ADVERTISEMENT

Crest @ South Point - Round 3

Maybe you’re looking at a different play than I. I’m talking about the first play in the 4th quarter. Ain’t no face guarding to it, he just simply ran into and damn near over a receiver trying to come back to the ball. Now that is PI all day long. I don’t agree with the rule but it is what it is. SP got away wit one there. Wouldn’t have changed the outcome at all but it happen none the less. If it was up to me it wouldn’t ever be PI. I believe it’s crazy to reward a bad throw with a first down. Time and again I see an under thrown ball (a garbage pass) at all levels result in a penalty for the defense. I guess all you have to do to move the chains sometimes is SUCK.
You are correct but all teams get done wrong and benefit from it over time

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I don’t have the numbers in front of me but if I’m not mistaken, Shelby is the only school in the state with a winning record vs SP. Of course I could be wrong, it wouldn’t be the first time.

Pretty impressive. Although Burns has had a lot of down years. Kings Mountain too. What is the record against Shelby and Crest?
SP vs. Crest 25 - 16
SP vs. KM 30 - 18
SP vs. Shelby 14 - 26
SP vs. Burns 29 - 14 - 1

South Point all-time losing records against the following schools:

Benedictine, Va 0 - 1
Winston Salem Carver 0 - 1
Clover, SC 2 - 6
Erwin 0 - 1
Freedom 0 - 2
Hickory Ridge 0 - 1
Charlotte Latin 0 - 1
North Buncombe 0 - 1
North Davidson 0 - 1
Northwestern, SC 0 - 1
Piedmont 0 - 1
Lucy Ragsdale 0 - 2
Weddington 0 - 1
West Lincoln 0 - 1
West Meck 2 - 6

I said, just trust me! I’m disappointed SPRedRaider. These hayseeds didn’t need to know this. Plus, does this go back to 1923?

However, my math says Cleveland County is our bitches! WHAT???

• Haha
Having hope means you’re a loser! Having absolute confidence that you will win, results in just that. Take no prisoners and move on just like you knew you would! Is Crest coming in on electric vehicles? I hope they are! Wouldn’t want them to waste the gas.

Whooping Crust is not as fun as whooping Shelby but it ranks right up there. When I said Shelby was the only team in the state with a winning record vs SP, I wasn’t thinking about all the little onezy, twozy type series. I know they count, but when you just play em twice or so in 50 years is that a true representation?

Fake news! Don’t you remember? She was your date and she beat you in arm wrestling and tobacco spitting. After that she lost all respect for you and hooked up with chargerbacker.

I said, just trust me! I’m disappointed SPRedRaider. These hayseeds didn’t need to know this. Plus, does this go back to 1923?

However, my math says Cleveland County is our bitches! WHAT???
Matt I hope your doing ok. I hate when I see you up late trying to find someone to talk to. But anyway glad the Red Raiders are back in 3A football where they can advance in the playoffs.

Maybe you’re looking at a different play than I. I’m talking about the first play in the 4th quarter. Ain’t no face guarding to it, he just simply ran into and damn near over a receiver trying to come back to the ball. Now that is PI all day long. I don’t agree with the rule but it is what it is. SP got away wit one there. Wouldn’t have changed the outcome at all but it happen none the less. If it was up to me it wouldn’t ever be PI. I believe it’s crazy to reward a bad throw with a first down. Time and again I see an under thrown ball (a garbage pass) at all levels result in a penalty for the defense. I guess all you have to do to move the chains sometimes is SUCK.
I'm talking about that one too. The ball was underthrown...hit the DB in the middle of the back....if the DB was early it is was a 100th of a second. I think the ref thinking was that it was timed almost perfectly by DB and with the ball hitting him in the back as the receiver stopped and tried to come back to it...it's almost the uncatchable rule.
IE if the ball would've hit the DB in the heels instead of the back it would've been the same call but less "controversial".

Time to see if the Crest defensive coordinator learned anything from their first match up. I will say, a lot of good coaches have struggled to stop the Red Bone over the years. The Crest offense will have to outscore Southpoint to give them a chance to win. Pulling for my Cleveland County teams to get the job done tonight.

Reactions: Crestuff
Time to see if the Crest defensive coordinator learned anything from their first match up. I will say, a lot of good coaches have struggled to stop the Red Bone over the years. The Crest offense will have to outscore Southpoint to give them a chance to win. Pulling for my Cleveland County teams to get the job done tonight.
That’s what I’m most interested to see is that what happens when this staff gets to see teams for a second time.

Only number I care about is the amount of rings on the fingers, we might not always finish the job strong, but we've finished it more than the red midgets.

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
Crest is 16-25 against South Point, if you give the 2005 Crest win to South Point from later postseason forfeit. Also 0-2 against Belmont.

crust91,

Half of that 2003 3AA ring belongs to SP, making it 3.5 rings a piece. Yeah, you won the 3AA but we beat you in the regular season as well as taking the 3A championship.

Reactions: seadog28
Excuse me?

Shelby vs South Point (*Belmont) (42-18-0)

Shelby is and ALWAYS will be South Point's daddy!
This is true counting the Belmont days. The building that South Point is in was Belmont Highs new location for a few years. I don’t agree that playing Belmont is the same as playing South Point. For example before 1969 South Point played South Point I guess. They didn’t just change the name it was a merger of three schools. Not exactly the same school to me. However Shelby has dominated any Belmont school by series record. But to me you only played a third of SP in those years.

Crest by 6. We will probably miss the extra point but get it done. I hope all the folks from Boiling Sprangs, Moseboro, & Earl find the gas money for this one! Go Chargers!

Kudos on your screen name! I laughed out loud. Awesome! 😂

Matt I hope your doing ok. I hate when I see you up late trying to find someone to talk to. But anyway glad the Red Raiders are back in 3A football where they can advance in the playoffs.

Doing well, Bob. Hope you are too. Agreed, that 2a would be tough with Burns there. How’s Shelby doing? Who are they playing tonight?

Yo, dog, long time no see. You should have come up for the Dudley game.

I would have loved to but I am living in Florida now and that is a long trip. Really loved the time me, you and footsoldier caught the Catholic-Dudley game up there. A great venue with great food and great hospitality. Hope all is well for you and George. We got this, Sasha!!!

Reactions: sasha_nc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT