ADVERTISEMENT

WRH vs Shelby for it all. (Poll)

Let’s go!

• WRH

Votes: 36 23.4%
  • Shelby

Votes: 118 76.6%

• Total voters
Im still catching up on highlights, Hopper from Shelby is pretty tough, stout and under rated. That solo tackle on Roberts on 4th and 4 where he spun him around. Not many people can do that to somebody at Roberts level solo(shout out to Reidvilles noseguard/tackle who had a tough solo on Williams back in '17). That's an all star play.

So... I'm starting early

Lions gonna schedule Gaffney or what? You get that match up I'll leave you alone about Chambers

Move up from the South Carolina 4A champ to the South Carolina 5A champ

Dope video. Hopefully, Shelby and Gaffney will get together again in the near future. Even with those Ls Shelby took, it was always a fun game to watch, and a great atmosphere. It would be definitely a great gate, either way. Gaffney’s whole city travels with them.

Last edited:
So... I'm starting early

Lions gonna schedule Gaffney or what? You get that match up I'll leave you alone about Chambers

Well….I’ve stunk this thread up about all I can….I will say…. I’m dreading that road trip to Watauga in the fall! Hoping they ain’t mad!😜
Hoping we don’t see Salisbury any time soon either!😉
But I’m dying for rematch with East Surry!😁

Yay! Shelby!🤮…see ya! Boys.

This Big Shelby slogan.... Does this mean you're going to petition to play up to 3A..."Big" Shelby?
For shits and giggles, say Shelby is in big south 3A…we would have won it this year easily lol and on a yearly basis it would be either crest or Shelby minus the occasional red moon km catches one of the two on a bad night. I’m assuming the slogan refers to our success year after year, decade after decade. If you can’t agree with that, you hating from outside the club.

For shits and giggles, say Shelby is in big south 3A…we would have won it this year easily lol and on a yearly basis it would be either crest or Shelby minus the occasional red moon km catches one of the two on a bad night. I’m assuming the slogan refers to our success year after year, decade after decade. If you can’t agree with that, you hating from outside the club.
“We” as in Shelby. Profile name, Charger1992.
🤔 As for the post, that’s what’s up, though.

So... I'm starting early

Funny watching this video....put a gold helmet on those Indians and I would have said you were watching a clip of Shelby. They look very similar. Speed at WR, good QB ball, speed out of the backfield, monster defensive front 7.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Funny watching this video....put a gold helmet on those Indians and I would have said you were watching a clip of Shelby. They look very similar. Speed at WR, good QB ball, speed out of the backfield, monster defensive front 7.
No school in Cleveland County wants anything to do with our neighbors across the line.

I agree, I wouldn't mind some Raleigh teams either. I think we do have a pretty good non conf schedule though
It's easy for us typist to say schedule these teams that are 2 or 3 hours away. That is expensive for schools to travel that far for a regular season game. Most schools don't have that much money to travel long distances especially after last year and attendance down at most games this year.

It's easy for us typist to say schedule these teams that are 2 or 3 hours away. That is expensive for schools to travel that far for a regular season game. Most schools don't have that much money to travel long distances especially after last year and attendance down at most games this year.

It's not like saying schedule a team from Louisiana and Texas. Teams travel 2 and 3 hours during the play offs every year. Rams traveling to Maiden, Gaffney, or Shelby is less gas/time than if the rams had to travel out east to Northeastern or a West Craven.

it was 153 miles one way from Reidsville to Shelby...altho I enjoyed the trip (except for the final outcome)....I can't see the Rams scheduling teams even further away during a reg. season game.....even Raleigh is a 90 mile one way trip......GW Danville is only about 20-25 miles away but they haven't played us in about 15 years..............

it was 153 miles one way from Reidsville to Shelby...altho I enjoyed the trip (except for the final outcome)....I can't see the Rams scheduling teams even further away during a reg. season game.....even Raleigh is a 90 mile one way trip......GW Danville is only about 20-25 miles away but they haven't played us in about 15 years..............

I heard Gw was interested in continuing the series. I wish we could play dudley or gw danville, that would be my only trade off on the current schedule.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Did locals in Duplin county want WRH to go back to 1A, or was it just local media?

Yet here is the biggest difference. Shelby has won its titles as a 2AA school. WRH has won all but two of its has a 1AA school.
And since the NCHSAA eliminated four classes this fall, Shelby, a school significantly larger than WRH, has a student population edge. In fact, If WRH were in the West, it would be a 1A school.
Anyone who thinks that doesn’t count is mistaken.
It’s more than a call for six classifications, something the NCHSAA should do soon. But that’s a story for another day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lion Attack
I love the fact that we are back to 2a. I do think 6 or at least 5 classifications makes more sense but I would rather be 2a than 1a for sure.
SC has 5 classifications with less than half the population of NC. SC also played all 5 championship games at same venue that seated 13k. The State paper stated that the schools shared the parking and concession revenue and kept $2 for each ticket sold in advance at the schools. NCHSAA sucks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT