ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock vs Crest

It don't matter how fast you are .When it's coming straight at you.Question is ? Can they hold their ground. About our D. It's like the West Rowan coach said."It's one thing to see it on film...It's another to see it in person"
I think everyone is underestimating our O. When they are motivated. This week the O line will get it done.

crest will run the ball down Havelock throat. they will use their size on them.but the want to call out Shelby.i think we beat yall the last time yall play Shelby.

Come on guys the 2 good teams crest played this year was a battle! There was no running down anybodies throat and from i have read it was crest players getting hurt and missing games.. Do you gus think havelock wont have a gameplan? Do you guys think they are slow and weak? It seems like you guys ate trying to convince yourselves that crest will win. I think i will be a great game between 2 damn good teams!

Go Bears

The biggest question is Crest offense...I think that is what is on everybody's mind...They've been Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde since the Shelby game. The O-line looks awesome versus SWR and Forestview...but looked lost or struggled versus West Rowan and SP...now obviously, we credit those defenses for being disruptive...but to think that Havelock isn't going to come at the Crest O-line with as much (if not more) aggression than West Rowan or SP would be ignorant...The Crest boys are going to have to treat this like the Shelby game...They can't get rattled if everything doesn't go according to plan in the beginning...They can't give up should the worst case scenario happen in the first two quarters...don't listen to everybody talk about the 2010, 2011 and 2013 teams...those were different teams...this year is a different team...we don't have to be doomed to runner up every year...

Crest has won state with less talent before...2003, we struggled bad in the beginning...three straight losses in the first three games...we started conference play, which was pretty much (if not worse) like our conference now...defense only allowed about 10 ppg, and the Offense only scored about 27 ppg...We barely made it to state...I remember that parkland game...shoo boy...I was ready to have a heart attack at the age of 14. But Crest made it to state, after another dog fight with High Point...Eastern Randolph awaited us at Chapel Hill...they said they were going to blow us off the field...they were undefeated, scoring like 35 ppg and the defense was only allowing 10 ppg...The Crest domination in that game still to this day makes me laugh...40-0...

That story just proves that none of us really know what is going to happen Saturday, low scoring, high scoring, blow out one way or the other...I just want it to be fun, and I'll be pulling hard for them boys!!!

Because we're Chargers! and we're better!!

Originally posted by ImaCrestFan:
Rev,
What kind of CLOUD is hanging over the Burns athletic program. Your best football player came from Gaffney, Another transferred from Kings Mountain and one from Shelby. Your best baseball player transferred from Crest. And these are only the ones I personally know about.
Have you contacted the school board about those transfers? Does School Board Member Danny Blanton know you have been actively recruiting from Gaffney, Crest, Kings Mountain and Shelby High Schools?

Just sayin'
"Does School Board Member Danny Blanton know you have been actively recruiting from Gaffney, Crest, Kings Mountain and Shelby High Schools?" (Danny Blanton),he is just a loud mouth disability check drawing joke!! People will vote for anybody these days. He was in the paper last month arguing that cheerleading is a sport. Lol

I don't know who is going to win this game, but I do know whoever loses is going to have a TON of crow to eat. Both teams seem to be on opposite ends of the spectrum about this one.

Rev,
What kind of CLOUD is hanging over the Burns athletic program. Your best football player came from Gaffney, Another transferred from Kings Mountain and one from Shelby. Your best baseball player transferred from Crest. And these are only the ones I personally know about.
Have you contacted the school board about those transfers? Does School Board Member Danny Blanton know you have been actively recruiting from Gaffney, Crest, Kings Mountain and Shelby High Schools?

Just sayin'
lol 7-1 on school board members. Your whole response is a joke, you know good and well that there is and always will be a black cloud on your program (took the bait and ran with it) cause it hit home. not the first time you guys have all these transfers come in, specially from your local schools. Not accusing Barnes of any wrongdoing but lets be real here we all know whats going on btwn the schools board, your "sponsors" and some of these kids. Nothin will ever be done about it of course, but thats why you guys will always have that lil black cloud raining on your program. #NotLegit

Back to the topic at hand... Should be a classic game with athletes all over the field. I honestly think that Crest will have too much for the Rams but am pullin for em.

Originally posted by The_Rev921:
Rev,

Just sayin'
lol 7-1 on school board members. Your whole response is a joke, you know good and well that there is and always will be a black cloud on your program (took the bait and ran with it) cause it hit home. not the first time you guys have all these transfers come in, specially from your local schools. Not accusing Barnes of any wrongdoing but lets be real here we all know whats going on btwn the schools board, your "sponsors" and some of these kids. Nothin will ever be done about it of course, but thats why you guys will always have that lil black cloud raining on your program. #NotLegit " I just thought it was funny you bringing up Danny Blanton's name. He got fired by the county school and has a bone to pick with them. He has always been a loud mouth, trouble maker any where he goes. People that's known him for 20 years like me knows this. There are problems in the school system, but he will add to there troubles. He did the landscaping -cut grass-, when he was fired. He is no whistleblower. He is a charlatan.

This post was edited on 12/11 11:35 AM by ChargerPride1

This post was edited on 12/11 11:41 AM by ChargerPride1

Rev,
I respect your opinion but I'm thinking the opposite. Havelock too has a very nasty defense! I really don't see Crest scoring more than 6-10 points. Havelock will score! They are very patient and will just keep coming at ya from so many differn't ways. Here is a post from another forum

"Your kids showed me something that I was hoping I wouldn't find. Tremendous heart and character. I knew ya had it, but I was hoping that as we pounded away your kids would break. That was our style last year. Your kids never broke. They were not only the fastest, most talented team we faced. ...they were also the toughest and most disciplined. That is why you guys are going for #4
Definately a mentality like none other. Mix that with how they develop their athletes and it's bad news for the rest of us. Like you said, they just get up and hit ya again lol. The most underrated quality they have is their physicality. They are really tough kids"
This post was edited on 12/11 12:34 PM by SoonerFan-in-NC

Originally posted by The_Rev921:
Rev,

Just sayin'
lol 7-1 on school board members. Your whole response is a joke, you know good and well that there is and always will be a black cloud on your program (took the bait and ran with it) cause it hit home. not the first time you guys have all these transfers come in, specially from your local schools. Not accusing Barnes of any wrongdoing but lets be real here we all know whats going on btwn the schools board, your "sponsors" and some of these kids. Nothin will ever be done about it of course, but thats why you guys will always have that lil black cloud raining on your program. #NotLegit
My response in not a joke. You are deflecting. Why won't you answer my question? Is it because you know its true so you think if you continue to point fingers, others will not look at you as the only whining Burns fan that continues to cry about the situation? What is your response to the kids that TRANSFERRED to Burns football team this season?

C'mon Rev, Lets have an open and honest conversation about this. answer my question above would be a good start.

Originally posted by SoonerFan-in-NC:
Rev,
I respect your opinion but I'm thinking the opposite. Havelock too has a very nasy defense! I really don't see Crest scoring more than 6-10 points. Havelock will score! They are very patient and will just keep coming at ya from so many differn't ways. Here is a post from another forum

"Your kids showed me something that I was hoping I wouldn't find. Tremendous heart and character. I knew ya had it, but I was hoping that as we pounded away your kids would break. That was our style last year. Your kids never broke. They were not only the fastest, most talented team we faced. ...they were also the toughest and most disciplined. That is why you guys are going for #4
Definately a mentality like none other. Mix that with how they develop their athletes and it's bad news for the rest of us. Like you said, they just get up and hit ya again lol. The most underrated quality they have is their physicality. They are really tough kids"
...aaaaaaaaaaaand a simultaneous load was just deposited into every *crest fan's pants.

Rev,
I respect your opinion but I'm thinking the opposite. Havelock too has a very nasty defense! I really don't see Crest scoring more than 6-10 points. Havelock will score! They are very patient and will just keep coming at ya from so many differn't ways. Here is a post from another forum

This post was edited on 12/11 12:34 PM by SoonerFan-in-NC
And that statement can be said by every team Crest has played this year also!

I'm gonna love saturday night! I'ts goona be really quiet around here without all the Crest and Shelby fans! If Crest wins, I will be the first with the congrats! But until then... keep thinking the way you are.... You're defense will not be the determing factor! It's gonna be the Offense!
This post was edited on 12/12 9:15 AM by SoonerFan-in-NC

I'm goona love saturday night! I'ts goona be really quiet around here without all the Crest and Shelby fans! If Crest wins, I will be the first with the congrats! But until then... keep thinking the way you are.... You're defense will not be the determing factor! It's gonna be the Offense!
I agree with this. They hate to hear it but their offense hasn't done anything major against quality competition.

I don't see anything in that video that don't happen at every winning high school football program!

Bottom line both teams have to play with 11 players and everyone of them put there pants on the same way every morning!

Soonerfan, If your defense is as good as advertised then this game will come down to a special teams play! how is the Havelock kicker, punter etc...?

I am not deflecting btw, I will be glad to open the conversation up and talk cival about it. Burns did get some transfers, yes. But lets be real about them, were we competing for a state title this year? did those players jump ship from another school because the ship appeared to be sinking? no, they were legit moves. The Gaffney kid I think had a histiry he was getting away from to my understanding and landed at Burns, we benefitted from a good player coming in for sure, THAT DOES HAPPEN OCCASIONALLY RIGHT? your transfer case was completely different, its not whinning, its facts, I have stated before that I/we dont miss them. The whole thing was fishy as is the Crest transfers in the past. this has not been the only incident. Curious also, how many other kids on the team came from another school? I know there was an ER kid and a Thomas Jefferson kid as well, anyone else?

This post was edited on 12/12 9:51 AM by The_Rev921

Really pulling for Crest in this one. If the offense has any success at all, the defense will bring it home. Good luck to the Chargers and the Lions this weekend. Most Raider fans will be pulling for both of you. Just beat Havelock worse than 13-7 and SP will claim 2nd place in the state.

Now back to my story line. I hate those toothless, lying, cheating Chargers who stole most of Burn's team. They suck!

Right about now, there are hundreds and hundreds of boiling springers taking the brick columns down so they can drive their homes up to Raleigh for the game. It's always good to leave those VIN numbers on the house in case *crest makes their annual trip to lose.

3dsmile.r191677.gif

Ralph the Mouth ... What a DANG JOKE..

Originally posted by Trench Warrior:

Originally posted by notashelbyfan:

Crest 20
Havelock 3

Mark it down!
I can only laugh at such foolishness!!!
laugh.r191677.gif

TW
I made this prediction on Tuesday morning and just hours later this is the responce you came back with!

Any thoughts?

Crest 20
Havelock 3

Mark it down!
laugh.r191677.gif

TW
I made this prediction on Tuesday morning and just hours later this is the responce you came back with!

Any thoughts?
No "c" in response!!! Another example of Cleveland Co edge-u-ma-cation at it's finest!! lol

Seriously, I thought Havelock would score a lot more than 3 pts. I knew Crest was tough on defense but I didn't know their offense was that good. I figured their defense would wear down because Havelock would shut down the offense & have the ball all night. WRONG!! Crest's offense abused Havelock's defense and that's what won this game. Awesome performance by the PUKES!! Best team in the state!

TW

Crest 20
Havelock 3

Mark it down!
laugh.r191677.gif

TW

Any thoughts?
No "c" in response!!! Another example of Cleveland Co edge-u-ma-cation at it's finest!! lol

Seriously, I thought Havelock would score a lot more than 3 pts. I knew Crest was tough on defense but I didn't know their offense was that good. I figured their defense would wear down because Havelock would shut down the offense & have the ball all night. WRONG!! Crest's offense abused Havelock's defense and that's what won this game. Awesome performance by the PUKES!! Best team in the state!

TW
Fair enough and thanks for the grammer lesson!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT