ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern vs the field

Didn't expect what? NE has been a top tier program in the state year in and year out. Now, a team looking up wonders, how do we upset them. And the big red flag is the defense gives up a lot of points to teams they shouldn't. A team like SWE, will have to play nearly perfect and try to hang around close enough to try to steal a win late in the game. Now, it's seems as though special teams could come into factor with a struggling kicker and according to the max preps reporter the kick off team gave up a couple big returns. I'm not sure if that is correct because he reported some other line of scrimmage stuff wrong. #4 being y'all's best defender is probably on the kick off team, and is really missed in that aspect of the game. If a team can be within 6 points, with 3 mins to go, how do you like your chances?
Love our chances, as stated earlier we’ve had close games with Bertie,Rocky Mount,and Hertford County. We know how to win even if it’s not pretty. Something that should be noted is that our special teams on offense are outstanding and Princeton wouldn’t kick to us. They kept trying onside kicks and pooch punting away from our return guys. Maybe other teams wouldn’t be affected by the loss of their top defensive player but it greatly affected us because we had no replacements for him.

I was just agreeing with what's already been said and added my opinion lol. It's not like anybody's wrong. Hell, we don't have a top tier defense either. But you know who does? Whiteville. And I've spent all this time talking about a matchup with NE when we might not even be there. But as far as what I think would happen if we advanced.....60-61, one team over the other lol.
I also think it would be high scoring

After what I seen last night, Clinton will be crowned soon. I ain’t pulling for’em but they gonna win it.
They played a team the likes of Camden County. Martin County was the beneficiary of a great seed and in reality was clearly a 20something seed. So SE wins that match and then beat a Cummings team that was clearly not playing good for whatever reason. Northeastern or Hertford County would’ve put a running clock on them also. It’s crunch time now and in all due respect Princeton gave us everything they had last night but the game was never in question. We had a game like Wrh against Hertford County where we kept getting hit with big penalties (personal fouls/chop blocks/etc). Many of these were deserving and they kept the score closer than what it actually was. We will be just fine and posters on here shouldn’t crown the 910 All stars champs just yet. We are one of the smallest schools in the 2a classification and we don’t have the added advantage of having players transfer in from Fayetteville and surrounding areas including Duplin County. I wish we had it like that but we don’t so we do the best with our local kids that don’t live in the Pasquotank High School district

U know i been on this forum for 5 years.This guy keep saying northeastern every year.One yr Itz the freshwater brothers next year Santa Claus going to take us to promise land.Your defense gives up to many points.Will not happen on Clinton defense
We haven’t won a state championship but our program has been more successful in the playoffs than almost everyone outside of Reidsville or Wrh. Nobody gave East Duplin a chance last year, myself included, and they ended up shocking everyone. Our Eagles and Hertford County may not beat Clinton but I can assure you that they will get pushed. Northeastern has played in three state championship games in 12 years, not to many teams can say that. We are who we are this season and we know our offense will have to carry us.

I remember you saying that a couple years ago when they went up there and beat your Dark Horses. Goob you made these guys hate your team. 🤣🤣

All seriousness the NE team is foreal. Their defense does enough and offense is the best in 2a East. I wasn’t a believer until I saw them tonight. Throw and pass. Extremely balanced. A lot of the reason I think the defense isn’t as good is bc nobody goes both ways. Maybe that will change when/if the see Clinton.
This was a great post by the way, thank you

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Northeastern 6’2 Jr quarterback Tre Jones is sitting at #1 in Nc 2a for passing yards. This coming of a 22-30 for 387 yard game against Princeton last Thursday. What makes this more impressive is that he has far less passing attempts than any of the other top qbs at the 2a level. It definitely helps that he has a handful of explosive receivers that can take it to the house if they get a step on their defender.

Northeastern 5’10 Sr rb Tyselle Spencer is sitting at #5 in Nc 2a for rushing yards with 2,276. He only has 146 carries which should definitely open some eyes. The player sitting at #1 has 274 carries and just over 400 yards more than Tyselle.

We have two receivers in the top 20 receiving yards in 2a. Tyquan Harney is sitting at #9 with 910 receiving yards in only 8 games. The eight players above him have all played in at least 11 games. Harney has been on a tear since coming back from injury. Sitting at #16 is Tyell Saunders with 750 yards. These two players have been unstoppable as of late and they are dynamic.

Our game against Whiteville is going to be a classic. If you love hsfb and live anywhere in eastern Nc you don’t want to miss this showdown. Calpreps says Northeastern is not only going to lose but lose bad. I like to think it’ll be much closer and high scoring.

Camden County Strong 🐻

@Wizard of the East I understand where you come from. You and I are just alike in many ways. Nothing that you post on these boards offends me and I always have your back 100%. I would never try and belittle a fellow poster of my team. When I saw this,amongst other things, it really opened my eyes. Best of luck to your Darkhorses Friday night, I don’t see your team having any problems with Nash Central

@Wizard of the East I understand where you come from. You and I are just alike in many ways. Nothing that you post on these boards offends me and I always have your back 100%. I would never try and belittle a fellow poster of my team. When I saw this,amongst other things, it really opened my eyes. Best of luck to your Darkhorses Friday night, I don’t see your team having any problems with Nash Central
thanks daagoob

Reactions: daagoob
U know u want clinton to lose goob

Reactions: dogs79
@daagoob If only you knew the whole story. Good luck to your eagles.

@daagoob If only you knew the whole story. Good luck to your eagles.
Well I will say this, Wiz has always supported us on these threads even when his team was down. There’s not to many from your area that did that. Whether it was genuine I don’t know, but I like to think it was. On the other hand I could tell you some things that have been said outside these forums that were way out of line. Even what was said about 91 and his son was out of line and never should’ve been posted on these boards. For as much bs as he posted over the years with all his screen names he never took it to far with anyone. That guy came after our team with everything he had but I still liked him for some crazy reason. Now he’s gone and these boards aren’t the same. I could always count on him to tell me how bad we were going to get curb stomped and that down south football is a different kind than what we play. A lot of posters probably don’t miss that but I do. Just look at our thread with Whiteville, there’s no back n forth over there and to be honest the thread is lame. If he was up here that thread would be 🔥🔥 and it should be.

Doesn't matter what people want or who they pull for. Those players and coaches will decide it on the field. And everyone on here from the east anyway knows Clinton is the clear favorite.
Big favorites and it’s unanimous, that is with the exception of Calpreps.

Well I will say this, Wiz has always supported us on these threads even when his team was down. There’s not to many from your area that did that. Whether it was genuine I don’t know, but I like to think it was. On the other hand I could tell you some things that have been said outside these forums that were way out of line. Even what was said about 91 and his son was out of line and never should’ve been posted on these boards. For as much bs as he posted over the years with all his screen names he never took it to far with anyone. That guy came after our team with everything he had but I still liked him for some crazy reason. Now he’s gone and these boards aren’t the same. I could always count on him to tell me how bad we were going to get curb stomped and that down south football is a different kind than what we play. A lot of posters probably don’t miss that but I do. Just look at our thread with Whiteville, there’s no back n forth over there and to be honest the thread is lame. If he was up here that thread would be 🔥🔥 and it should be.
I understand your points. Can’t really comment on any of the other stuff as I don’t know the whole story, I just know I’ve all but quit posting on preps because of a few public and not public comments directed at me by some fellow posters. All I’ll say is if you want more details come find me next week I’ll explain. Go Eagles! Can’t pull for anyone with a “Wolfpack” as a mascot. Nope. No way.

Reactions: dogs79 and daagoob
I'm taking the field because of our defense not saying we can't win but our defense sucks
I agree with James. It’s unlikely you can count on out scoring everyone. Possible but unlikely. Usually there is a team or two that will slow your offense down or you turn the ball over multiple times.

I think Clinton checks the offensive and defensive boxes. Who knows, these are high schoolers and anything can happen.

I understand your points. Can’t really comment on any of the other stuff as I don’t know the whole story, I just know I’ve all but quit posting on preps because of a few public and not public comments directed at me by some fellow posters. All I’ll say is if you want more details come find me next week I’ll explain. Go Eagles! Can’t pull for anyone with a “Wolfpack” as a mascot. Nope. No way.
Goob I haven’t been following preps board for 2A for all that long. Usually a Thomasville follower, but all this offseason talk about “the U” got me interested and needless to say the threads bashing and praising Clinton have been fun to read and occasionally join in on.

I wish you Eagles all the best, you seem like a good dude. Never met 04, but from his broadcasts he seems like a good guy too. Wiz, comes off as cocky and a little senile but overall probably a good guy as well.

However, I do have a friend in Clinton that let me in on some info about what 04 and Wiz had come between them. Also heard 04 is on the outs from Clinton’s HC due to some stupid petty stuff that happened well over a year ago, that is why he never interviews him, it’s always someone else, but I don’t know to much more details on that either.

It’s thanksgiving, I’m thankful for this board, for most posters on here, and of course my wife and her good ol country roads mountain style cooking. She has got to step it up though as recently her beaver has been a little gritty. Don’t think she skinned it right last time.

Last edited:
They have done it before tho! Hopefully it happens
I watched those highlights of that game. Swore I saw NE under center a few times offensively. Their defense in that game was the key. Clinton couldn’t get going offensively, freshwater was big. The kids that went out for the coin toss were way bigger than the Clinton boys.

Reactions: daagoob
Wolfpack will be eating raw lamb Saturday night!

State has won like 10 of the last 15 times they have played.
Good for them. Still like 30 games behind on the overall record. Honestly you need these two teams to win back n forth. Adds to the rivalry. Carolina has had a 7 year winning streak twice. What is states longest winning streak vs UNC (serious question) cause idk.

Looked it up, state has 2 (5 game winning streaks) vs UNC. Carolina had a 9 game winning streak.

Overall record: UNC 68-38-6
Longest streak: UNC 9 (1943-1955)
Current winning streak: NCSU (2)
Record since 2000: UNC 9-14

Goob I haven’t been following preps board for 2A for all that long. Usually a Thomasville follower, but all this offseason talk about “the U” got me interested and needless to say the threads bashing and praising Clinton have been fun to read and occasionally join in on.

I wish you Eagles all the best, you seem like a good dude. Never met 04, but from his broadcasts he seems like a good guy too. Wiz, comes off as cocky and a little senile but overall probably a good guy as well.

However, I do have a friend in Clinton that let me in on some info about what 04 and Wiz had come between them. Also heard 04 is on the outs from Clinton’s HC due to some stupid petty stuff that happened well over a year ago, that is why he never interviews him, it’s always someone else, but I don’t know to much more details on that either.

It’s thanksgiving, I’m thankful for this board, for most posters on here, and of course my wife and her good ol country roads mountain style cooking. She has got to step it up though as recently her beaver has been a little gritty. Don’t think she skinned it right last time.
Hey you’re right, I am getting senile, will be 75 my next birthday and not as sharp as I once was.can still recall most DarkHorse stuff. Remember in 2006 my son’s DarkHorse team went to Thomasville for season opening endowment game. Thomasville shalacjed them 36-0. Interestingly that DarkHorses started that season 3-5, then won seven straight (all playoff games on the road) only to lose to Cumming in the state championship game. They did win the Stste championship the year before in 2005 though.

Good for them. Still like 30 games behind on the overall record. Honestly you need these two teams to win back n forth. Adds to the rivalry. Carolina has had a 7 year winning streak twice. What is states longest winning streak vs UNC (serious question) cause idk.
I don’t know either. As for comparing the all time record it would be like Clinton beating Pamlico county and wanting to brag about it. What was State back then NC a&m?

Reactions: Wizard of the East

This is a great post and a funny last paragraph. Thanks for sharing

That Northeastern defense might just might make an appearance Friday night. Don’t say you haven’t been warned

Calpreps

Whiteville 42
Northeastern 31

Reactions: PackHorses
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT