ADVERTISEMENT

Oak Grove @ West Henderson Round 3

OG needs to run the 2 minute drill all game they seem pretty successful at it. With the exception of a few plays

Reactions: crazyduke3
OG always struggled against the pass but surprised this is the first team that has really been able to take advantage of it.

Creech being out is not helping OG. Ginitasio being put in a tough situation for a playoff game.

Only personally seen 1 possibly better in this area and that was Chris Dunn of North Davidson/NC State few years ago.
There have been about a dozen kickers in this area that I have seen move on to college. Most from North but the best kicker I ever saw was the guy from Porter Ridge Matt Wogan or Womack I forget who nailed a 62 yarder in 2012 in the Regional 4A Title at Palmer Field.

Ours had just hit a 57 yarder. This guy went to Oregon

There have been about a dozen kickers in this area that I have seen move on to college. Most from North but the best kicker I ever saw was the guy from Porter Ridge Matt Wogan or Womack I forget who nailed a 62 yarder in 2012 in the Regional 4A Title at Palmer Field.

I wasn’t around here for those times. That’s why I said me personally. But that’s awesome to have good kickers in the area.

Didn’t realize Conner Creech was not gonna play. OG had no hope without him. They are getting the stops they need this half, but without Creech it’s not happening.

Didn’t realize Conner Creech was not gonna play. OG had no hope without him. They are getting the stops they need this half, but without Creech it’s not happening.
Yeah I think they tried their best to keep it quiet but from my understanding he injured his shoulder in last weeks game and will have surgery (don’t hold me to the surgery part).

Wogan. Beat out my son as the Shrine Bowl kicker…by a lot. Strongest high school leg I’ve ever seen. Punting and kicking. Dunn was more accurate but not the same leg strength. Dunn had a better college career obviously.

Wogan. Beat out my son as the Shrine Bowl kicker…by a lot. Strongest high school leg I’ve ever seen. Punting and kicking. Dunn was more accurate but not the same leg strength. Dunn had a better college career obviously.
The height of the ball when Wogan kicked was amazing. Just a different trajectory on long kicks. It's kind of like thinking one of your buddies can hit a driver a long way, and then seeing John Daly hit one back in the day. Just a different level.

Reactions: blackbearsfaithful
I didn't know Creech wasn't going to play. West Henderson still would have been a big hill to climb, but that's a tough spot to throw another kid into when Creech has been the man for 3 years.

Proud of the OG kids, and the staff did a great job this year.

Congrats to WH. They have a special season going.

I was at that game. Kept thinking that it was insane that Spencer Landfried was the second-best kicker on the field.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I actually didn’t think West executed very well last night but if that results in 45 points and win a win, I’ll take it. Truitt Manuel just took over the game. Way too many penalties, way too many missed tackles. They’ll need to get that cleaned up for next week.

Going to be a tough uphill climb in Hickory next week for WH.
Actually WH is going downhill ;) West and Hickory have 2 common opponents and West outplayed Hickory against both. I wouldn’t get the big head over beating Reynolds if I were Hickory. I think it’s going to be a great ball game, congrats to both teams for earning the right to play after thanksgiving.

Actually WH is going downhill ;) West and Hickory have 2 common opponents and West outplayed Hickory against both. I wouldn’t get the big head over beating Reynolds if I were Hickory. I think it’s going to be a great ball game, congrats to both teams for earning the right to play after thanksgiving.
Going to come down to defense and Hickory is prone to being vulnerable on that side.

Reactions: shutdownD24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT