ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers much appreciated for McDowell athletics

TitanDan2001

Nov 15, 2001
Let me first say that it has been many years since I have been on this message board. Sites such as NC preps always loved when it came to fun banter and discussing high school athletics.

I don’t know how many of the old school folks are still on the site, but I wanted to share the news that i and others in the McDowell County community learned this morning.

We received word that former McDowell Titan football player and basketball player, Terrance “Buggy Kincaid passed away on Sunday night.

Buggy was a 2008 graduate of McDowell High School, so we’re talking someone in their early-mid 30’s.

Without argument, he is the greatest male athlete in the 50-plus year history of McDowell High School.

2007 AP 1st team All-State running back. (300 rush attempts 2,654 yds, 27 TD’s)

MHS all-time leading rusher (535 attempts, 4,810 yds, 47 TD’s). Take into account he didn’t play varsity as a freshmen and tore his ACL in preseason of his sophomore year.

Top single game performance (382 rushing yards) vs East Rutherford in 2006.

As of a couple years ago he owned the North Carolina record for rushing yards per game (218.6) and career average distance of touchdown runs (45.3 yards).

————-

That was just his football stats.

This guy was a 2x NW4A all-conference selection in basketball. Averaged 15.8 points, 8.3 assists, 6.7 rebounds, 4.1 steals per game as a senior (2007-08). His assist totals were best in the state and he shot the ball at a 58% clip for the entire season.

2 NW4A conference tournament championships
1 NW4A season championship
1 4A West Regional Appearance

Inducted into McDowell Athletics Hall of Fame (2022)

——-

Going back to the football side of things, while McDowell did not have particularly good teams back then, Buggy single-handedly put butts in the stands because they wanted to see what he would do next.

Needless to say a lot of people from that timeframe is heartbroken to learn of this news today.

I remember writing about him a lot. Thoughts and prayers to McDowell HS community.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT