ADVERTISEMENT

Oak Grove @ West Henderson Round 3

Going to come down to defense and Hickory is prone to being vulnerable on that side.
If I recall, that’s what it was supposed to come down to last night against ACR. Heard they hadn’t given up anything the previous playoff games. If oak grove put up 20+ on WH. They’re going to be hard pressed to keep Hickory off the board each drive.

If I recall, that’s what it was supposed to come down to last night against ACR. Heard they hadn’t given up anything the previous playoff games. If oak grove put up 20+ on WH. They’re going to be hard pressed to keep Hickory off the board each drive.
No, it was supposed to come down to ACR’s D, their O has been bleak all year. They only put up 7 on a West Forsyth team that OG put 29 on. Falcons should be far more balanced than ACR. EL put 28 points and 350yds on Hickory, they barely mustered 100yds of total offense and no points on the West D. The only score came on special teams. I honestly think this is a better matchup for West than OG. West has been vulnerable with offenses that put a lot of guys in the box and play power football. That’s because West has a smaller but very fast front 7 and an excellent secondary and will create a lot of pressure, probably more than Hickory has seen all year.

No, it was supposed to come down to ACR’s D, their O has been bleak all year. They only put up 7 on a West Forsyth team that OG put 29 on. Falcons should be far more balanced than ACR. EL put 28 points and 350yds on Hickory, they barely mustered 100yds of total offense and no points on the West D. The only score came on special teams. I honestly think this is a better matchup for West than OG. West has been vulnerable with offenses that put a lot of guys in the box and play power football. That’s because West has a smaller but very fast front 7 and excellent secondary and will create a lot of pressure, probably more than Hickory has seen all year.
Is WH defense supposed to be better than ACRs? All I heard coming into this week was that Hickory wouldn’t put up anything on their defense. 61 points later….

Is WH defense supposed to be better than ACRs? All I heard coming into this week was that Hickory wouldn’t put up anything on their defense. 61 points later….
Football is about more than one side of the ball or one unit, it’s about matchups. ACR just didn’t match up well with Hickory whereas they did against Kings Mountain, but I think West’s strengths on D match up with Hickory’s strengths on O. West’s offense is also much better than ACR’s which is going help extend drives, put points up and keep the Hickory O off the field. Overall, I think this is setting for a far better matchup than ACR.

Football is about more than one side of the ball or one unit, it’s about matchups. ACR just didn’t match up well with Hickory whereas they did against Kings Mountain, but I think West’s strengths on D match up with Hickory’s strengths on O. West’s offense is also much better than ACR’s which is going help extend drives, put points up and keep the Hickory O off the field. Overall, I think this is setting for a far better matchup than ACR.
Should be a good one! Hate I will miss it. Flying out of town Friday morning.

I think the biggest difference is hickory has an elite passing game and kings mountain had the opposite of an elite passing game

I think the biggest difference is hickory has an elite passing game and kings mountain had the opposite of an elite passing game
ACR has struggled against some decent passing attacks this year. Gave up 400yds to Shelby, roughly 200yds to AVL, heck even Watauga threw for 225. We probably should have seen it coming but got too wide-eyed at the back to back shutouts.

Reactions: beamer24
The great thing that I’ve saw with this West team the games I’ve watched and listened to is how complete their team is. They are not an “offensive”, “defensive”,”running”, etc. team instead they take most every box you’d like to check on your football team and check as above average in every category. They’ve also done a good job of scheming to make the most of their weakest areas.

They are quick enough to win off the mountain but their offense also develops very quickly. I see them using that to counterbalance the overall faster teams that are coming in the next few rounds.

As for ACR, they got handled two games in a row they just were able to win one of them. I don’t think their team completely came together to full capacity this year and the Guest absence probably had a lot to do with that.

Last edited:
What about #3 on defense will he play this week missed him last night some against the run for sure

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT