ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Durham @ Scotland (Round 2)

scotswin

Sep 16, 2003
Laurinburg, NC
Southern Durham travels to Scotland County for round 2 of the 3a east playoffs. These
same 2 played in the first game this year also at Scotland. The Scots kicked a 37 yd field goal
with less than a second remaining on the clock for a 32-29 win. SD coming in after an impressive
win at Eastern Alamance while Scotland beat Rocky Mount in a lackluster performance. Whats the thoughts on this game guys? Will SD start and end their season at Pate Stadium? Who gets the win to play one of the Nash County schools in round 3.... GO SCOTS .....

Scots can win this one again..... need our defense to show up for the entire game. Also need our passing game to come back alive, Jones cant do it on his own. If we can get these two things going (defenses, and passing) Scots will be hard to stop, but missing any of the two is going to make a long trying night for the Scots...

I haven't seen Scotland other than highlights but know that Southern Durham is a great team....the last two years their defense was stout, and while they lost their two D1 recruit DEs, they're still tough to get blocked and they're always having going to have athletes the secondary....the big reason I thought they were much improved this year compared to the last two seasons is their offense: When I saw them, they were rotating three quarterbacks, and the one with the best stat line that night was a freshman, but they were effectively throwing it; short, medium, deep....left, right, middle.....which can open up the run....I would probably give the Scots the edge being at home but I wouldn't be surprised if it was still close in the 4th quarter where either team could be in a position to win if they can make a big play

Hey @scotswin, does your team’s NFHS work? Unable to head to the game Friday and was hoping to watch it there. Looked up on NFHS and none of the home games are there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT