ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs. Hibriten --Round 2

daletec

Dec 4, 2016
Lenoir, NC
Should be a war, the spread versus the triple option. I see a battle of the defenses looming!

Dang it, I should have named the thread -- The Rematch!

Going be a good one! Will say this now.. This offense line better right now then last year. This air attack better then last year.. Defense bout same. This year quicker then last.
I belive Shelby Air attack will be too much..
I do belive Shelby will have to play discipline on D line play...

Don't underestimate our DBs. We've been known to pick passes off and pick 6 some of them! Pass blocking is different from run blocking, I don't think we've encountered a real passing, yet, this year. Some teams try, but only a few times, as a pass is a turnover about 20% of the time!

I saw your highlights tonight..and watched game film.. Most of passes they picked off are just lobbed up in air.. U want see that next week i promise u..Bess threads the needle

Don't underestimate our DBs. We've been known to pick passes off and pick 6 some of them! Pass blocking is different from run blocking, I don't think we've encountered a real passing, yet, this year. Some teams try, but only a few times, as a pass is a turnover about 20% of the time!
Ashe county but that was over fast.

I saw your highlights tonight..and watched game film.. Most of passes they picked off are just lobbed up in air.. U want see that next week i promise u..Bess threads the needle
He looked great tonight man. I ain't got much junk to talk with you all so far. I respect Shelby and this game will be a war for sure! You all are missing dad this year. Who replaced him? And, that damn huge #5 wide receiver still there or not? Our defense kind of saved our offense lately and they will be tested next week. I am not predicting a score this week or at least not yet. Dang headache is bad right now from so much crying I heard tonight!

Gotta go with the Golden Ones here. Hibriten is better known for choking the chicken in big games over winning championships especially the epic fail game in 2009 vs Tuscola. I was there and I was laughing.

Hey, just telling the truth. Shelby rolls.

Reactions: leo1999
We will see! You can bring up 2009 all you want, that is 9 years ago. Last year is more relevant and applicable to this year, as most of these players returned from last year, just got a little bigger, stronger and faster!

Gotta go with the Golden Ones here. Hibriten is better known for choking the chicken in big games over winning championships especially the epic fail game in 2009 vs Tuscola. I was there and I was laughing.

Hey, just telling the truth. Shelby rolls.
I didn't see that game last year? 2009 is really grasping at straws but it is your predictions so if it works for you then go with it.

I have watched both teams play. Shelby started off slow vs SP but quickly Bess started throwing deep routes and SP had no answer. The qb did stay in the pocket extremely long periods and would have a 20 yard opening but would not run. So it was incomplete pass or 20 yard or more deep pass. Of course they will complete passes Friday. If Bess has time then he is hard to stop and if you blitz he will have good matchups. It will be a challenge and thank goodness we have Mackie to form a game plan for the defense. We do have more team speed then Sp on defense so we will matchup better then they did. I think it will be a close game but not sure how everything goes and who gets the bounce or break to get an advantage. It will be fun no matter what happens and both teams are great! I am not doing the SP kind of talk this week. Gonna research a ton before I even attempt a prediction. If you know who wins this already you are a genius. Lots of variables in these games. For example: I picked Hibriten to win 49-7 tonight. It was looking like it may happen in the 3rd quarter and then came the qb fumbles and int. I thought that would be cleaned up this week so didn't worry about that and had my worst pick all year. We love being the underdog so fill it up with us losing. I am saving my trash talk for my Shelby buddies and they will sure give it back to me. Whoever wins Will hopefully bring the trophy back to the western side!!

How did Burns stop the QB from threading the needle?
Burns had a way down year and blew Shelby out. They are very beatable. I like Hhs chances.

Also so a defense who loses 3 time champ and best MLB in school history got better?
Also all time leading passer got better ?

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Burns had a way down year and blew Shelby out. They are very beatable. I like Hhs chances.

Also so a defense who loses 3 time champ and best MLB in school history got better?
This is very different Shelby team now compared to then ! Don’t let that game deceive you

I am really torn on this one after having looked at both teams multiple times. My first thought is that it will be Shelby for the following reasons. Hibriten may struggle with Shelby's passing game for a couple reasons. Running teams do not practice against the pass as much and may not be ready for how quickly Bess can get the ball to his receivers. In the SP/Shelby game, SP defenders felt that they had good timing and angles on ball only to barely miss which resulted in completions. Overall, Hibriten has more secondary speed to defend but that doesn't matter if you misjudge. Secondly, SP was 6-7 for 104 yds against Hibriten and should have thrown more. The question is whether Shelby can stop the Hibriten run game. SP held Hibriten to 211 yards of offense, but I do not believe
Shelby's run defense is as good as SP. SP struggled getting to the corners on Shelby due to their speed but Hibriten has matching speed. In the end, assuming that turnovers and penalties are not major factors, I will go with Shelby 28-21.

Reactions: marsgreen
Shelby must play a near perfect game on offense and Bess have a great passing game.The defense for Shelby must avoid giving up the big plays to Hibriten.I truly believe the Panthers will be the best and most talented team we have played this year.Bottom line there is a REASON that a team has won thirty in a row and are the defending state champions.

Both these teams are very similar to what they were last year, period. Not much has changed. It will come down to the one most prepared and fewer turnovers.

Same offenses, same defenses, same couple of loses for Shelby. Shelby always improves as the season goes on and so on....... Almost identical to last year.

Patsfb that's stupid to say.....Shelby returns new quarterback total different line defense only had a few players return hibriten returns basically the whole team from last year what a dumb comment

Reactions: leo1999
I don't think Shelby will stop Hibriten's running game. They still had a hard time with the slow running temas they've played in recent weeks. The slowness of those offenses allowed Shelby defense to keep the score low. Hibriten has a quick backfield and run the triple option as previous teams Shelby has played. Hibriten will at least get 20-25 pts like South Point did, and probably sneak a few passes in to score like they did against ED in the title game. That SP Shelby game was closer than the score. Shelby will have to score at least 30 to win. Those dropped passes, slips, and turnover on downs will cost them this game, unlike previous games. The game can go either way.

I don't think Shelby will stop Hibriten's running game. They still had a hard time with the slow running temas they've played in recent weeks. The slowness of those offenses allowed Shelby defense to keep the score low. Hibriten has a quick backfield and run the triple option as previous teams Shelby has played. Hibriten will at least get 20-25 pts like South Point did, and probably sneak a few passes in to score like they did against ED in the title game. That SP Shelby game was closer than the score. Shelby will have to score at least 30 to win. Those dropped passes, slips, and turnover on downs will cost them this game, unlike previous games. The game can go either way.
I agree.Shelby will have to play lights out on defense and get a few breaks along the way.Bess will have to play his best game.

This is awesome!! Both fan bases say they have to play their best to win!! This is what it’s all about guys. Win loose or draw the 2 best teams have made it and I’ll be right there to see it!!

Either team is capable of winning and considering the fact that they play very contrasting styles makes the matchup intriguing.
I think it will be easier for Shelby to prepare for the Hibriten run game than Hibriten prepare for Shelby's passing game. No offense to Hibriten but I don't think your running game is as good as I expected. Shelby has the athletes and size up front to avoid Hibriten to run freely. Can Hibriten put pressure on Shelby's QB? If so Hibriten's athletes may pick a few of those passes.
Revenge is a powerful intangible. It well may be the dominant factor in determining the outcome. Two outstanding teams but I like Shelby in this rematch.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
I know this. Shelby is alot healthier this year coming into this game. We played war after war the second half last year and was really banged up. But I dont think we are quite as good on D but a little better on O. Hope it's a good injury free game. GO LIONS!

Reactions: Lion Attack

That was a great game .

Two solid teams...one great program..the other trying to get to that level year in year out..i have enjoyed reading post from posters from both teams..mostly knowledgeable and classy fans ( now that BRT and BIGDAWG are friends) lol..should be a classic and a good week of reading..maybe BRT will get back to answering himself this week..to both teams and fan bases..enjoy the week and all that comes with it..MANY MANY programs would love to be where your at..
Early unbiased prediction
Shelby in a classic..a new drive for five starts in '18

Two solid teams...one great program..the other trying to get to that level year in year out..i have enjoyed reading post from posters from both teams..mostly knowledgeable and classy fans ( now that BRT and BIGDAWG are friends) lol..should be a classic and a good week of reading..maybe BRT will get back to answering himself this week..to both teams and fan bases..enjoy the week and all that comes with it..MANY MANY programs would love to be where your at..

The drive for 2 has already started!!

Man ol man what we have here is a TRUE ... the exact definition ...of what a 4th round matchup is. The 2 best teams that the west has to offer!!! Both teams are truly worthy and this clash to the best is gonna be a BEAST of a game. Both have speed, size (everywhere) and VERY VERY good coaches and did I mention ATHLETES :eek: It’s crazy to think that 2 schools could be so loaded with talent. Now I have to admit I may be a little more familiar with Shelby but in the last few years I have grown to love to drive up to Lenoir for some cold football. Last years game will actually have a large influence on this game because the “drive for 5” was stopped in Lenoir. don’t think that’s a small thing either and the fact that Shelby was slam beat up going into that game. Shelby is a freaking night mare for a coach to prepare for but I feel if any team can prepare them it will be the Panthers.
So my early week prediction is Shelby by small amount but weathers gonna play a huge role in this game. I’m sorry but it’s just a little colder up in Lenoir and if some rain is added ... man what a game it’s gonna be. We can talk all we want but one things for sure the games gonna be played next Friday and that will leave no questions

Hey milltown you use the words knowledgeable and classy in comparison to BRT and BIG DAWG which one is whicho_O

This is very different Shelby team now compared to then ! Don’t let that game deceive you
This is not gonna be an easy game for either team. Shelby started 1-3 and now look at the team. I have no doubt that this game will be won in the 4th quarter. I have no idea who is going to win it. I think I have proven I am a loyal Hibriten fan and always want to say we are going to win but not this week. This is what round 4 is suppose to be.

Reactions: She1byPr1de and BL1
It has been 2 rough weeks so I am not sure I can pump this thread up to #1 or not. I know I can but have seen plenty of drama lately. Thank God my buddies from Shelby will be here Friday. You all have to know which guy I am talking about. He kind of reminds me of Bernie Mac and he shouts "COME ON BABY! COME ON SHELBY!!!" I met a bunch of his friends when we went to watch Shelby vs SP. We will talk a bunch of football junk for fun and then talk real for a while.

Reactions: MilltownUSA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT