ADVERTISEMENT

ECC WEEK 10

going with NL to get their only conf. win, Going with JK in a nail biter over SWO.

And now for the big one, ED@WRH.

I hate to pick against my Dogs and I wont this time, I did last year and unfortunately i was right both times, ED is very very well coached, and I thought that was the difference in our 2 games last year, Coach Battle Holley seems to be our Kryptonite, that being said I will take WRH in this one 28-24. Advice, get there early, be prepared for security measures and Go Dogs!!
Hope you’re 3 for 3

Reactions: Swo1980
I think they might, I have a feeling Battle is breaking tradition and going all out air raid.
Battle will do whatever is needed in the matchup. If ball control is working, they will only throw as needed. I think Battle works on the passing game to ensure he has options available. I am not privy to his mindset, just going on what I have seen in the past. Before last years state championship, a Clinton poster stated something like, you’re going to get a lot of Gaby, I can promise you that. And he was 100% correct. Battle will force you to stop what they do best. If you cant, they will not change, except to keep you honest with a play or two. Be certain that Battle and Aldridge will not overthink the game. They have seen it all. This is not to say WRH can’t beat them. I like Mot a lot as he did a good job at New Hanover, but if the game comes down to coaching, well, you know who wins.

Battle will do whatever is needed in the matchup. If ball control is working, they will only throw as needed. I think Battle works on the passing game to ensure he has options available. I am not privy to his mindset, just going on what I have seen in the past. Before last years state championship, a Clinton poster stated something like, you’re going to get a lot of Gaby, I can promise you that. And he was 100% correct. Battle will force you to stop what they do best. If you cant, they will not change, except to keep you honest with a play or two. Be certain that Battle and Aldridge will not overthink the game. They have seen it all. This is not to say WRH can’t beat them. I like Mot a lot as he did a good job at New Hanover, but if the game comes down to coaching, well, you know who wins.
Battle should try and get on the Unc staff, I’d like to see him on the sidelines

SWO beat the breaks off NE and has many titles lol........ NE as a program will never be able to hold SWO jockstrap liberal. Take notes fan boy, down east ball will always be supreme to NE and will be NE daddy...........
Yall beat us one time and you somebody daddy yeah right

Reactions: daagoob
Yall beat us one time and you somebody daddy yeah right
The one time they beat us it was a close game and definitely not a beatdown like we’ve been putting on them. That program is in turmoil in more than one way and they definitely need to bring in a coach who can relate better with the players if they are to be successful again. There is no lack of talent in Onslow County and the right coach on the sidelines could put them back in the top. That’s just my take from someone on the outside looking in.

The one time they beat us it was a close game and definitely not a beatdown like we’ve been putting on them. That program is in turmoil in more than one way and they definitely need to bring in a coach who can relate better with the players if they are to be successful again. There is no lack of talent in Onslow County and the right coach on the sidelines could put them back in the top. That’s just my take from someone on the outside If they was an icon

The one time they beat us it was a close game and definitely not a beatdown like we’ve been putting on them. That program is in turmoil in more than one way and they definitely need to bring in a coach who can relate better with the players if they are to be successful again. There is no lack of talent in Onslow County and the right coach on the sidelines could put them back in the top. That’s just my take from someone on the outside looking in.
If they was in our conference swo would be in the bottom 3

Right there below Pasquotank with the two OBX schools. Sad but true of what once was a storied program
Definitely not true but okay fan boy. You are the gas lighting king of NE. Not sure what your point is or what not but I'm done responding to your baseless claims

• Haha
See some of y'all getting your confidence back. Good I was starting to worry.

And Goob what have I told you about getting all wired up. But don't worry when you all up in your feelings I'll send you a get well card and box of candy or something.😁

And I want my steak rare with everything that's comes with it!!!

Last edited:
I'm a big time ED fan but I think Wallace beats us this time. I think the line should be Wallace -7. That doesn't mean ED can't win, we will just have to play mistake free and not give away any points (like the KOR two years ago in the playoffs).

I'm a big time ED fan but I think Wallace beats us this time. I think the line should be Wallace -7. That doesn't mean ED can't win, we will just have to play mistake free and not give away any points (like the KOR two years ago in the playoffs).
Never seen a real ED fan pick against them vs WRH......... I think it's a shootout. If ED can slow down the great SWO back Kerr, it will be ED game. If Kerr runs wild, WRH will cruise

I hope there’s still room. I’m standing by the fence at this one.
You gonna be there? Me an the wife will be there. I like to arrive early and will be on the ground behind the endzone at the pound, like the last 18 years.

TBH this game will depend on one player, WRH RB Corbin Kerr. ED can only hope to slow him down. If he gets going, watch out.........

You gonna be there? Me an the wife will be there. I like to arrive early and will be on the ground behind the endzone at the pound, like the last 18 years.

TBH this game will depend on one player, WRH RB Corbin Kerr. ED can only hope to slow him down. If he gets going, watch out.........
This game depends on everyone! Kerr is good,but if you know anything about Aldridge through the years he has shut down great backs like williams and Roberts. This game is won in the trenches and who plays mistake free ball. Everyone always forgets about the blockers…..and one more thing, 2 of our best running backs aren’t even in the rotation and that is a fact.

Last year ED averaged 420 yds a game This year they average 380. Last year WRH averaged 420 and this year 475. Both defenses are performing about the same as last year. These stats probly don’t mean a thing but ED not having Gaby does. I got the Bulldogs 33-24. As da goob would say! Book it!

• Haha
This game depends on everyone! Kerr is good,but if you know anything about Aldridge through the years he has shut down great backs like williams and Roberts. This game is won in the trenches and who plays mistake free ball. Everyone always forgets about the blockers…..and one more thing, 2 of our best running backs aren’t even in the rotation and that is a fact.

I've known Aldridge for 20+ years, of course he will try n shut down the backs. Definitely won in the trenches, but think WRH will succeed in that aspect.

Why aren't two of WRH best backs in rotation? Doesn't makes sense to me? Motz seems to be a smart coach? If true, hate to see WRH punishing themselves by not having their best backs playing. But TBH, not sure many in the state, at any level, are better then Kerr

Reactions: Dawg-on and dogs79

I don’t think he coming. I picked up on a jab he throwing at a former poster

You talking about 2 and 10?

I've known Aldridge for 20+ years, of course he will try n shut down the backs. Definitely won in the trenches, but think WRH will succeed in that aspect.

Why aren't two of WRH best backs in rotation? Doesn't makes sense to me? Motz seems to be a smart coach? If true, hate to see WRH punishing themselves by not having their best backs playing. But TBH, not sure many in the state, at any level, are better then Kerr
Most coach’s put players in positions where they believe it will benefit the team the most. Do I agree with all the decisions…no, but hey it is what it is. Wrh isn’t a 3-4a school with big numbers, I feel like a solid 4-6 kids should be playing on both sides of the ball but that’s not gonna happen. And that is just my opinion.

This game I don’t think they stop Kerr this year!!

Reactions: dogs79
going with NL to get their only conf. win, Going with JK in a nail biter over SWO.

And now for the big one, ED@WRH.

I hate to pick against my Dogs and I wont this time, I did last year and unfortunately i was right both times, ED is very very well coached, and I thought that was the difference in our 2 games last year, Coach Battle Holley seems to be our Kryptonite, that being said I will take WRH in this one 28-24. Advice, get there early, be prepared for security measures and Go Dogs!!
Why you got JK over SWO? SWO held their own vs WRH, granted definitely undisciplined to the max, with zero coaching.......

I've heard from my source, things are heading in right direction. Hoping for big time effort and win vs JK. Would be a huge boost for SWO heading into the playoffs. Like I've said, SWO has 3 good backs and 2 good QBs. Zerooooo size and discipline, mostly from their coaches.

I know times have changed, but geez. Miss the days when SWO staff was all looking the same . Staff in shorts and dress tops, some 25 coaches deep, hell bells playing on the speakers.

Reactions: dogs79

Yes

No one cares where you show up cup cake. Just asked if you've be there. Kind of simple knowledge, fan boy?¿???
I wasn’t responding to you young grasshopper. Shouldn’t you be watching your tomato can play against someone you said would walk the dog on our Eagles. I can promise you that your in the minority if you think that’ll happen. There’s a better chance of Mike Pence winning the gop nomination. That’s just facts

Reactions: O&B Attack
Why you got JK over SWO? SWO held their own vs WRH, granted definitely undisciplined to the max, with zero coaching.......

I've heard from my source, things are heading in right direction. Hoping for big time effort and win vs JK. Would be a huge boost for SWO heading into the playoffs. Like I've said, SWO has 3 good backs and 2 good QBs. Zerooooo size and discipline, mostly from their coaches.

I know times have changed, but geez. Miss the days when SWO staff was all looking the same . Staff in shorts and dress tops, some 25 coaches deep, hell bells playing on the speakers.
I have JK winning because they have a proven record, SWO on the other hand does not, win this one which I am actually pulling for you to do so and you guys will start turning some heads. You are 3-1 in conference but have not beaten anyone yet.

Clinton guys here's something to look forward to. Special guests of WRH and ED the ED internet team. Johnboy and Billy return to call this one. We all know how much you Clinton folk enjoy them so we made it happen. Hope y'all Enjoy 😁😁
Took a little while for the ED internet team to grow on me but I actually enjoy listening to them and their excitement for ED football. Good to hear this was possible cause it actually adds to the watching experience. I met one of the ED internet team at a Barton visit. Very nice guy. I will be at the Clinton game of course but that is the great thing about the internet now. Can keep up with both games. Will it be on the nfhs live stream or is there a separate link to listen to it on?

Reactions: oldway55
@oldway55 looks like I actually will get to watch this game closer than I thought. Still need to know though if the ED internet guys broadcast will be on NFHS live stream or is there a separate link to listen to it at? Clinton at St. Paul's game has been moved to Monday.

Reactions: oldway55
It's NFHS live stream I'm pretty sure. I like joking around about them because they heard lots of negativity last year and took it in stride. They are good guys and it's pretty cool that Wallace invited them over to their booth.
I remember that also. Like I said took some time to get used to but after hearing the nicknames like Diesel and Mangler they had me cheering those two on for sure. I actually got to meet the Diesel and my son knows the Mangler. Both great young men. Very cool of Wallace to make that happen. I take it Wallace doesn't have a radio broadcast or their own internet guys which is shocking as big as Wallace is on football.

I remember that also. Like I said took some time to get used to but after hearing the nicknames like Diesel and Mangler they had me cheering those two on for sure. I actually got to meet the Diesel and my son knows the Mangler. Both great young men. Very cool of Wallace to make that happen. I take it Wallace doesn't have a radio broadcast or their own internet guys which is shocking as big as Wallace is on football.
No sons out there for them this year so they probably be a little more calm. This is there first one they will do this year I think. And I don't think Wallace has a crew. That was some very intense games last year for them especially with your son on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT