ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs. Hibriten --Round 2

Dang these shelby guys are like history buffs!! They through that dy nasty history out there quick. Ill give it to them though when you have a program as good and consistent as theirs it probably makes it a lot easier to remember . Hibriten will win 12 games a year for three years then go 4 and 8 for the next 6 and so on..... I do wonder what are shelbys bad years? What records did they have?

Dang these shelby guys are like history buffs!! They through that dy nasty history out there quick. Ill give it to them though when you have a program as good and consistent as theirs it probably makes it a lot easier to remember . Hibriten will win 12 games a year for three years then go 4 and 8 for the next 6 and so on..... I do wonder what are shelbys bad years? What records did they have?
1990 4-6

Reactions: Vinniejr1
I remember as a kid we would go to Shelby or Crest to watch playoff games. No one around here would be playing. That was back before the subdived classes.

Reactions: BL1
I am glad for hibriten to find that small piece of the pie.. Its been fun over the last couple of years seeing these teams grow, improve, and see what it takes to play football at the level that shelby, crest, and sp play at.. Shows in the young class of freshmen this year at hibriten how much hard work will get ya.

I am glad for hibriten to find that small piece of the pie.. Its been fun over the last couple of years seeing these teams grow, improve, and see what it takes to play football at the level that shelby, crest, and sp play at.. Shows in the young class of freshmen this year at hibriten how much hard work will get ya.
You can leave south point out there done to many cry babies.

Cant really take them out though,, 2016 they slapped us in the mouth, imo, causing hibriten to win the state the next year.. I was a big stepping stone!!

Reactions: beamer24
Well I’m Fixing to leave Rutherford co. And expecting another outstanding game. Save travels to everyone and hope for a safe game for all players.
My prediction is Shelby by 9 my reasoning being game planning by Ware & company. I figure a similar one to the south point game last year in the 2nd round (best coaching plan for a team ever imo). Shelby’s not beat up either this year. Now I’m more familiar with Shelby’s team but I am a true believer in Hibriten and I will be happy for either team to win. Football’s just better when you have nothing invested:)

Reactions: 1SWO1 and beamer24
Hibriten should feel good at where they are down 14-7 at half. Shelby has dominated the game but missed scoring on multiple opportunities. Hibriten has only 1 first down.Gee had 2 good runs or Hibriten would have no yardage.

A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?

Reactions: MilltownUSA
Even the radio announcers in the press box said they were pulling jerseys all night and it was never called. They just about pulled the jersey off one d lineman. lol

I am really torn on this one after having looked at both teams multiple times. My first thought is that it will be Shelby for the following reasons. Hibriten may struggle with Shelby's passing game for a couple reasons. Running teams do not practice against the pass as much and may not be ready for how quickly Bess can get the ball to his receivers. In the SP/Shelby game, SP defenders felt that they had good timing and angles on ball only to barely miss which resulted in completions. Overall, Hibriten has more secondary speed to defend but that doesn't matter if you misjudge. Secondly, SP was 6-7 for 104 yds against Hibriten and should have thrown more. The question is whether Shelby can stop the Hibriten run game. SP held Hibriten to 211 yards of offense, but I do not believe
Shelby's run defense is as good as SP. SP struggled getting to the corners on Shelby due to their speed but Hibriten has matching speed. In the end, assuming that turnovers and penalties are not major factors, I will go with Shelby 28-21.
Raidertime is good. Congratulations to the GOLDEN LIONS!

Reactions: Lion Attack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT