WRH vs Shelby for it all. (Poll)

Let’s go!

• WRH

Votes: 36 23.4%
  • Shelby

Votes: 118 76.6%

• Total voters
Wing T my backside...

I told you guys out east that that pop warner scheme wont work against the west much less a 704 team.

Only reason you made the title game because you got top notch athletes that dont quit. Shows how good Shelby really is on both sides of the ball.

Robert's is the truth and the other backs compliment him well. Bulldogs balled out hard and had alot of heart.

The scheme is trash though. One dimensional.

Congrats to the Lions and wish seniors on both teams the best. I'm glad Kanye got an offer and hope he gets more.

Wrh has nothing to hang their head over sjelby ranks right up there with the greatest 2a teams ive seen. Qb will play on Saturdays in a couple yrs. Congrats kanye on a great career. Dogs represented well
Idk, he has 4.3 gpa. And wanting to take engineering, may not care if right school don't pick him up

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Wing T my backside...

I told you guys out east that that pop warner scheme wont work against the west much less a 704 team.

Only reason you made the title game because you got top notch athletes that dont quit. Shows how good Shelby really is on both sides of the ball.

Robert's is the truth and the other backs compliment him well. Bulldogs balled out hard and had alot of heart.

The scheme is trash though. One dimensional.

Congrats to the Lions and wish seniors on both teams the best. I'm glad Kanye got an offer and hope he gets more.
Ahhh sir do you know how many championships Tarboro,Plymouth, Wallace, Wake Forest, James Keanan, and ext. has won running the wing t.... DO your home work!!!

Congratulations to both teams for achieving the pinnacle of competition. Both teams may not be able to win, but they can both go home knowing they have accomplished greatness.

Shelby Congrats on a great win.

Shelby just has too many guns. Their QB really played well and he had time all night to throw or run. If there had been split conference's this year (which I was a fan of) then both these teams would be holding the trophy tonight. I think this WRH team was as good as 2017. Consider the bad call on Montgomery's long run that should have been a TD and the wide open pass the kid dropped and you have a very close game. It was worth the effort to drive to today. Congrats to both teams on a great season.
There was a block in the back during that missed TD call, so it didnt matter.

Reactions: UNC91
You've never been to reality have you? The top 2A teams dont do pop Warner schemes...only WRH.
Man you are a clown!! Charlotte Catholic won multiple off the Wing T scheme!! It makes teams out west look bad then it you couldn't stop that so called " pop Warner " offense... Last time I check they beat the top teams with the wing t... Clinton who was 2a smoked the west teams 5 years running the T offense. Your argument just makes the West teams look bad being that the offense is so Pop Warner why couldn't y'all stop it???

Shelby hadn’t seen an offense like that all season. It had me wishing we still had South Point on the schedule. They run a similar offense. Shelby was lost in the first half. There were times the D just couldn’t locate who had the ball. Kanye was a problem as is, with his speed and power combination.

What I hate about that type of offense, though, if you get behind a couple of scores, the game is pretty much over. The clock becomes the opposing team’s ally. Besides a couple of passes, the WRH quarterback just pretty much heaved up prayers. No way he knew who he was actually throwing to on a few passes. He just threw it in the direction of where he thought the receiver would be.. The Bulldogs were way out of their comfort zone, trying to pass the ball.

Last edited:
Clear block in the back. Of course, you would say otherwise, being a WRH fan.
Just posting fro. My vantage point and the replay. Like the missed outbounds call I missed the block in the back. Like I said, it happens. But, you would see your way too right!!!

Reactions: Lion Attack
Just posting fro. My vantage point and the replay. Like the missed outbounds call I missed the block in the back. Like I said, it happens. But, you would see your way too right!!!
I have never seen a game where there were no holding calls the whole game. I saw a lot of holding but not called by the refs. The refs let them play ball. May the best man keep standing.

Reactions: docdogg
Ahhh sir do you know how many championships Tarboro,Plymouth, Wallace, Wake Forest, James Keanan, and ext. has won running the wing t.... DO your home
Ahhh sir do you know how many championships Tarboro,Plymouth, Wallace, Wake Forest, James Keanan, and ext. has won running the wing t.... DO your home work!!!
Just won’t work in this new football climate.just saying.

I can’t speak for every WRH fan but I knew the Dogs would struggle with pass defense unless they were able to get QB pressure. Shelby with good pass blocking schemes, multiple routes and a talented QB were too much. My guess is the staff was hoping for a tipped ball or overthrow at some point. The dropped ball,the out of bounds call and the score just before halftime were big because they caused WRH to begin to chase the score and Shelby. ( this is not presented as an excuse but to agree with an early post about playing catch up). I was a little bit surprised how easily the Dogs ran the ball. Very talented backfield and Oline. Jack Holley would have been proud.
Congratulations to Shelby, one of the true NC blue bloods of high school football.

I met Coach Mot the day he took the New Hanover job back in the early to mid 2000’s. Really impressed. He loves those young men and is a players coach.

Shelby hadn’t seen an offense like that all season. It had me wishing we still had South Point on the schedule. They run a similar offense. Shelby was lost in the first half. There were times the D just couldn’t locate who had the ball. Kanye was a problem as is, with his speed and power combination.

What I hate about that type of offense, though, if you get behind a couple of scores, the game is pretty much. The clock becomes the opposing team’s ally. Besides a couple of passes, the WRH quarterback just pretty much heaved up prayers. No way he knew who he was actually throwing to on a few passes. He just threw it in the direction of where he thought the receiver would be.. The Bulldogs were way out of their comfort zone, trying to pass the ball.
Thaz y i am not fan of wing t.I have seen teams fourth an 15 an still run the ball.The western teams will be king.Until the east catches up .

Just won’t work in this new football climate.just saying.
So I guess out west y'all love to have shootouts instead of playing defense because you can win a state championship score over 30 points. Their offense had nothing to do with it that lets me know how football illiterate you are. They lost because of the defense

I have watched a lot of Shelby football games over the years and until yesterday I have only seen 1 person make a Shelby defense look bad and that was Rico Dowdle.... well Kanye Roberts did a very good job himself. Man I would have loved to see him play live !!!!
But despite the great effort Shelby is very hard to beat !! I was impressed with everything about WRH program and y’all fans should be proud
Congratulations to the Lions

Our one dimensional offense had absolutely nothing to do with us losing to Shelby. We put up 34 points and 400 yards against there vaunted defense. Shelbys passing attack was the difference. Again hats off to both teams.
Uhmm yes it did, you couldn't come back and match them....duh

As I said earlier somewhere Kanye was as advertised I mean just a dominating runningback that did to us what Dowdle did a few years back.... Impressive player to watch... as good as I have seen in years....

What about young Daylin Lee's performance.... Here we have a kid that was in his first year starting... Ended up with nearly 4000 yards and 50 tds.... 313 yesterday with 5 tds... only 5 interceptions all year, 3 in the game against Burns.....

The kid has a cannon for an arm, his brother was deadly accurate and he is as well.... Great decisions all day, had all day to throw the ball (Credit to the line for sure) .... He is getting a little lost in the shuffle with what Roberts did, but he shined as well.... as did Porky (3) with his 4 tds.....

An amazing game to watch against two powerhouses that threw haymaker after haymaker, luckily we were the ones left standing.... Amazing game to watch... Both gave us some amazing action.... Congrats to both teams for an amazing performance on the biggest of stages....

Anybody know how the kids that tested positive and quarantined are doing? Emotionally/psychologically I mean mostly. I hope they can get the support and encouragement they need to get through it.

Reactions: WrhDog448
As far as our defense goes we had guys playing in the secondary that hadn’t played there much all year. They had to step in last minute to play for those who had to stay behind because of Covid. Not making an excuse at all but just pointing that out.

Anybody know how the kids that tested positive and quarantined are doing? Emotionally/psychologically I mean mostly. I hope they can get the support and encouragement they need to get through it.
Coach Motsinger said in the post game press conference, he checked on them all week, he called them from bus on way to Raleigh etc... said doing well but so depressed... Understandable.... when my entire family had it back in Sept the being apart, and feeling of loneliness was very real... Not knowing what could happen was scary

It was all class for their team to carry their jerseys out before the game..... Hope those kids get well soon....

I’m proud of the bulldogs season losing effort but today I couldn’t be any prouder than those kids this year!! I enjoyed talking and chatting with u guys again looking forward again to next year!! The same vagabond boy next year , agai hats off to Shelby again what a program that was my first time seeing them play I was impressed those guys are electric!! Alright guys it’s been fun!! Now my season starts next sat Basketball , root for the GTW!! GREENEVERS Warriors!!
You're the best!

But that doesn't define teams overall that run the ball. For example, Tarboro shut east surry down one year and then east surry came and threw their lights out the 2nd year, then tarboro shut them down the 3rd year. Wallace also did a great job containing Reidsville throwing game when Wallace had Javonte...Its all in being well prepared...
Wallace couldnt stop Reidsville pass the 2nd half. Reisdville adjusted up front shut down Javonte and the other back in the 2nd half same as Shelby did this game. Shelby just did it faster than Riedsville did and didnt let them get ahead in the first half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT