ADVERTISEMENT

WRH vs Shelby for it all. (Poll)

Let’s go!

• WRH

Votes: 36 23.4%
  • Shelby

Votes: 118 76.6%

• Total voters
No one said we thought we were going to lose. Always got hope. We all thought it was going to take the effort we gave and a few breaks. Look brother. This year was a success for us. Earned Shelby's respect and left it all out there. Can't win rings every year. The best defense in the State gave up almost 400 rushing to the best rushing offense in the country. Our offense was not the problem. If I attack NE the way you attack my Dogs, what would you be thinking?
Not sure where I attacked them, could you please post some examples and I will be the first to apologize. Wrh had Kanye and that was it. The other two backs statistics were inflated because defenses were keying in on Kanye. John you know that and you also know that there’s no glory in finishing in second place. I sure didn’t want to hear anyone telling me how good NE played in 18/19. That we earned the Rams respect. Screw that, we didn’t want a pat on the back, we wanted that cship. I also couldn’t stand that we completely embarrassed ourselves against your dogs this year. There was no excuse for that, and our coaches blew it. That one wasn’t on the players.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Not sure where I attacked them, could you please post some examples and I will be the first to apologize. Wrh had Kanye and that was it. The other two backs statistics were inflated because defenses were keying in on Kanye. John you know that and you also know that there’s no glory in finishing in second place. I sure didn’t want to hear anyone telling me how good NE played in 18/19. That we earned the Rams respect. Screw that, we didn’t want a pat on the back, we wanted that cship. I also couldn’t stand that we completely embarrassed ourselves against your dogs this year. There was no excuse for that, and our coaches blew it. That one wasn’t on the players.
Critical then. You've been a hater of my dogs most of the year and you know it. You love those dark horses tho

Absolutely nothing wrong with the wing T. When run as good as WRh has this year it’s nearly impossible to stop. Our issue was like some have said is Shelby is one of the best teams in the state regardless of classification, also they were a lot bigger numbers wise. They didn’t have guys that had to go both way. #5, 9,1,and 6 our main offensive guys all had to go both ways and were worn slam out by the 4th qtr. Maybe WrH can start scheduling some of these pass happy teams from out west to prepare our defense for future state championships. What we do on offense works and I will not be convinced otherwise.
Schemes are overrated. It’s about having talent and the ability to coach it.

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Hes a hater on every team outside NE, gets curb stomped and still bashing the dogs. You one of a kind my guy..

Wrh will reload and be ready to rumble again. How's NE looking ???

Reactions: dogs79
I see nothing wrong with WRH running the Wing T or any type of running formations...it was potent. They put up 34 points on Shelby, which was the most of any team from North Carolina that Shelby played this year (only Rock Hill, SC - South Pointe put up more points, and they are SC 4A state champions).

I was surprised that WRH milked the play clock nearly every down in the 4th Quarter when they were down 3 scores. I was expecting them to play fast to try and make a comeback, but instead seemed like they just let the time run out.

We were expecting them to try and score and then get a couple of onsides kicks...could've been they were simply just gassed?

Couldn't be any prouder of the Dogs. Very positive community. Dogs overachieved by most. Our Dogs will represent the East again next year and get another shot at Shelby. Like Shelby, we got the talent years to come.
There's a team across the county that will have something to say about that. Go ahead and reload. East Duplin will be ready. That's an guarantee!!!

And they said I disappeared 😂😂
👀 Even started a thread about it. Where all the Bulldogs at?
Seasons over goob. We finished #2 in all of 2a. Success this yr. We back. Next yr we should be back again. To be honest, my season was made in Elizabeth city. Have a good xmas. Talk to around end of July

Reactions: Lawn12Dog and UNC91
I agree brother. Ed & Wrh next yr. Possibly jk in the mix, but probably us vying for supremacy! Long live duplin co!
There's a team across the county that will have something to say about that. Go ahead and reload. East Duplin will be ready. That's an guarantee!!!
I arm wrestled this really big guy from Duplin county(North Duplin) once for $0.50. A bunch of us used to have video game tournaments at his place, about 100 years ago.

I arm wrestled this really big guy from Duplin county(North Duplin) once for $0.50. A bunch of us used to have video game tournaments at his place, about 100 years ago.
Good ole boy fun! A couple beers, maybe a little xtra and you had all the ingredients of a great time back in the day!

• Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
east duplin should be good next year, so they will probably be the favorite in the ECC, WRH close behind. Shelby will be favored to win it all again. They pretty much return all the skill guys, losing a few defenders but they should be fine their as well.

Good ole boy fun! A couple beers, maybe a little xtra and you had all the ingredients of a great time back in the day!
Yeah we had it all, popcorn, drinks, bbq...I used to troll him during the Madden and NCAA bball tournaments to get him off his game. Really nice guy, I used to get kicks out of watching him implode if he got behind.

east duplin should be good next year, so they will probably be the favorite in the ECC, WRH close behind. Shelby will be favored to win it all again. They pretty much return all the skill guys, losing a few defenders but they should be fine their as well.
there :cool:

I was so good in Madden to the point it felt like a second income, and in tougher times, my only income.😎

I was so good in Madden to the point it felt like a second income, and in tougher times, my only income.😎

Good old days..up at 5am between Madden and Sport Center, sometimes you forget that you missed dinner. I read some where that sometimes when you're gaming for hours it makes your body feel as if you already ate.

Good old days..up at 5am between Madden and Sport Center, sometimes you forget that you missed dinner. I read some where that sometimes when you're gaming for hours it makes your body feel as if you already ate.
Definitely can relate. Analog stick get to sticking, or if you had to push a button a little harder than usual, it was time for a new joystick. If your joystick wasn’t on point, it could cost you big time in the heat of battles, and having money on the line.

Old Nintendo days, had to literally blow the cartridge out, if it wouldn’t load. In addition to the sports games, mostly football and basketball, and Boxing occasionally, games such as Ring King and Fight Night come to mind, I loved the adventure games, too. Metroid, Double Dragon, the GTA series, Mega Man, Contra to name a few of many. Of course, battled in Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Capcom vs Marvel games as well. Fun times!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Definitely can relate. Analog stick get to sticking, or if you had to push a button a little harder than usual, it was time for a new joystick. If your joystick wasn’t on point, it could cost you big time in the heat of battles, and having money on the line.

Old Nintendo days, had to literally blow the cartridge out, if it wouldn’t load. In addition to the sports games, mostly football and basketball, and Boxing occasionally, games such as Ring King and Fight Night come to mind, I loved the adventure games, too. Metroid, Double Dragon, the GTA series, Mega Man, Contra to name a few of many. Of course, battled in Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Capcom vs Marvel games as well. Fun times!
You boys are talking well before my time. Only visep game I saw when was younger was Atari. lol

Im still catching up on highlights, Hopper from Shelby is pretty tough, stout and under rated. That solo tackle on Roberts on 4th and 4 where he spun him around. Not many people can do that to somebody at Roberts level solo(shout out to Reidvilles noseguard/tackle who had a tough solo on Williams back in '17). That's an all star play.

Trust me, me and Chopper remember Space Invaders, Dig Dug, Q Bert, and Asteroids, too.
Asteroids was a game I found easy to play from the get go. I almost never lost. Just played till I got bored and quit. In talking play for 3 or 4 hours. I forget what my high score was but it was over 2 million. The guy that owned the machine questioned the bar owner over the score and he told the guy I had done it. He did believe it and thought I had somehow cheated. I went in when he was there and started playing it. I warned him it would take 4 hours or more to set a new high. After about 2 hours he told me I could quit that he believed me then. Once you get to where you can play like that the game really gets boring.

Google asteroids world record. Dude played 58 hours and scored 48 million. I don't know how you stay into it for that long. I never went past 4 hours. I played on a machine in a bar. We always had something else to do or a fight to go take care of. Lol

Im still catching up on highlights, Hopper from Shelby is pretty tough, stout and under rated. That solo tackle on Roberts on 4th and 4 where he spun him around. Not many people can do that to somebody at Roberts level solo(shout out to Reidvilles noseguard/tackle who had a tough solo on Williams back in '17). That's an all star play.

Hooper had some Serious offers

I walked to Best in Wilmington to play breakout using the square “ball” to break out the rectangular bricks.

In 1976, in home room, I made a boy cry because I beat him so badly in paper football. Take notice men.

I am calling you out Frank 😀
If the "ball" was made right, i could hit a field goal from 10 yds out(on occasion)

A bit off topic, but I hunt in the Magnolia area. Any Duplin County posters interested in lunch or dinner at Rose Hill Restaurant? I would like to put some faces with forum names.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Nbr 9 Hopper should have been defensive mvp.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT