ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs. Hibriten --Round 2

This was a fun back and forth game to watch. Obviously, I was disappointed in the end...but congrats to Shelby. That QB to #13 connection is potent.

I will say I was disappointed in some of Hibriten’s fans. Who leaves a game like this with your team getting the ball back with ~1:00 left and two timeouts? Gee had already broken two 70+ yard runs...you never know. I think if the kids are expected to never give up, the least the fans can do is be there when it counts.

Now go get your title, Lions.
Those people do that all the time.... 30-1 over 2 years and can’t stay 5 more minutes to give those 20 seniors a fitting farewell... Made me very disappointed as a Panther

Hibriten hc/oc blew that game last night...he knew they weren’t going to make fg...Shelby was tired n worn down on defese...hibriten got 4/5 yards a play all second half...u have to go for it...Shelby couldn’t kick fgs either so knowing that if we don’t get it ur offense has to drive 90+ yds to score...I’ll take that risk...I honestly believe they woulda have gotten if they went for it....Witherspoon on pitch let him find crease

Reactions: bigdawg_33
Were not worried bout Burns. Could Crest be worried bout getting beat by another 2a team...in future. When it happens it does look bad....lol

Hibriten hc/oc blew that game last night...he knew they weren’t going to make fg...Shelby was tired n worn down on defese...hibriten got 4/5 yards a play all second half...u have to go for it...Shelby couldn’t kick fgs either so knowing that if we don’t get it ur offense has to drive 90+ yds to score...I’ll take that risk...I honestly believe they woulda have gotten if they went for it....Witherspoon on pitch let him find crease
I wish they would have put the game in #25's hand in that situation. But I back our coaches and players win lose or draw.

We all can second guess Coaches call there on the field goal, I was thinking at the time we haven't stopped you at all the entire third quarter, fourth and 4 go for it.. The quick pitch to Gee we never stopped... They MADE that field goal but the penalty brought it back... In that situation probably the right call, but hey to that point in the third our offense hadnt done much, the momentum was clearly on the Panthers side... That last Shelby drive was huge and Bess was poised back there in the pocket even amongst some good pressure...

What I didnt understand was Gee only getting 10 carries the entire game.... Thats my player I run him 25 -30.... He had 170 plus on 10 carries though...But again I am no coach and Coach Clay is, and he and that team won 30 straight...that says something/.

The defense for the Golden Lions save a couple series played very well though. two very evenly matched ball clubs giving it their absolute all for the entire game, as it should be... we made a couple more plays than the Panthers....

You can leave south point out there done to many cry babies.

Peewee please stop the thumb sucking it's time to put on the big boy pampers and go back to cutting out paper dolls, playing hopscotch or whatever a sissy does. Don't worry about SP. You best worry who is going to clean that stinking pamper since you do not know how without getting crap all over yourself.

Even the radio announcers in the press box said they were pulling jerseys all night and it was never called. They just about pulled the jersey off one d lineman. lol

That is weak. Life is hard when that is the only way you can deal with defeat.

I wanna give props to #10 Isaiah Best. You Shelby fans have something special in that kid. He's got everything going for him to play qb at a D1 school. I swear we had him wrapped up several times last nite and somehow he kept making big plays going down. Kid has a very bright future in front of him!

Great game! Hate it for those seniors at HHS! Great run. Next to last possession for HHS and #25 had no touches. HHS stop before halftime was huge to stop SHS from going into the half with a 14 point lead. #29 interception for SHS, great play, textbook, head back around on swivel, highlight reel pick!
Adjustment for HHS instead of one wideout, went with two to spread out SHS defense, it helped some. Liked #4, (He-Man) Hollified at DE SHS beside the one play when he crashed all the way down, he dominated the line on his side. SHS WR #6 aka beastmode. HHS went for ball instead of securing the tackle. #6 looked like someone turned on PS truck stick! Congrats to the Golden Lions, go get it.

Those people do that all the time.... 30-1 over 2 years and can’t stay 5 more minutes to give those 20 seniors a fitting farewell... Made me very disappointed as a Panther
Heck I even felt bad for walking out while they were being honored. The true fans should have stayed for those men they deserved every honor. This is coming from a guy who’s team won 2 games.

On the feild goal from Hibriten has anyone looked to see if a Shelby player was across the line in the 2nd attempt? Sure looked like it to me

Heck I even felt bad for walking out while they were being honored. The true fans should have stayed for those men they deserved every honor. This is coming from a guy who’s team won 2 games.

On the feild goal from Hibriten has anyone looked to see if a Shelby player was across the line in the 2nd attempt? Sure looked like it to me
I said the same thing. Looked like it to me.
But dont mean shit. Shoulda never been lined up to kick a damn FG anyway. You dont kick fgs to beat a team like Shelby. You dont give them a chance to go back up in a spot like that. Gotta have some guts and believe in your O! A pitch to Gee and the outcome may be different. Play calling used to bite Hibriten in the butt alot few years back. Had gotten away with the bone head plays. Not last nite. That last run Gee had when he got surrounded by half the Shelby D, should have been that HB pass we pulled off in Chapel Hill last year.

Last edited:

Both attempts looked weird, but on the 1st Attempt on HB player moved on the left side, crazy part is the back ref throw the flag, not the side ref and on the 2nd attempt it looked like everybody on both side move early

Both teams attempted a FG that was mind boggling.... A buddy and I figured Shelby would just throw it into the end zone at the end of 1st half

I was glad to see Hibriten actually attempt one honestly...

Both teams attempted a FG that was mind boggling.... A buddy and I figured Shelby would just throw it into the end zone at the end of 1st half

I was very surprised Hibriten tried a field goal on 4 and 4. Was happy to see that because I knew even if they hit the field goal Shelby had time to score the winning touchdown. The way Whitherspoon was running I don't understand why they did not give him the ball more. Glad they didn't.

Reactions: beamer24
Peewee please stop the thumb sucking it's time to put on the big boy pampers and go back to cutting out paper dolls, playing hopscotch or whatever a sissy does. Don't worry about SP. You best worry who is going to clean that stinking pamper since you do not know how without getting crap all over yourself.
Your the one on here been crying for two weeks the two best teams fought it out I probably come to the south point Shelby game next year watch you get that ass handed to you.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Your the one on here been crying for two weeks the two best teams fought it out I probably come to the south point Shelby game next year watch you get that ass handed to you.
Get over yourself peewee. You're the one that drug SP in this conversation. I paid congrats to both teams as quickly as the game ended. If a baby bottle doesn't fix your red a$$ then take a valium. LMAO

Congrats to Shelby and Hibriten. Great two year run for the Panthers, but saw this one coming. Shelby finds a way and they did again tonight. Both are quality teams and one bounce of the ball could have decided who played for the championship. Neither better than the other only one team gets to win.

For people saying Witherspoon should have gotten more touches, I'm of the philosophy that you dont just run ONE player every time[into the ground] if you don't have to. Hibriten had other playmakers, I never took them as a one man team. I like that they utilized everyone. This is not like you old people used to do in the 80s and run ONE person into the ground until he's of no use by the time he gets out of college(if he makes the NFL) with all the wear and tear. It's always best to develop a stable of backs and skill players which makes for a better team.

That said, maybe in THIS one game about 3-5 more touches but they played well enough to win and they didn't.

Bottom line Shelby was better team... I said over and over its not same team ass last year.
I also ..knew Hibriten couldn't stop our passing attack..it was a great game.. On to the next

Reactions: GoldenDynasty2006
I know the facts. Guess u had to eat the facts to since u downed Shelby all week. Even after we were 1-3 u trashing..our team .how u feel now?
Go to basketball thread now

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Ill answer this if you answer how many Crest scored on Huss this year? LOL

Yes Crest boot stomped us, throat punched us etc...... Shut up :)

I was making fun of Burns is all he started the Crest bashing.

We had not been shut out I like 15 or 16 years and this year it happened 2 times to the same team. Very concerning, and all the long you guys improve all season. Congrats make CC proud next week.

What a fun game to call...one of the best games Jeff and I have had the privilege of calling.

There were 5 ties and 4 lead changes - like a heavyweight boxing match between Ali and Frazier. Punch and counter punch all night long. Several momentum swings.

The officiating crew did a great job - I didn't see any calls that were questionable - they let the players decide the outcome.

Both teams did what they do best...Hibriten ran for over 300 yards and Shelby threw for over 300 yards.

If the game had gone another two quarters we probably would've seen two more ties and two more lead changes...

To Hibriten Seniors - congrats on a great run at Hibriten - true champions and great sportsmanship.

To Shelby - represent well next Saturday!

Notashelbyfan, I took it as u bashing Shelby. We consider it one of our worse bosses everr.
As for Crest yes i hate them but normally keep to myself. After the Shelby game i become friends with Zanders and his Dad at gym. Rest of season i pulled for Crest cause of him. So it wasnt bashing on purpose. Misunderstood u...

The officiating crew did a great job - I didn't see any calls that were questionable - they let the players decide the outcome.

I wouldn't say any calls. I saw video of a catch that wasnt a catch. I believe it was in the 4th quarter a Shelby WR looked to have made a catch but didnt. He came back to the ball and fell foward and the ball hit him right in the face area at his hands and while falling back the ball looked clearly to me to hit the ground and the player trapped it.
Not that it would have changed the outcome or maybe. Cant remember which drive it was on.

The only one I saw was the no-call for offsides on the second FG attempt. Watching it live, it looked like Shelby might have jumped...but I couldn't say for sure without replay.

It wouldn't have mattered. You need TDs in those situations to beat Shelby anyway.

Reactions: Mopar forever
What a fun game to call...one of the best games Jeff and I have had the privilege of calling.

There were 5 ties and 4 lead changes - like a heavyweight boxing match between Ali and Frazier. Punch and counter punch all night long. Several momentum swings.

Both teams did what they do best...Hibriten ran for over 300 yards and Shelby threw for over 300 yards.

If the game had gone another two quarters we probably would've seen two more ties and two more lead changes...

To Hibriten Seniors - congrats on a great run at Hibriten - true champions and great sportsmanship.

To Shelby - represent well next Saturday!
Great game indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT