ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs. Hibriten --Round 2

Congrats to Shelby from an East Rutherford fan. I thought you guys were heading for a "down year" but the ship appears to have straightened out.

Start the Shelby vs N. Davidson thread. Their defense looks good by the numbers only.

Got out coached in 4th quarter plain and simple. Lucky Shelby dropped those passes in 1 quarter. Might have lost by 2 TDs.
Just came up short tonight. Can't hold nothing back against these seniors at HHS. They've had 1 hell of a run. 30 in a row and a state title last season. Nothing to hang their heads over. A loss is a loss and part of life!
Shelby made the plays tonite when it counted the most. Gotta tip your hat to the better team tonite! Congrads to the Shelby fan base. That was 1 hell of a battle, and I'm froze lol! Good luck in Raleigh next Saturday. Represent the West well and win state!
Gonna face a good and very very hungry team in North Davidson!
Being a State fan I was looking forward to that trip to Carter Finley!
Good luck Shelby!

Some of you cats got a lot of nerve, knowing good and well that had y’all won, making it two years in a row, you’d be talking big trash. We lose next week, many of you will show your true colors.
Obviously you didnt read my post before that:rolleyes:

Some of you cats got a lot of nerve, knowing good and well that had y’all won, making it two years in a row, you’d be talking big trash. We lose next week, many of you will show your true colors.
Most of us will not! It would be nice if you would act like you have been here before. I actually hope you all get the title. I have made friends with quite a few shelby fans. But hey, if you want to act like a sore winner then please don't allow me to stop ya. Good luck next week and we hope to play again some day :). I did not act like an idiot when we beat SP nor Bandys. Some people never grow up. Some of us give no excuses. You won by 7 and that is all that matters. I hate that we are losing Gee Witherspoon but I hope to see him in a Kentucky uniform next year. He is an awesome talent! I don't care as much for basketball so let it snow now and I am not that upset we lost. We had a hellava last 2 seasons and a title so no crying from us. Go win the title now Shelby!

Last edited:
I sit on Hibriten side to get a better view of the game and got treated like dirty.... when they was up it was all fun and games, but as soon as we took the lead, I was called every name in the book!!!! So please don’t talk to me about class
So you cant show a little class yourself? Your just as bad as the morons you sat next to in my book.

So you cant show a little class yourself? Your just as bad as the morons you sat next to in my book.
By posting y’all basketball schedule I don’t have class??? I mean it is basketball season right??? I thought it was a good one lol.. you can call me whatever you want to call me, just don’t call me next Saturday, I be at state

Hibriten has a great program and great fans. The loud ones are usually the classless ones who don't know the rules and are a little too emotional. Kinda like me watching a SP game!

This was an awesome game. When they had those 2 drives in the 3rd quarter, I thought we were done. But our boys showed alot of heart in scoring 14 in the 4th on a really great D.

Reactions: beamer24
By posting y’all basketball schedule I don’t have class??? I mean it is basketball season right??? I thought it was a good one lol.. you can call me whatever you want to call me, just don’t call me next Saturday, I be at state
It is amazing to me to see post like this! Haha Please keep it up and show your true colors. Are you 13? How many championships do yall have? It looks as if you are after your first! I am glad the people I know from Shelby acted like they did and not in this manner. We gave each other down the road until the game began and then talked real and congratulated each other later. Good to see Shelby has some good fans but I can't say as much about here. Oh well, time to move on to the snow and away from this childish chat. I hope yall don't lose next week for God sakes. You all couldn't handle it for sure and you have made asses out of yourselves. See ya next year

I actually thought Mitchell might be Hibriten's opening game next year when I chased that link!
You boys definitely need to toughen up that schedule

Last edited:
Reactions: Wizard of the East
I sit on Hibriten side to get a better view of the game and got treated like dirty.... when they was up it was all fun and games, but as soon as we took the lead, I was called every name in the book!!!! So please don’t talk to me about class
Did you have a Shelby toboggan and a black and white scarf on ?

This was a fun back and forth game to watch. Obviously, I was disappointed in the end...but congrats to Shelby. That QB to #13 connection is potent.

I will say I was disappointed in some of Hibriten’s fans. Who leaves a game like this with your team getting the ball back with ~1:00 left and two timeouts? Gee had already broken two 70+ yard runs...you never know. I think if the kids are expected to never give up, the least the fans can do is be there when it counts.

Now go get your title, Lions.

It is amazing to me to see post like this! Haha Please keep it up and show your true colors. Are you 13? How many championships do yall have? It looks as if you are after your first! I am glad the people I know from Shelby acted like they did and not in this manner. We gave each other down the road until the game began and then talked real and congratulated each other later. Good to see Shelby has some good fans but I can't say as much about here. Oh well, time to move on to the snow and away from this childish chat. I hope yall don't lose next week for God sakes. You all couldn't handle it for sure and you have made asses out of yourselves. See ya next year
If we lose we lose!!! I won’t be mad at nothing nobody post!!! It’s a message board, it’s made for trash talking!!! It don’t matter if we went state, I’m still going to have so what we still got beat by crest and burns!!! That’s just Cleveland county football..: take your L and move on

Congratulations to the Panthers on a heck of a run.... This game was one heck of a game and sadly someone had to lose it... The kids left it all on the field on both sides.....

Good folks up there, ive been a few times, sat amongst the hibriten faitful in their Matchup with tuscola and also their matchup against Bandys....Good folks to watch a game with

Congrats again to the Golden Lion kids everyone left their season for dead after that 1-3 start..... What a turn around, and yall beat one heck of a dang good team tonight....face another next week... Should be fun.....

Yeah I was about 2 rows behind you. But you know what you told them was exactly right it’s just a game that these kids are playing and we have the pleasure just to watch. You pretty much told them what needed to be said and said it very well.
I’m just glad somebody was there and saw how respectful I was...

Reactions: beamer24
Little hide sight. Hibriten muffed a punt and dropped a pick six in the 1st half. Shelbys recievers had 2 sure TD's dropped. Gee only had 10 carries. Hibritens D did ok mixing up trying to get pressure but didn't change up coverages that I could tell. Maybe alittle press man would have helped I honestly don't know. 1 of the better ball games I've ever seen. I remember when I was in school I saw Coach Cannon and Coach Lewis at a Freedom playoff game. Coach Cannon said in a couple of years we will be able to play with teams like this. I honestly didnt believe him. Since then Hibriten has put some great teams on the field and I'm proud of them both on and off the field. I'm going to miss seeing Gee run he is special. Until next August. Congrats again Shelby.:(

Hats off to Hibriten after getting down they didnt panic and kept comming after us. That was a good football game.. Gee is a stud. Props to Dorian Daivs on the run down from behind saving tackle.
Alot of missed opportunities by both more for Shelby. This was how a 4th round game suppose to be

This game will go down as one of my favorite playoff games. I was on the edge of my seat the whole game. Just like last year the Hibriten staff that worked the game treated us great from the parking folks to the gate workers to the concession stand folks. Hats off to Hibriten they left nothing on the field. I think our coaches did an excellent job with the game plan and play calls. Our receivers missed some nice placed passes early on that should have given us a touchdown or two, but they never gave up. We had some success running the ball which seemed to help settle down our receivers and the quarterback. I'm not sure if Hibriten had been behind at any point in a game this season, but I think with us being up 14 to 7 got into their heads a little bit. They had a great 3rd quarter. When we tied it up at 21 and they missed the field goal it was game on again. We were able to fight through some players going down with cramps and punch it in with a great play call to go ahead. We left to much time on the clock, giving Hibriten time to score. It was time to stand up and get off the edge of my seat. Hibtriten got a few first downs and it was pucker up time. Hibriten called a timeout and our entire team circled the defense on the sideline I knew at that point we were going to stop them.Congrats to Hibriten for going 30 in a row and ending our drive for five, but it's time for us to get back to the ship for another drive for five.

Congrats to Shelby on another trip to the finals.

Shocking that we have another year with Reidsville, Shelby and Murphy in the finals I must say. Good luck to all.

Classy program every year. Did someone post that you had 4 wins in 1990 and that was the worst Shelby has ever done?

I tell ya Hibriten has had their share of bad years. In the 90s nobody woulda even dreamed they’d ever be 3rd or 4th rounders let alone champs last year. I remember some of the avg and below avg East Burke teams would flat out manhandle Hibriten. I say all that to say this, this school has come a LONG way. Shelby is in it and in it every year. Another day at the office per say. Not sure what the outlook for 19’ will be for Hibriten as I’ve seen a really good year for them in 10’ and flat out fall off the map in 11’ when they lose tons of seniors like they will this year. As I’m not a Shelby fan or spectator as some of you inside scope fellas are but I foresee if not a title this year, most def next year as this team carries youth and a lot of it. I’d also expect another North Lincoln playoff meeting and Hibriten meeting next year.

They’ll still run over their conference, I mean that’s not hard to do lol, but 2nd to 3rd round at best next year possibly. Still having some athletes and good players to fill the shoes so it won’t be like going from 2010 to 2011.

Just saying what I saw. I'm NOBODY's boy, you better feel again. I know you wouldn't say that to my face, buh bye, now.... Keyboard Rambo.
Just a figure of speech, you took it too literal, “boy” as in your homeboy but whatever, tough guy, and please believe you wouldn’t be any concern of mine face to face, i stay ready. Pipe down some. Happy holidays to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: seadog28
Little hide sight. Hibriten muffed a punt and dropped a pick six in the 1st half. Shelbys recievers had 2 sure TD's dropped. Gee only had 10 carries. Hibritens D did ok mixing up trying to get pressure but didn't change up coverages that I could tell. Maybe alittle press man would have helped I honestly don't know. 1 of the better ball games I've ever seen. I remember when I was in school I saw Coach Cannon and Coach Lewis at a Freedom playoff game. Coach Cannon said in a couple of years we will be able to play with teams like this. I honestly didnt believe him. Since then Hibriten has put some great teams on the field and I'm proud of them both on and off the field. I'm going to miss seeing Gee run he is special. Until next August. Congrats again Shelby.:(
Mr Beamer your always a class act on here and one of my favorite posters.As for Hibriten they were the best team we played this year to this point and we were lucky to come away with a win but what a win it was.Gee without a doubt is one of the best high school running backs I have ever seen and will never understand why he does not get more carries.Congrats to the Panthers on a great year and incredible run and congrats to my Golden Lions as we go for our fifth championship in six years.

Daletec ..you sound little salty there my friend.
LA not a key board warrior...and i would call out a face to face .he may suprise u
Bottom line great game by both teams... Watched highlights this morning man it was a great one....
Can anybody tell me, how many Sr does Hibriten lose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT