ADVERTISEMENT

Burns vs. Shelby

Lawn12Dog

Sep 13, 2013
I ran in to a Bulldog parent at Lowe's who said the Dogs got a shot Friday night. I won't predict a Bulldog victory but I am sure Coach Devine has corrected a lot from the A.C. game

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
Cleveland County rival game which is always fun. Think Burns needs a low scoring game where they stay ahead of the chains to have a shot. If not, the game could away from them quick.

I think Burns keeps it close for a half and Shelby turns it up in 2nd and wins 31-7

Shelby lost a winnable game against AC Reynolds. Hard to imagine Burns having a shot at beating Shelby. Lions front 7 should stymie any run game Burns tries but that triple option can cause good teams fits if it is blocked properly. Not sure if Burns has a functional passing game but that and Shelby penalties will be key in having a shot at Shelby. Burns D should be able to shut down the anemic Shelby running game and if they blitz on every play they can get to Bess pretty easy . Shelby QB will have to carry the O again this week. Burns is a long shot to win this game , but then again, it is a county rivalry game.

Shelby will have to pass their way to victory. No running game from a program that used to run it down opponents throats. Shelby 28 Burns 14

Reactions: Swo_05
Shelby will have to pass their way to victory. No running game from a program that used to run it down opponents throats. Shelby 28 Burns 14
Hard to believe with all the athletes over there the running game is not solid....i think your score is pretty accurate hitman.

Thing some people dont realize is Ac got 2 scores off Shelby TOs, They did get fg off our D.
Thing I'm looking at is Shelby D been on field way to much, but still playing lights out.
Cant see Burns getting alot running. Inless they can pass some.
And in turn Shelby has to find a running game, to help our passing game.
But I belive we have enough to win
Shelby 28'- Burns 10

One other thing, the pieces are here for this Shelby team to go deep, if the coaches can put pieces in place.
Alot of talent on this team
Shelby probably is a 2 to 3 score better team than the Dogs but these county rival games can get crazy sometimes....maybe Devine is due.

One other thing, the pieces are here for this Shelby team to go deep, if the coaches can put pieces in place.
Alot of talent on this team
O line is beginning the same way they started last year. There has to be improvements made for this team to make a run. Your right every where else they are pretty solid. Good to see Jack on D line.

Burns will have to tackle in open space which will be tough to do. Burns has to find ways for Pryor to get the ball and Shelby has enough speed to keep him contained. The 2 shelby kids from Burns will be too much to handle and can pull away at anytime.

Rivalry games can be interesting so hopefully Shelby will have a turnover or two to give us a shot

I will be there pulling for Burns as usual but I gotta be honest. Just going on how we played against AC and considering we are playing a Shelby team that will be looking to make a statement after a close loss, I could see this one being over by the half. I would love to be wrong but...... Shelby 49 Burns 7.

The only reason Burns beat AC Reynolds was because Devine didn't tell AC Reynolds what kind of offense they were running. So coach Law prepared for a spread offense. That is fact, heard that from a Shelby coach.

The only reason Burns beat AC Reynolds was because Devine didn't tell AC Reynolds what kind of offense they were running. So coach Law prepared for a spread offense. That is fact, heard that from a Shelby coach.

Wow....well I’ll tell you right now, Crest likes to run the veer offensive but sometimes uses a i formation, then suddenly switches to a single back, but then BAM all of a sudden Crest audibles to a shotgun only to finish in a wild cat...and apparently Alexander Graham Bell (guy who invented the telephone) or the guy who founded the internet must be geniuses, because without them we wouldn’t have football. Period! Thank you for that enlightenment! I for one am very thankful. I’ll be sure Eddins tells Ware every offensive play he plans on Crest running.

Bottom line Ac is pretty good team.
I'm sure coach wasnt about to show what they had in jambo.
I know couple of those LB, and running backs didnt play.
As for our game, 7 turnovers are hard to overcome. Shelbys D did there job, Ac really only scored 3, 2 TDs were off fumbles.
Shelby has to find a run game, and a way to get rid of ball due to lack of line play..
Still think this team is really talented and will jell

Looking from the outside but if Burns O struggled with AC D then Burns O will struggle with Lions D.

If we look at scores concerning AC Reynolds, they lost to S Durham, who in turn got blowed out by Cardinal Gibbons last week. Either Cardinal Gibbons is that good, or AC and Shelby are not that good. I hope it’s the former but time will tell.

That is officially the dumbest thing I’ve ever read in my life. I mean dumb! I would rather read CNN headlines. So had Devine told Laws then Burns would have gotten blow out. Could it possibly be that Burns did something Shelby can’t do? Run the ball against ACR? I know they had a few out from what I have read and Shelby may beat us but to say all that is just stupid. Blocking and Tackling. We did it and they didn’t. If Burns can pressure Bess we can keep it close but if Burns can run it and throw here and there while putting a little pressure on a Bess... watch out. Wishful thinking but what if?

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
Shelby has to learn how to block. I know AC Reynolds was better overall than Freedom but the O line play got worse from game 1 to game 2. Can't run if you don't block and pretty soon won't be able to pass either cause our QB will get busted up. This is why 7 on 7 isn't a true test of a football team.

Shelby has to learn how to block. I know AC Reynolds was better overall than Freedom but the O line play got worse from game 1 to game 2. Can't run if you don't block and pretty soon won't be able to pass either cause our QB will get busted up. This is why 7 on 7 isn't a true test of a football team.
May need to focus on more lineman camps versus 7 on 7?

14 points in a half against AC is not lights out by any stretch but for the type of offense is not bad .
Looking from the outside but if Burns O struggled with AC D then Burns O will struggle with Lions D.

May need to focus on more lineman camps versus 7 on 7?

lol I remember getting blasted by a Shelby Noob last year when I mentioned the Oline was the weak spot. It still seems to be this season as well...we all know that Shelby makes their money w skill guys regardless.

lol I remember getting blasted by a Shelby Noob last year when I mentioned the Oline was the weak spot. It still seems to be this season as well...we all know that Shelby makes their money w skill guys regardless.
It’s hard sometimes to take criticism from an opposing fan who supports a team that was 2-9 or 1-10 can’t remember?

2-9 it was...
1.10 is the collective GPA of the Shelby Football team...i know its hard to read sometimes :)
Come on Rev, after two hours of pacing and fuming and writing your responses down on paper. This is the response you came up with? Lay down the bitterness my friend, it’s not a good look. You used to be better than this. But on a side note, can we have Hopper back for Friday so he can help our running game?

I ran in to a Bulldog parent at Lowe's who said the Dogs got a shot Friday night. I won't predict a Bulldog victory but I am sure Coach Devine has corrected a lot from the A.C. game
From a outsiders view I think this game will show more clearly the directions that each team is going.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT