ADVERTISEMENT

WRH vs Shelby for it all. (Poll)

Let’s go!

• WRH

Votes: 36 23.4%
  • Shelby

Votes: 118 76.6%

• Total voters
So I guess out west y'all love to have shootouts instead of playing defense because you can win a state championship score over 30 points. Their offense had nothing to do with it that lets me know how football illiterate you are. They lost because of the defense
No it lets me know how stupid u r .Stupid people say defense win championship.No body comes to see a defenses game.Only nice oily machine like Shelby brings excitement to a game.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
I have watched a lot of Shelby football games over the years and until yesterday I have only seen 1 person make a Shelby defense look bad and that was Rico Dowdle.... well Kanye Roberts did a very good job himself. Man I would have loved to see him play live !!!!
But despite the great effort Shelby is very hard to beat !! I was impressed with everything about WRH program and y’all fans should be proud
Congratulations to the Lions
Rico was the best high school player I ever saw, 5 was very special yesterday, but what Rico did to us was unreal

Remember no excuses
Would not have made a difference the fact is there was zero pressure on the QB. He can pick anyone part if he has that much time. I was very surprised they ran the ball that well, give credit to their offense. They had nothing for our offense. Roberts was better than advertised. He is a special player.

• Haha
Rico was the best high school player I ever saw, 5 was very special yesterday, but what Rico did to us was unreal
I missed that game. I watched his Hudl, and told guys at the barbershop in advance that Rico was going to be a problem, and that I thought he was better than BJ Emmons, who they all had just bragged about a week or two before.

• Haha
Would not have made a difference the fact is there was zero pressure on the QB. He can pick anyone part if he has that much time. I was very surprised they ran the ball that well, give credit to their offense. They had nothing for our offense. Roberts was better than advertised. He is a special player.
Where would you rank this Shelby team??? In the Spread Era

• Haha
I missed that game. I watched his Hudl, and told guys at the barbershop in advance that Rico was going to be a problem, and that I thought he was better than BJ Emmons, who they all had just bragged about a week or two before.
We played bj and Rico in the same season, damn I didn’t even realize that

Reactions: Lion Attack
We played without Petty our no-1 Rb to ankle injury against Reidsville..plus Sam Baldree Lb nursing a injury re-hurt his self right before half never played again, and Luke --rec no-7 hurt out for 2nd half...we know how it feels with injury s

• Haha
Yeah u right got my year flipped, dada, Jr year I believe didn't play that might been 15

You can win with a wing t, you just have to be good at all 3 phases of the game and very disciplined. Note this is why it works for Charlotte Catholic. Also it works for CC because they play in the west against passing teams all season so they are not surprised by it in the very last game of the season. The problem the east has is that basically everyone has a running team and they get no exposure to different styles of offenses, so come time for the championship game against Western teams you are out of your element. I don't understand why eastern teams don't diversify there game.

Really hard to judge, year to year, what is the best Shelby team. What I liked about the '21 Golden Lions is that it was such a balanced team from A to Z. The other great Shelby teams seemed to always have 1 or 2 superstars on each side of the ball and then a bunch of complimentary players...this year's team had a collective group of great players that all contributed equally...team ended up with 7 different players (4 WRs and 3 RBs) with at least 9 TDs each. Four different WRs had at least 35 catches.

This team set the all-time Shelby record for points in a season with 750 points, breaking the previous record of 733 points set by the 2015 team.

The Defense/ST ended the year with:
19 INTs
4 pick 6's
3 fumble return TDs
6 blocked punts
1 blocked FG
2 blocked punt return TDs
5 safeties
2 punt return TDs
4 kickoff return TDs
65 sacks
175+ tackles for loss
7 FGs made

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: shslion and UNC91
Really hard to judge, year to year, what is the best Shelby team. What I liked about the '21 Golden Lions is that it was such a balanced team from A to Z. The other great Shelby teams seemed to always have 1 or 2 superstars on each side of the ball and then a bunch of complimentary players...this year's team had a collective group of great players that all contributed equally...team ended up with 7 different players (4 WRs and 3 RBs) with at least 9 TDs each. Four different WRs had at least 35 catches.

This team set the all-time Shelby record for points in a season with 750 points, breaking the previous record of 733 points set by the 2015 team.

The Defense/ST ended the year with:
19 INTs
4 pick 6's
3 fumble return TDs
6 blocked punts
1 blocked FG
2 blocked punt return TDs
5 safeties
2 punt return TDs
4 kickoff return TDs
65 sacks
175+ tackles for loss
7 FGs made
WOW! What did you guys think about WRH onside kicks on every kick off?

WOW! What did you guys think about WRH onside kicks on every kick off?
Took a lot of guts to do an onsides kick every time...it basically gives the opponent excellent field position every time, but if you recover just one of them, you get an extra possession and if you score every time you have the ball then you typically win.

You know coach Mott said it best... They were already winners... The score doesn't show what that team overcame to get there... Misplaced due to hurricane Florence, covid, a 10 seed and counted out in every game after the first round... They played as a team and did a town and county proud... Shelby hats off to you... Proved who you were and took care of business... How is those young studs that got injured? And hope they get a scholarship to a big school... Again congrats to Shelby and proud of the dogs! Both teams are indeed winners!

Are you referring to your own post and calling yourself he? As I said before, it is possible to win with the wing t if your good in all phases of the game. Turnovers cost Reidsville in that game. You can argue it all day if you want but you are on the losing end of the argument, as the record shows.

Are you referring to your own post and calling yourself he? As I said before, it is possible to win with the wing t if your good in all phases of the game. Turnovers cost Reidsville in that game. You can argue it all day if you want but you are on the losing end of the argument, as the record shows.
I was talking to another person when I was referring " He" . Your username is " white dynamite" and that explains a lot. Bye!

• Haha
You've never been to reality have you? The top 2A teams dont do pop Warner schemes...only WRH.
I think the coaches at WRH are very smart to run the Wing T. With the running backs they have this year, that is a good offensive scheme for them. It also got them to the 2A State Championship.

As usual Chopper, you just sound foolish.

Last edited:
I think the coaches at WRH are very smart to run the wing t. With the running backs they have this year, that is a good offensive scheme for them. It also got them to the 2A State Championship.

As usual Chopper, you just sound foolish.
No you just have a personal issue with me. Build a bridge. I built one over your dry fake profile weeks ago.

Took a lot of guts to do an onsides kick every time...it basically gives the opponent excellent field position every time, but if you recover just one of them, you get an extra possession and if you score every time you have the ball then you typically win.
I actually didn't like WRH's decision to utilize the onside kick as much as they did. The first time they did it was a great call by the coaching staff. After that though, Shelby is expecting it and you end up giving Shelby great field position to start. With an offense like Shelby has, that didn't help WRH at all.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Will you finally stfu if WRH beats Shelby? Damn you are the mouth of the south with no team ever

I remember these same clowns all week when swo played Shelby. Shelby by 45 gonna be over at halftime

Shelbyville was down 21-0 after 7 mins into the game to swo. Keep sleeping on WRH and that wing T......
I'm still laughing at this. Thanks for making this season fun.

No you just have a personal issue with me. Build a bridge. I built one over your dry fake profile weeks ago.
I don't have a personal issue with you at all. I just think you don't know what you are talking about most of the time and get too much childish enjoyment over trolling other teams' fanbases on here.

WRH are the 2A Eastern Champions. And they played the best high school team in NC, regardless of classification, close for one half. They had Shelby a little worried at half time. And they did so with the Wing T. Yes, the scheme has its drawbacks, as has been noted by other posters. But with the talent WRH has in the backfield, that is a good scheme for them to run. And it works for them. To attack them over it shows a lack of football knowledge in my opinion.

They didn't lose to Shelby because of their offensive scheme. In fact, Shelby had trouble with that scheme for one half. WRH needed better play from their defense. That is why they lost to Shelby, that and Shelby was just the better team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT