ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs. Hibriten --Round 2

I wouldn't say any calls. I saw video of a catch that wasnt a catch. I believe it was in the 4th quarter a Shelby WR looked to have made a catch but didnt. He came back to the ball and fell foward and the ball hit him right in the face area at his hands and while falling back the ball looked clearly to me to hit the ground and the player trapped it.
Not that it would have changed the outcome or maybe. Cant remember which drive it was on.

Are the called TD on HB 1st drive when #25 clearly went out of bounds at the 2 yard line or the 1st 2nd and 3rd TD’s that Shelby had. That they called short

People can have their own opinions but it was a great game between two great teams. Shelby WAS NOT better than Hibriten but is much better coached. Clay Lewis is a good coach but Ware is a great coach. Shelby could not stop #25 but it stuns me that this guy doesn't get 20 touches a game. If he gets twenty touches Hibriten wins, simple as that. Not taking nothing away from Shelby because Hibriten had no answer for the pass, could not generate the pass rush they had last year. Whether it was Clay Lewis or the offensive coordinator, when you have a back that has averaged over 18 yards per attempt throughout his entire high school career you find ways to get him out in space. I kept hearing Hibriten fans screaming "give the damn ball to Gee!" I guess they had their reasons to only give him 10 Carrie's, and he still nearly had 200 yards.

People can have their own opinions but it was a great game between two great teams. Shelby WAS NOT better than Hibriten but is much better coached. Clay Lewis is a good coach but Ware is a great coach. Shelby could not stop #25 but it stuns me that this guy doesn't get 20 touches a game. If he gets twenty touches Hibriten wins, simple as that. Not taking nothing away from Shelby because Hibriten had no answer for the pass, could not generate the pass rush they had last year. Whether it was Clay Lewis or the offensive coordinator, when you have a back that has averaged over 18 yards per attempt throughout his entire high school career you find ways to get him out in space. I kept hearing Hibriten fans screaming "give the damn ball to Gee!" I guess they had their reasons to only give him 10 Carrie's, and he still nearly had 200 yards.
I’m so glad this his last year! Speed and power

We all can second guess Coaches call there on the field goal, I was thinking at the time we haven't stopped you at all the entire third quarter, fourth and 4 go for it.. The quick pitch to Gee we never stopped... They MADE that field goal but the penalty brought it back... In that situation probably the right call, but hey to that point in the third our offense hadnt done much, the momentum was clearly on the Panthers side... That last Shelby drive was huge and Bess was poised back there in the pocket even amongst some good pressure...

What I didnt understand was Gee only getting 10 carries the entire game.... Thats my player I run him 25 -30.... He had 170 plus on 10 carries though...But again I am no coach and Coach Clay is, and he and that team won 30 straight...that says something/.

The defense for the Golden Lions save a couple series played very well though. two very evenly matched ball clubs giving it their absolute all for the entire game, as it should be... we made a couple more plays than the Panthers....
Now that is the Shelby response I was looking for! That is classy and thank you. Gee will hopefully go to Kentucky next season and I really believe he has a chance to go pro. He reminds me of Barry Sanders from years ago. I hate to see that kid go. I read up on Bess and that kid is special also. I misspoke about him the week of the game. He played a little bit last year in the MP game and didn't look very good. It would be hard to do that when you have not much chance being Surratt. He has a cannon for an arm. If he learns how to put a little touch of the ball you all easily win back to back Championships. Good luck to you all this Saturday. I am gonna watch that game.

Reactions: MilltownUSA
I need to add 1 more thing. I apologize if I sound cocky when I made predictions. It is hard to not believe you will win when we had a player like Gee! Most games the coach couldn't run him 20 times or we would have had 120 points. As you all know Hibriten runs the ball a few times a game, lol. We have had a lot of really good running backs over the years but I think Gee was the best that ever played here. His vision is amazing and he is very intelligent with the ball. He waits for blockers and lots of kids think they can do it alone and just go full speed. Gee has speed to burn and us not afraid to get hit. I can't say enough about him. With him in the game we always felt we had a chance against any team. I think he is the all time Hibriten rushing leader but could have doubled it if we could have used him more. I hope he stays healthy through college and plays on Sunday. He will for sure be missed next season. We will have a good team next year and now have a qb that can sling it. #8 Darin Perry will be a name you all hear next year and hopefully we can open up the passing game next year. Enjoy the week Shelby and I believe you got this title in the bag. We hope to have a chance to play you all next year. Maybe one day we can schedule you all in the regular season. It would damn sure help us!

Where is Gee going to Kentucky coming from? All reports say he's going to Elon. A Kentucky offer would be great, and I think he could play at that level, just haven't seen this.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Where is Gee going to Kentucky coming from? All reports say he's going to Elon. A Kentucky offer would be great, and I think he could play at that level, just haven't seen this.

Nothing against the kid but I'm not sure his frame could sustain running the ball in the SEC. If he were to move to a slot position or something I think there is a chance.

Well, I missed seeing Witherspoon this year. Last season I was very impressed with him, athletically. He’s a flat out burner, not only football fast, but he excels at track, too. He obviously has real top end speed. However, I felt that db might be his calling card maybe slot.

From watching him last year, and viewing his junior year highlights on Hudl, I saw that about 90% of his plays are to the perimeter, rarely ever running between the tackles, that was my initial knock on him, and influenced me to think that db might benefit him more, however, after watching his senior season that Beamer posted, he did show more inside running. In my opinion, if he plays FCS, he could remain at running back, but if he was to go FBS, db, in my opinion

Last edited:
Had he ever been run down from behind like that , what a speedster he is and catching him was exciting to watch

Awesome video and what a great game that was.Also did we get our Championship belt back?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT