of our starters are UNDERCLASSMEN! 14 of those were Sophomore and Freshmen.

We return one of the best receiving cores in the state- a game changing QB- a strong offensive line- a maturing defense- the JV team was crazy good and the Middle School team was great too.

Let them have their fun with all of this. A one point win over a JV team in their house with blind and mentally challenged refs.

Happy Thanksgiving Midgets. EL or KM is in the forecast and then you’re done.

Until next year.

Clowns.

Let's start off by agreeing that the refs were not pulling for either team and had no reason to give SP the ball when Crest "clearly" recovered. If they were pulling for SP they would have never called that ridiculous PI that led to a Crest score. I have not seen the video, but the guy who stands up with the ball is not always the guy who recovered the ball. Great game. SP was lucky as they were clearly affected by Blee's gimpy leg. Hope he is 100% by next Friday.

I don't know for sure but I did giggle when I was told the refs were from the Burke County area.

91 is correct time to let it go.

It’s a good time to be a Charger. 19 of our starters are UNDERCLASSMEN! 14 of those were Sophomore and Freshmen.

We return one of the best receiving cores in the state- a game changing QB- a strong offensive line- a maturing defense- the JV team was crazy good and the Middle School team was great too.

Let them have their fun with all of this. A one point win over a JV team in their house with blind and mentally challenged refs.

Happy Thanksgiving Midgets. EL or KM is in the forecast and then you’re done.

Until next year.

Clowns.

All interesting and intimidating points. It might be time to raise the white flag. But, somehow we’ll manage to put a football team out there behind a qb who will be making Chargers miss for 3 years. We also have a deep bench of young referees to mitigate the coming juggernaut. All in all, bring it you cramping bastards!!!

Love,

seadog

• Haha
Our video was pretty clear we scored a touchdown,” said Crest coach Jim Sosebee regarding a third-down run in which running back Derek Mitchell was ruled short of the goal line.

Sounds like Crest got ripped off... If I had to guess the game was played in Belmont...

Our video was pretty clear we scored a touchdown,” said Crest coach Jim Sosebee regarding a third-down run in which running back Derek Mitchell was ruled short of the goal line.

Sounds like Crest got ripped off... If I had to guess the game was played in Belmont...
It was in Belmont. White hat is VP of the Big Red Booster Club too.

I think something that may have went unnoticed by Crest fans..... #65 Sully Absher took his first snap on defense tonight on the 4th and goal play and was the DL who batted it down. I thought that was a great move by the SP coaching staff to get his 6'8" frame in the middle and it paid off.
I saw this as well. It seems the center doubled with the wrong guard, which caused this kid (#65) an open shot to block the pass. The young Charger OL will get better. Both teams played this one really close, as expected.

Derek also scored on 3rd and 1 😂 they called him down 6 inches from goal line when 60% of his body was in the end zone as his knee touched..
They just lie bro. They can't help it. That's just who 90percent of them are.

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT