ADVERTISEMENT

Burns vs. Shelby

You're correct. O-Line was amazing last night.

Now that all the hoopla is over, someone please explain the kickoff return penalty.

Reactions: Burns1985
The lightning delay caused Shelby to loose this game. Lol. In all seriousness Burns played one heck of a ballgame and the coaches coached one heck of a ballgame. What a great recovery from two weeks ago.

Now that all the hoopla is over, someone please explain the kickoff return penalty.

Yeah I'm still a bit baffled by that as well... I was watching on YouTube & the flag CLEARLY came out during the play... The announcers say "there's a flag" or something like that and the kid was still 35-40 yards from the endzone... There used to be some refs in here, are they still around?

We had a call last night where the ball was int. In the end zone and the kid tried to run the ball out and it was blown dead and called a touchback. Didn’t know that

I just want to know if there is a rule I'm not aware of. There's a high school football referee at work. I'll ask on Tuesday. Clarification.....was it unsportsmanlike or personal foul? I can't remember.

[
I just want to know if there is a rule I'm not aware of. There's a high school football referee at work. I'll ask on Tuesday. Clarification.....was it unsportsmanlike or personal foul? I can't remember.

All I recall is hearing them say dead ball foul.... which again, how can it be a dead ball foul in the middle of a freaking play?

That really could have changed the outcome of the game. And with our luck in the past, I just knew that was gonna turn the game around.

Ref signaled personal foul

My hat really goes off to Coach Cogdill and that bulldog defense. Did anyone on here really think the shelby O would only score 14 even though they are down a little compared to past years. Cog put in a game plan and it was executed Very well by the Dogs ....and that D line is getting coached up by my old pal Larry Allen.

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
My hat really goes off to Coach Cogdill and that bulldog defense. Did anyone on here really think the shelby O would only score 14 even though they are down a little compared to past years. Cog put in a game plan and it was executed Very well by the Dogs ....and that D line is getting coached up by my old pal Larry Allen.

Yeah the Burns defense played extremely well... That's for sure

Shelby needs a little bit of a tweak in offensive scheme. Whether we can run it or not we still have to try. Also when the score was 20-14 and we had the ball a couple of times all the receivers just went down the field near the sidelines the middle of the field was wide open. We are running 5 wide most of the time and should have receivers breaking all over the field but don't they just run down the field. Need some serious adjustments to our route running. Somehow figure out what is going on with the O line other than they are not hitting anyone. It might be that we just don't have the talent there this year, the kids I'm sure are trying hard. However we seem to be getting worse after 3 games instead of improving. Hopefully it all turns around.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
I think the difference between the Burns loss to ALexander Central and win over Shelby comes down to matchups. AC ran the ball down Burns’s throat and Shelby tried to finesse it and Burns has the athletes to match Shelby’s receivers.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Shelby needs a little bit of a tweak in offensive scheme. Whether we can run it or not we still have to try. Also when the score was 20-14 and we had the ball a couple of times all the receivers just went down the field near the sidelines the middle of the field was wide open. We are running 5 wide most of the time and should have receivers breaking all over the field but don't they just run down the field. Need some serious adjustments to our route running. Somehow figure out what is going on with the O line other than they are not hitting anyone. It might be that we just don't have the talent there this year, the kids I'm sure are trying hard. However we seem to be getting worse after 3 games instead of improving. Hopefully it all turns around.
A huge play late was when sweezy threw a ball directly to a shelby player and it hit him in the numbers and he dropped it. This would have tied it at 20 ...burns got the breaks it needed

A huge play late was when sweezy threw a ball directly to a shelby player and it hit him in the numbers and he dropped it. This would have tied it at 20 ...burns got the breaks it needed
Lawndog you a being kind, Burns totally dominated this game and they made their breaks with hard work.

Got a ruling on the bizarre kickoff return. The call was unsportsmanlike conduct, taunting. That is a dead ball foul. Shelby had a big block and stood over a Burns player.

Reactions: seadog28
That's what was explained to the coaching staff. Whether that's true or not..........who knows?

Got a ruling on the bizarre kickoff return. The call was unsportsmanlike conduct, taunting. That is a dead ball foul. Shelby had a big block and stood over a Burns player.

Rookie mistake! In Belmont, we just drag our nuts over top and keep moving. Same effect, but no flag!

Reactions: crest91
Our offense isn’t a good measuring stick. The 41 you gave up to AC was not by accident.

Really looked as if Devine took full advantage of the tendencies of Ware.. It was like he was in Wares headset all nite lol

Our offense isn’t a good measuring stick. The 41 you gave up to AC was not by accident.
AC is a good team but we came out and played like crap. It was 7-0 at the half I believe. We didn’t block and did not tackle well at all. You cannot do that against a good team. Whether Shelby is a measuring stick or not I thought we did both well.

AC is a good team but we came out and played like crap. It was 7-0 at the half I believe. We didn’t block and did not tackle well at all. You cannot do that against a good team. Whether Shelby is a measuring stick or not I thought we did both well.
Burns got the job done anyway you slice it, but now your players have to move on from it, because that conference looks awful strong. You could be 4th place and still have a solid team.

Reactions: Bluegolddad
Call me crazy, but this is the strongest I’ve seen the big south since 2006 as a whole. I honestly think a team that finished 5th in this conference could make it past the second round of the playoffs. I don’t think the big south has the strongest team in the state...but I do think it’s the toughest conference in the state this year all around.

Burns got the job done anyway you slice it, but now your players have to move on from it, because that conference looks awful strong. You could be 4th place and still have a solid team.
Couldn’t agree more. 91, this is a very strong conference for sure. There will be some battles!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT