ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock vs Crest

TheLock2011

Nov 27, 2012
Can we have a few score predictions without 5 pages of pointless trash talk? I've got havelock 24-14. Crest is honestly the best defense havelock has played in a couple years and I do believe havelock will have trouble scoring. But I don't see anything special about crests offense and I think that will be the difference.

Assuming turnovers are even, I see a 17-14 Crest win. That Crest FG kicker is a good one and will make the difference with a 48 yarder at the horn.

Havelock will be the best offense we have seen, and their defense is very good too. Our defense can hold their own, but the offense has to help them. The defense has bailed them out all year, that will not work against the Rams.

I have no score prediction, but I think it should be a low scoring game. By that I do not think either team will get more than 28 points. I could be wrong, and I usually am.

Raider, I'm just not sure if crests offense will score two TDs. But given there defense, I could see a defensive score along with an offensive td

Crests offense can sputter at times and be plaqued by penalties, but they do have some play makers. If they give the ball to the rb and let him win it for them I think they have a chance. If they get cute and air mail throws or drop balls, they wont have a shot.

As an ACR fan, I have a bunch of respect for Crest and their program. I see a low scoring game with Crest coming out on top, 20-14

Havelock 28 Crest 10.. close game in the first half then Havelock makes the adjustments. Go Rams and go Bears!

I hope they stream this game online. I'd love to see it. Gotta pull for the west here. Give me crest 17-10. Go Chargers!

Stay on your little 2a board or tell your coach to bring shelby to play havelock and get smacked around like I do your sister ☺️

Originally posted by ItsJustWords252:
Havelock 28 crest 14
Havelock will struggle against the Crest defense. Although Crest has only played 2-3 quality offenses in Shelby, SP and Forestview, none of them scored a TD in the first half. Havelock is really good but the Crest D is the real deal. I am not dissing New Bern, but honestly, you folks have never seen a D as fast and physical as this years Crest D.I have seen film of the Rams and I have to say that their defense is the the 2nd best I have seen this year.(Behind Crest) Crest offense will struggle to put points on the board but Crest will find a way through D, special teams or the big play to put at least 21 points on the board.
With all that said, I think Crest will win in the neighborhood of 21-14.

#ChargerNation

Originally posted by notashelbyfan:

Crest 20
Havelock 3

Mark it down!
I can only laugh at such foolishness!!!
laugh.r191677.gif

TW

Crest has not played anyone, Havelock will show them why they are the top program in NC. Havelock 35-7

This will be a defensive low scoring game. A 17-14 kind of slugfest. Turnovers and penalties might sway the eventual outcome. True Football fans know that BOTH teams are legit and deserve to be there. I look for this game to be closer than some of the others. Good Luck to both teams.

The key to this game will be Crest offense... If Crest offense can pull it together I have Crest 24-21.... If Crest offense play like last week then I have it Havelock 35-14.. Although Crest defense has been playing lights out they have not seen an offense close as good and balanced as Havelock. Havelock has seen a good defense in New Bern which could be arguably as good as Crest D. Havelock offense line is good and Crest DL is good so who will win the battle? Is it safe to say that whoever win the OL vs. DL battle will pretty much determine this game? I think so

Havelock gets 4th straight with this one. It will be close as good defense create those kind of situations but if the defense offset each other its the Havelock offense and their playmakers that make the difference. Havelock 21 Crest 7

Thank you to our Western brothers cheering us on...our Crest boys will leave it all on the field.

I will go just the opposite oldschool. Havelock 21-17. Really a toss up but the ra!s pull out a close one .

Gonna be a close one as this is best team Crest faced all year. Would have preferred Crest played a few more good teams this season than the 2 they did play in Shelby and Forestview but everybody can't have an SEC West schedule.

Crest 20
Havelock 17

Crest should have the best defense on the field, but Havelock will have the best defensive player. The Joyner kid is the real deal.

It cracks me up that you Crest guys are saying Crest D is better then New Berns. Wow, you guys are going to be in for a rude awakening against Havelock.

Its funny because the level of competition new bern plays is much greater than what crest plays! I could prolly pick at least 20 teams that would have the same season results as crest with a little better offense.
Crest has given up 1or 2 scores this year. Very impressive. I know you guys have had a great season. Great players and a great coach. That cant be denied.
Heres my question. How bad are the teams you guys are playing if their 1st team offense cant score on your 2nd team defense?

Go Bears

Originally posted by setchamps99:
Its funny because the level of competition new bern plays is much greater than what crest plays! I could prolly pick at least 20 teams that would have the same season results as crest with a little better offense.
Crest has given up 1or 2 scores this year. Very impressive. I know you guys have had a great season. Great players and a great coach. That cant be denied.
Heres my question. How bad are the teams you guys are playing if their 1st team offense cant score on your 2nd team defense?

Go Bears
Really bad. Some of the games shouldn't have happened they were so noncompetitive.

Now I hate crest as much as anyone, they are a black cloud program and always will be with this "transfer" business. To be honest though, their Defense is one of the best I have ever seen, Yes quite possibly better than New Bern! they are strong,big AND fast. Our level of competition is weak in our conference but I can assure you guys that a 4-6 Burns team they smashed is better than most 4-6 teams you will see. Same goes for other teams in our conference. I hope crest loses by 40+ and you prove us wrong! but that is likely not the case and will be a defensive battle!

Havelock 21
Crest 17
This post was edited on 12/10 11:33 AM by The_Rev921

Rev,
What kind of CLOUD is hanging over the Burns athletic program. Your best football player came from Gaffney, Another transferred from Kings Mountain and one from Shelby. Your best baseball player transferred from Crest. And these are only the ones I personally know about.
Have you contacted the school board about those transfers? Does School Board Member Danny Blanton know you have been actively recruiting from Gaffney, Crest, Kings Mountain and Shelby High Schools?

Just sayin'

Originally posted by ImaCrestFan:
Rev,
What kind of CLOUD is hanging over the Burns athletic program. Your best football player came from Gaffney, Another transferred from Kings Mountain and one from Shelby. Your best baseball player transferred from Crest. And these are only the ones I personally know about.
Have you contacted the school board about those transfers? Does School Board Member Danny Blanton know you have been actively recruiting from Gaffney, Crest, Kings Mountain and Shelby High Schools?

Just sayin'
Cmon now, why would anyone want to transfer to Burns unless it was LEGITIMATE! You know we get all the talent in boiling springs! Danny B may the one board member we dont have but we have the rest of them :) . Now back to the game, We win if, the O runs thru harb. He seems to be running with a purpose lately. We give him more touches we control the clock and move the ball. If we try to get cute and become a passing team then i'm afraid we are coming home number 2 again. Low scoring game. I'll give ya my score prediction on sat around 8 pm. The rap video was cute btw. Glad their minds are else where and not the game!

Originally posted by bud_108:
Havelock's Matt Boykin selected to Shrine Bowl
That little fellow balls.

Onto the game:
So, on offense: *crest is a tank (slow and plodding), Havelock is a Ferrari.
Defense: *crest is quick and aggressive. What is Havelock. That is the one thing I haven't heard too much about.

My mid week prediction:
The Champs: 34
*The Asterisk: 24

Havelock has a nasty D!!! They are fast and will lay the wood to you! They create an average of 4 turnovers a game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT