ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern vs the field

Maybe we are overrated. I guess it’s possible Brian Simmons and the computers are jus smarter than we are.
No that just isn’t the case at all, hell they still think Monroe is unbeatable with their bowing out in the 3d round.i wouldn’t pay any attention at all what the posters say in fact in most cases, I’d say the opposite
The story of this game I think is going to be who’s going to be able to stop who? I think 3 quality stops (force punt, turnover or turnover on downs) could be the difference. Count them

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: daagoob
No that just is t the case at all, hell they still think Monroe is unbeatable with their bowing out in the 3d round.i wouldn’t pay any attention at all what the posters say in fact in most cases, I’d say the opposite
Your right. Monroe should not be above a lot of teams still in it since they lost but like we said before the bracket is all that matters now.

@Maiden Creek 3XL I’m trying to get that Northeastern shirt for you my friend. Go Blue Devils 👿

Did you see that hit Creek? We actually saw it up close in real time and could hear it in the stands, it was brutal 💯
Yes I did. I showed it to my baby girl yesterday as we sat around after eating too much.

She likes the Detroit Lions…heck…she knew the players names better than I did. I had a good time watching the game with her…. as she raised cane at the TV watching them lose. 😂

Good stuff!

Recently changed their name to Cumberland/all of Sampson county Stadium. GO CLINTON U!
Stay petty, lol.
Those Nash Cent running backs would have ran for 800 yds on those little puppies WRH put out for a defense this year. 😬😎

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Stay petty, lol.
Those Nash Cent running backs would have ran for 800 yds on those little puppies WRH put out for a defense this year. 😬😎
We (West Craven) stayed with them for the first half. We had a roughing the kicker penalty that really really hurt us and put us behind the 8 ball. We just never recovered from that dumb mistake. But it made me feel better about our team as I kept hearing the score updates while I was at NE tonight.

We (West Craven) stayed with them for the first half. We had a roughing the kicker penalty that really really hurt us and put us behind the 8 ball. We just never recovered from that dumb mistake. But it made me feel better about our team as I kept hearing the score updates while I was at NE tonight.
The DarkHorses being down 2tds in the first half, recovered taking a 27-26 halftime lead
The DarkHorses dominated the 2nd half

Reactions: daagoob
The DarkHorses being down 2tds in the first half, recovered taking a 27-26 halftime lead
The DarkHorses dominated the 2nd half
I figured Nash Central would be a tougher game for Clinton. I was a little surprised at the first half scores as they came in to me and Goob. I had told Goob before the game Clinton should win by 4 td’s. So I was close.

@Wizard of the East my cousin in Arkansas won tonight so they play in the State championship in Little Rock next weekend. So I will miss the showdown between you and Goob! I’ll be watching on NFHS though! Bo had 270 yards rushing tonight and 5td’s as they came back from being down 35-19 at the half! He has played in a state championship every year he has been in high school. He won a ring as a freshman and lost the last 2. I’m hoping he can go out with another ring. I’m proud of him. He’s a fine young man. Probably going to play for Arkansas State unless a surprise offer comes along.

What happened to our new announcer in the press box ? I was so disappointed he didn’t call the game tonight. I sure hope he’ll be back next season. Coach Moore make sure he’s calling our games next season. 😀

Reactions: Maiden Creek
@Wizard of the East my cousin in Arkansas won tonight so they play in the State championship in Little Rock next weekend. So I will miss the showdown between you and Goob! I’ll be watching on NFHS though! Bo had 270 yards rushing tonight and 5td’s as they came back from being down 35-19 at the half! He has played in a state championship every year he has been in high school. He won a ring as a freshman and lost the last 2. I’m hoping he can go out with another ring. I’m proud of him. He’s a fine young man. Probably going to play for Arkansas State unless a surprise offer comes along.
That’s great, I hope he goes out with another ring.
A Georgia assistant coach was at our game tonight. You know who he was looking at!
The 2nd half the DarkHorses made defensive adjustment keeping those two fast NC running backs from turning the corners because if the did they were gone! Many have said this season they would like to know how the team would react if they got 2 touchdowns behind against a good team. DarkHirse fans found out tonight!

That’s great, I hope he goes out with another ring.
A Georgia assistant coach was at our game tonight. You know who he was looking at!
The 2nd half the DarkHorses made defensive adjustment keeping those two fast NC running backs from turning the corners because if the did they were gone! Many have said this season they would like to know how the team would react if they got 2 touchdowns behind against a good team. DarkHirse fans found out tonight!
Yea that was a good test for Clinton. I think next weeks game will be another great one. I’ll admit I have had my doubts about NE being able to hang with the stronger teams defensively. Tonight I saw they were up for the task. I don’t think it’s a given now that Clinton wins the East like I did a couple of weeks ago. Clinton will have to play another tough game. I’ll be watching from Arkansas.

Skip to the 5:50 mark. I find it sad that the Greenville and Washington area Tv stations don’t cover our games. This game tonight was the best game in the east and thank heavens for our friends from Wavy 10 Friday Night Flights for showcasing our game.

Reactions: Chopper747
Yea that was a good test for Clinton. I think next weeks game will be another great one. I’ll admit I have had my doubts about NE being able to hang with the stronger teams defensively. Tonight I saw they were up for the task. I don’t think it’s a given now that Clinton wins the East like I did a couple of weeks ago. Clinton will have to play another tough game. I’ll be watching from Arkansas.
When you play opponent in the 5th rou nd of a playoff, it’s gonna be tough
I might add, not just Clinton but all teams remaining will be playing an additional half of a regular season. It grueling at this point!

A few stats from our game against Whiteville

#5 Tyselle Spencer had 32 carries for 215 yards

#4 Devaughn Bell returned from injury after missing the Princeton game and led our defense with 10 solo tackles and 2 assists. We really could’ve used him against Princeton.

#10 Sophomore Jaylin Mallory had 11 tackles with 7 of them being solo, huge performance by him last night

#16 Junior Maurice Bowser came up big with 9 tackles with 7 being solo.

#11 Jayden Armstrong with that one big sack for a twelve yard loss and finished with 7 solo tackles. That was a big play and it came at a good time

#82 Sophomore kicker Peyton Paris being rock solid and hitting both pat attempts and also making a 22 yard fg that ended up being the deciding factor in our win. I was absolutely floored when that moment happened. What a game kid!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT