ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 9

And for AMD...who I know is biting his tongue hard and trying to keep his dignity:

πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±

55 tridents for the 55 times we've beaten Bunker Hill.

Keep your head up friend...it was bound to happen eventually. Tonight was their night...

I don’t have a special 4 paragraph editorial for our loss tonight. Was driving when the 4th Q of y’all’s games was being played. No game for me tonight, family time and travel time. Had alittle anger in me to think too much bout football but sometimes we fans need alittle high school ball to take our minds off the world. Who wouldn’t try to do something or somethings fun and relaxing to take their minds off what happened in Israel and whatever else might be happening.

Just to keep it to the subject, yeah Lincolnton played a heck of a game and as I can’t make excuses for us other than so many guys hurt which my goodness how many teams have that many hurt dudes, we didn’t play as good as a lot of EB fans woukda thought and Lincolnton was fired up on all cylinders…and taking that loss to North Lincoln out on the Cavs!! Lol. Just a joke to throw at my buddy Lincolnton. Congrats on Bunker Hill, congrats to those Wolves. Hope that wasn’t too long, enjoy the rest of your day CVACers

Dillinger went down in 3 qt only played Defense the rest of the game football gods don’t like us!!
We’re cursed man. But hey, ole Tom Brown tried to bring us back to life some years later after Shatley graduated. Last times we were ever actually good was early 90s then LONG drought, then 07’ then massive drought, Tom Brown in 15’ we had something together; then…that’s it y’all. I won’t count 96’ at 8-3. They didn’t play anybody cept Crest. Funny how one of our loses was to West Caldwell when they was pretty good.

Then beginning of this year we figured we’re out of the basement finally, then injuries. But hey, one of the best conferences in 2A, so raise a toast to that y’all

Last edited:
Freedom??
He's a freedom alum played and I believe coached there as an assistant. Freedom has a pretty good pipeline of athletes but have been coached poorly for awhile. Hearing he wants that job and his stock is the highest it will ever be this year so he will probably take advantage of that.

Reactions: Burkeforreal
He's a freedom alum played and I believe coached there as an assistant. Freedom has a pretty good pipeline of athletes but have been coached poorly for awhile. Hearing he wants that job and his stock is the highest it will ever be this year so he will probably take advantage of that.
I would thing Draughn's coach he is losing all of his key players and a awful JV team he is from freedom. They might stick with the current coach.

Last edited:
Freedom has been doing less with more in football for the past 2 decades.

Oh Freedom always been in best positions, athletes and all. When Patton was built, it didn’t hurt Freedom much or at all cause most of the tallent that natural Freedom(before Patton) has had was from Oak Hill and Glen Alpine anyway. They’ll be back to beating EB hard again I’m sure. We beat them this year cause they’re down and we were in the up. At the time anyway lol.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Honestly sometimes people just don’t know what they are talking about and to be honest I find it hilarious. Maiden has one of the best program and tons of tradition in the state when it comes to football. So people are going to celebrate and be happy when they beat your program. Bunker Hill hasn’t beaten them in football since 1989, and they finally break through and all you want to talk about is speculation about what the coach may do next year. Stick to the facts. Bunker Hill beat Maiden last night 49-9, and that is what happened. So no matter what you hear or speculate about that happened last night, so quit putting BS like that out there when you really don’t know what you’re talking about. Unless Coach Reid says that to you personally I wouldn’t speak on it. Always remember rumors are passed by fools, spread by haters, and accepted by idiots. Last nights win doesn’t take anything away from the great program Maiden has established over the years. However what it does mean is that they got beat, so have a seat and quietly enjoy your humble pie!

Honestly sometimes people just don’t know what they are talking about and to be honest I find it hilarious. Maiden has one of the best program and tons of tradition in the state when it comes to football. So people are going to celebrate and be happy when they beat your program. Bunker Hill hasn’t beaten them in football since 1989, and they finally break through and all you want to talk about is speculation about what the coach may do next year. Stick to the facts. Bunker Hill beat Maiden last night 49-9, and that is what happened. So no matter what you hear or speculate about that happened last night, so quit putting BS like that out there when you really don’t know what you’re talking about. Unless Coach Reid says that to you personally I wouldn’t speak on it. Always remember rumors are passed by fools, spread by haters, and accepted by idiots. Last nights win doesn’t take anything away from the great program Maiden has established over the years. However what it does mean is that they got beat, so have a seat and quietly enjoy your humble pie!
He is the same guy that tried to say my own brother was going to miss half the season so I take what he says with a grain of salt

Reactions: Dinglebear
And for AMD...who I know is biting his tongue hard and trying to keep his dignity:

πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±πŸ”±

55 tridents for the 55 times we've beaten Bunker Hill.

Keep your head up friend...it was bound to happen eventually. Tonight was their night...
🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻 40 bears for the 40 point loss

He is the same guy that tried to say my own brother was going to miss half the season so I take what he says with a grain of salt
Maybe you should keep your boosters and certain family member a little more tight-lipped. I just post what is going around on the forum if it happens it happens if it don't it doesn't.

Maybe you should keep your boosters and certain family member a little more tight-lipped. I just post what is going around on the forum if it happens it happens if it don't it doesn't.
And maybe you keep your boosters and fans mouths shut about Maiden’s recruiting pipeline. So it goes both ways. Just because people say something doesn’t make it true. Credibility my friend. Only haters post things that they hear and don’t have any validity to them. Post about that L Maiden took last night because that is the only thing that is relevant right now.

Reactions: BunkerHillBear 12
And maybe you keep your boosters and fans mouths shut about Maiden’s recruiting pipeline. So it goes both ways. Just because people say something doesn’t make it true. Credibility my friend. Only haters post things that they hear and don’t have any validity to them. Post about that L Maiden took last night because that is the only thing that is relevant right now.
🐻🐻🐻

Who has ever spilled a source name and still got info ???
Dude I could give a rat's ass what you think about me or your opinion. If we recruited or broke any rules we would have been sanctioned for them by now. Families move it happens every day. If I hear something and it's not detrimental to a kid or a family I'll post it. I was 50% on rumors this year as far as calling it and his rumors go that's a pretty good percentage. Anything I heard that was iffy I never posted because I didn't want to do anything detrimental to the kids current school or situation. So welcome to the forum and if you stick around you're going to hate me a lot

🐻🐻🐻

Who has ever spilled a source name and still got info ???

Dude I could give a rat's ass what you think about me or your opinion. If we recruited or broke any rules we would have been sanctioned for them by now. Families move it happens every day. If I hear something and it's not detrimental to a kid or a family I'll post it. I was 50% on rumors this year as far as calling it and his rumors go that's a pretty good percentage. Anything I heard that was iffy I never posted because I didn't want to do anything detrimental to the kids current school or situation. So welcome to the forum and if you stick around you're going to hate me a lot
🐻🐻🐻🐻49-9

Definitely a beat-down. Not surprised that BH won, but shocked that it was by 40. I posted at the end of last season that I believed the 2023 conference championship would be decided on the first Friday of the conference season when BH played Lincolnton, and that's exactly how it played out. Most Maiden fans knew that this season was going to be a struggle before the season started, and that's also how it played out. But we had a great three-year run in the conference, and a phenomenal run against BH.

Don't sell BH short for next season either. They do have a lot of good juniors, starting with #5. Maiden should be better next season also. We have size, a good QB, and will be more experienced. We also seem to have a pretty good JV team.

Maiden's biggest problem, by far, is a lack of overall team speed and quickness. Not sure where that will come from next year, but we need to find some from somewhere. In today's football world, speed is the name of the game, and that was definitely the biggest difference in last night's game. That was basically the same BH team we beat twice last year, including that 37-14 pounding in the playoffs. But most of our team speed graduated, and theirs didn't. So in one year, we go from the right side of a 37-14 score to the wrong side of a 49-9 score. That's a 63 point swing. Maiden needs to find a way to get quicker and faster for 2024.

Friends, If I could have a moment of you time, last night and into today there has been poking prodding and digs directed at our fellow poster AMD. Why is this? Is it because he is assertive, gruff, brash, opinionated, prideful, a scoffer, a mocker, up in your face and down right insensitive at times, I ask you? Well, never mind that, it’s not important. What is important is that he is a member of the CVAC fraternity of posters, and in spite of all these descriptors listed above he is one of us; and maybe, just maybe, beneath that coarse exterior lies a gentle, kind and sensitive man who is calling out for respect and understanding and more than anything else someone who care very much about how others might perceive him. Yes, I think so. Let his his own words prove how much he really cares:

β€œDude I could give a rat's ass what you think about me or your opinion”

Excerpt of a post by loyal Blue Devil AMD

Now, do you see, Any question? No, and neither do I…You said it all, friend. In your down hour just know we are thinking about you.

That same foard team beat maiden in the playoffs lol
Friends, If I could have a moment of you time, last night and into today there has been poking prodding and digs directed at our fellow poster AMD. Why is this? Is it because he is assertive, gruff, brash, opinionated, prideful, a scoffer, a mocker, up in your face and down right insensitive at times, I ask you? Well, never mind that, it’s not important. What is important is that he is a member of the CVAC fraternity of posters, and in spite of all these descriptors listed above he is one of us; and maybe, just maybe, beneath that coarse exterior lies a gentle, kind and sensitive man who is calling out for respect and understanding and more than anything else someone who care very much about how others might perceive him. Yes, I think so. Let his his own words prove how much he really cares:

Now, do you see, Any question? No, and neither do I…You said it all, friend. In your down hour just know we are thinking about you.

it like us if anybody should be upset this year it should be EB we were going into this year battling for a playoff spot with some talent but it was not to be. I would not wish any injury riddle season like we have had on anyone so lets just chill. We have a great conference with great teams!! We have some talent for next year coming back just never know what might happen! Even out best running went out in the 3 quarter last night so the bad luck keeps coming!!

Can we just be happy for the Kids - I know BH/Maiden it’s a Big time game and all but It’s all about the Kids - BH had lost to Maiden for last few yrs under Reid but they got over the Hump!

The Blue Devils are young so I expect them to be better next yr but That’s Next Year - BH earned this win this yr and It was a massive win for them

Great game , great atmosphere, etc - Nothing like Friday Night Lights!

And It was a honor and privilege on seeing my First BH game with a W over Maiden!

Be nice, u know u will see me Friday night 🀣🀣

Be nice, u know u will see me Friday night 🀣🀣
Oh yeah, for a moment I forgot. It just now flew to mind that I have this shiny white tooth called an implant that cost $5,000. What they do is first is, well, you know what it is.
Anyway, I thought if I contacted my insurance and told them a large bearded man knocked out this form of dental art over a football game comment, I'd probably receive an official letter from them which read: BWAHAHAHAHA ! In the insurance industry that equals NO !
So with this in mind, I'll take your advice. :)

Great game , great atmosphere, etc - Nothing like Friday Night Lights!

And It was a honor and privilege on seeing my First BH game with a W over Maiden!
Speaking of games at Bunker Hill, even though they can't take Bandys and Newton-Conover lightly, and surely they wouldn't, they probably have a good chance of at least two or more playoff games at home. Thinking like playoffs seeding will depend on RPI, I don't have the eyes to figure it, but if I were them I'd feel pretty confident about getting maybe two or three.

Disclaimer: Me saying I don't have the eyes for figuring or reading something is a little true, but mostly it's my latest excuse for being lazy and shiftless and trying to get somebody to do it for me.:D

On to week 10, can’t believe it it’s like every season goes by quicker and quicker.

Season so far in review was not even what I thought. Teams beating down on other teams and games not as close as I thought lol. Newton not as good but EB sure made em look good. West Caldwell same ole same ole. I figured Bandys was gonna do better and appeared they may take the crown and wasn’t gonna surprise me if they did. I guess the whole thing bout every team minus West Caldwell in this conf was any given Friday any of these teams could topple another.

It’ll take time to figure out but as BH puts things together and EB puts things together me personally I won’t even try to say how EB will be next year or try to hype em up. Prob jinxed em doing that this year lol. Both programs alot of seniors leaving most of which are gifted athletes,

On to week 10, can’t believe it it’s like every season goes by quicker and quicker.

Season so far in review was not even what I thought. Teams beating down on other teams and games not as close as I thought lol. Newton not as good but EB sure made em look good. West Caldwell same ole same ole. I figured Bandys was gonna do better and appeared they may take the crown and wasn’t gonna surprise me if they did. I guess the whole thing bout every team minus West Caldwell in this conf was any given Friday any of these teams could topple another.

It’ll take time to figure out but as BH puts things together and EB puts things together me personally I won’t even try to say how EB will be next year or try to hype em up. Prob jinxed em doing that this year lol. Both programs alot of seniors leaving most of which are gifted athletes,
We are done making future predicting. after this crazy year!!

β€œBunker Hill has athletes but I believe they have weaknesses that can lead to their losing in the conference. Offense is pretty but defense wins games”- was a quote from earlier this year that was said in this thread! Bears defense has allowed only 63 points in 8 games ! But kickoff/punt has allowed 21

I found this on NCHSAA concerning tie breaker for RPI which I didn’t know.

What happens if two (2) teams are tied in the final RPI standings?
There is a tiebreaker for this unlikely scenario.
It is as follows:

Head-to-head results between the tied teams
Overall Winning percentage
Opponents’ winning percentage
Opponents’ opponents winning percentage
Highest-rated win (according to the final RPI standings)
Next-highest rated win (exhaust all possibilities)
Draw

Who knew?
Yes!….I’m quoting myself.

Just had a chuckle looking at RPI’s this morning.

Maiden and West Stanly are tied…all the numbers are identical.
I guess Bandys is Maidens’ highest-rated win which would break the tie breaker….I think. πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

Yes!….I’m quoting myself.

Just had a chuckle looking at RPI’s this morning.

Maiden and West Stanly are tied…all the numbers are identical.
I guess Bandys is Maidens’ highest-rated win which would break the tie breaker….I think. πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«
And CVAC currently sits with 6 teams making it in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT