ADVERTISEMENT

Oak Grove @ North Davidson round 2 take 2

man... this post spiraled quickly! Looking forward to a good game Friday night between OG & ND.
It is always tough to beat a good team twice in one year. OG has a great coaching staff who will have their team ready. ND has a very underrated coaching staff. Both teams have great players and I expect a great game. Despite the obvious heated rivalry, it has been amazing to see the communities come together for 2 of their own. The Hill kid who is fighting Cancer along with the Craven kid who tragically lost his father to an automobile accident. Just proves you can be fierce competitors on the field and still have a common respect off. At the end of the day, this is JUST high school football. Both communities are creating great young men who will be contributors for years to come.

As for the recruiting comments, I give credit to the parents of kids who deserve better. OG, ND & Ledford invest into their student athletes. Both on the field AND OFF. Something that Lexington and Thomasville have failed to do for years. The difference now, Parents are willing to stand up for their kids and make the necessary changes the RIGHT way, to put their kids in the best opportunities to be successful, AGAIN, both ON and OFF the field.

If anyone is salty about such, they should take an honest moment to reflect and possibly look in the mirror. Until things change in Leadership at the top of both districts, I expect we continue to see more of the same. And rightfully so!

So, for any of you on here that want to cast stones, maybe you should load your stones up and come to the game Friday night and see the difference of 2 engaged communities first hand. Then compare it to the product on display at Tville & Lexington.

It will speak for itself! Good Luck to both teams Friday night. I personally plan to be there watching what I expect to be a GREAT high school atmosphere and an even better high school football game.

I mean, the only thing people in Welcome and Wallburg have to do is watch high school football. Not like you guys have anything else better to do than invest in sports. Thomasville missed on a few guys but not everyone who plays for the Bulldogs trying to go in the NFL. Everyone I knew played for the fun of the game. But hey, we have some guys doing well with coaching and other careers. Our neighbors in HP Andrews, and Central done more than ether school and that's not counting other schools at your level in the triad. So yeah, not impressive on your parts.

Sure, lets rate the product on display. Thomasville had one bad decade of football while ND, ledford had their first good decade of football since forever. OG is a new school that can pull in a lot good kids like ever other new school does, no surprise. At the end of the day Thomasville has 8 championships and Lexington 2 while the communities that care and invest so much have none.

Nobody salty sept you guys getting your thongs in a twist cause I said recruiting. Ah well, must be doing something illegal out there in the sticks.😁

On a side note, prayers to the ND QB with his fight with cancer and the OG kid who lost his father.

Reactions: THSochocinco
Bad decision so far playing a 9th grade QB. Not sure what for or why but man he has already thrown two picks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT