ADVERTISEMENT

Wilson Beddingfield @ Clinton RD 2

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
I know absolutely nothing about Beddingfield but looking at their games this year they beat Washington and 4 of their 5 loses came by 8 points or less the only blowout was their lost against Southwest Edgecomb...Pretty sure this will be the first time these programs have played...like I said before I believe we go as far as the offensive line will take us we have the running backs that can give any defense a fit all 3 went over 100 yards last night...I think we continue to build on that momentum and with the help of some home field advantage make it into the 3rd round......we got to tighten up our special teams coverage been a issue all year...

From what I'm hearing on another site they are a defensive team who's offense rellies on the defense given them short fields....heard they have some beef on the d line but if they are slow I see Skinner and Wright eatinb them up to the outside similar to the East Bladen game

Yes, they rely mostly on their defense, as their offense doesn't put up as many points as the Dark Horses. I think Clinton wins this round, but definitely will have to clean up the penalties and special teams play, particularly kickoffs. I don't know what they are doing with their kicker, but he really needs to tighten up on kickoffs. I've seen games where he drilled the ball 5 yards deep into the end zone, and then the next kick is 20 yards short of the end zone. I've been told that he was lazy, that he didn't even come out to camp this summer. He needs to get on the ball, because it is costing us.

Idk about the details but yes they really need to tighten it up before it cost them a game...don't know if its the kicker seems like the coverage guys have problems in persuit and making the tackle last night the kid from NB broke maybe 5 or 6 tackles it was ridiculous literally the whole KO team was around him and he just broke loose....normally you don't use your best defensive players for KO coverage but we may need to start cause I would hate to lose a game cause we can t cover a KO....or we let them return it t the 50 and the defense has their back against the wall already....field position is really going to be important especially when you think ahead i .e HP Andrews

I agree. We cannot continue to pooch kick or kick the ball out of bounds....kick it out of bounds and the other team is just going to make you re-kick. I am confident Clinton will move on to Round 3, and hopefully Northside can pull off an upset, allowing Clinton to have another home game!

Side note Clintons Ryheem Skinner only 233 yards away from another 2,000 yard season only other back to do that at Clinton Nick Cooper in 05 and 06 with that being said...who is Clinton's all time leading rusher???? Is it Cooper? Or is it Henry/Parker....gotta start thinking after back to back 2,000 yard seasons and still one more to go that Ryheem could break that record next year

Side note Clintons Ryheem Skinner only 233 yards away from another 2,000 yard season only other back to do that at Clinton Nick Cooper in 05 and 06 with that being said...who is Clinton's all time leading rusher???? Is it Cooper? Or is it Henry/Parker....gotta start thinking after back to back 2,000 yard seasons and still one more to go that Ryheem could break that record next year

Well Nic wasn't on Varsity as a Sophomore I don't think, although I could be wrong. But Nic had 2600yrds his Senior year and Raheem won't get to that number, However I believe he could reach the overall total rushing yard record which is probably around the 6k yrd mark, although I don't know officially but considering no other back hit over 2k yards I would say that 6k is probably close.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Cooper was on varsity his sophomore year he was apart of that 3 headed monster him Onyx Martin and LA Raynor all went over 1,000 yards that season

Nick Cooper is the all time leading DarkHorse rusher. He was brought up as a sophomore That 2004 season Clinton had three 1,000 yards rushers, Nick, Onyx and LA Raynor. They were beaten in the 2nd round of the playoffs at SWO.

Since when do playoff stats count towards your totals?

Since as long as I remember...Cooper hit 2,000 in the State championship game in 05 it all counts......Willie Parker would of broke 2,000 yards in 98 but Clinton got upset in the 3rd round

Bedingfield is a spread team on offense with some speed on the outside. Their lineman are big up front and the Qb is an athlete. They beat Farmville Central 40-0 and passed it all over the field. Clinton better be prepared or they could have a hard time.

Beddingfield isn't as spread as they used to be. They ran the ball all night against us, unsuccessfully, and the only reason why they had over 100 yards pastings was due to an 81 yard bomb in which our db slipped and fell on the coverage. That was one score. Another score came on a 35 yard drive. The other score they had was the only one they truly earned, going 60 yards. They may have passed it against Farmville, but it was only 7-0 going into the fourth before a defensive scoring barrage ballooned the score. They do have big linemen though. But I don't think Clinton has much trouble against them, especially when it comes to stopping their lackluster O.

Beddignfield's maxpreps roster shows about a half dozen guys who weigh at least 250 lbs. + and are at least 6' tall; i.e. likely these aren't butterballs who can't get up out of a stance.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Beddignfield's maxpreps roster shows about a half dozen guys who weigh at least 250 lbs. + and are at least 6' tall; i.e. likely these aren't butterballs who can't get up out of a stance.

SWE98 said they were able to beat them outside they play in the same conference so ima assume he knows what he is talking about.....expect Clinton to attack the edges

With Besdingfield being slow on the edges could be a big night for Skinner

Beddingfield is NOT slow. They are big on the line and fast and athletic where they need to be. I have seen them play. Clinton should win, but don't think you are going to run all over them. Hope Clinton has some athletic DBs. If not it might be a long night for there defense.

I've seen them play too. Week 11. Maybe they were worn out over the course of the season. But overall team speed was not a strong suit for the defensive line or the offensive skill players.

Well I think ima go with SWE 98 on this one....and Clinton has very athletic DBs and fast

I live in Wilson and watch them play more than once a year. If you contain the QB and keep the receivers in front no problem. If you don't, then they will pass. They are inconsistent with the offense, has been their problem all year. They have ran more this year than in the past. If you contain the QB you contain their offense.

That was one thing that shocked me when we played them...the amount of running they did. They didn't attempt many passes, which surprised everyone in Cougar blue. Beddingfield throws the ball. I don't know what the gameplan was, but I think they would have been way more successful had they done that, because they ran directly into our defensive strength and failed. Aside from that game, Beddingfield's defense has been awesome all year, and I don't think that Clinton with enjoy as much offensive success as they are used to. But I do think that they will score enough to keep Beddingfield's anemic offense at bay. Clinton will HAVE to score more than 20 to feel comfortable. Anything less will fall right into Bfield's hands and could make things interesting. Clinton...more than 20 = win. Less than 20 = coin flip.

We did a good job containing Tiger Bryant last week who is lightning in a bottle if he gets loose...I think we will be fine but it depends on the offensive line we live or die with them

It has surprised everyone this year how much they have ran. Most of the time they are pass first still, but run a lot more. Two receivers have 15 combined TDs, that number is usually a lot higher. I agree if it is low scoring Beddingfield has an edge, but I think Clinton gets the W.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT