ADVERTISEMENT

Round 3 Eastern Playoff Games Poll

What teams do you think will win in round 3 and move on to round 4?

• Southeast Alamance

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Clinton

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • Hertford County

Votes: 29 65.9%
  • Nash Central

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Whiteville

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • Southwest Edgecombe

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Princeton

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Northeastern

Votes: 36 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FootballDad2023

Jun 29, 2023
I thought it might be interesting to see these results. Since we are down to 8 teams in the East. You get 4 choices. What 4 teams do you think win in round 3 and get to move on to round 4 of the playoffs?

note: I have never started a thread or poll before. So I hope I did it correctly.

I thought it might be interesting to see these results. Since we are down to 8 teams in the East. You get 4 choices. What 4 teams do you think win in round 3 and get to move on to round 4 of the playoffs?

note: I have never started a thread or poll before. So I hope I did it correctly.
I picked Clinton, HC, SWE, and NE.

Thank you guys for participating and anyone else who has. Great choices. Going to be another great week of High School football!

I got Whiteville and Hertford County. Those two games should be very good. I think Clinton wins big even w/o the Maryland commit and I think Northeastern wins by a couple tds even w/o big #4 Devaughn Bell. I cant wait to see that Freshman rb in the backfield tomorrow. He sure brings a lot of hype.

Reactions: FootballDad2023
I got Whiteville and Hertford County. Those two games should be very good. I think Clinton wins big even w/o the Maryland commit and I think Northeastern wins by a couple tds even w/o big #4 Devaughn Bell. I cant wait to see that Freshman rb in the backfield tomorrow. He sure brings a lot of hype.
As of right now it looks like the forum favorites thought to win this week are Clinton, Hertford County, Whiteville and Northeastern according to this poll. I have to figure out how to close the voting later today. Thought I would close it maybe at 4 pm since some games start today at 7 pm. That's if I can figure out how to close it LOL

@daagoob I was looking over Cal Preps projections and looked at Simmons this morning. Looks like the only game that Cal Preps and Simmons doesn't pick the same as this poll so far is the Hertford County @ Nash Central game. Both have Nash Central coming away with the win by 7 points. Going to be a close one. That Whiteville @ Southwest Edgecombe game is going to be a close one too.

As of right now it looks like the forum favorites thought to win this week are Clinton, Hertford County, Whiteville and Northeastern according to this poll. I have to figure out how to close the voting later today. Thought I would close it maybe at 4 pm since some games start today at 7 pm. That's if I can figure out how to close it LOL
Goob upset he wants to know who is the third person that picked Princeton besides Me and Footballdad2023. 😁😁

I think Clinton gets HC next week, that’ll be a fun one. Win that one and your reward is NE.

Take it this way, if Clinton gets through HC and NE, they will have seen the most explosive offenses in the East.
If this scenario happens then Clinton will definitely see two of the most high powered offenses in all of 2a and w/o question the east. I would still have Clinton slightly favored in those games but they just became a lot more interesting.

Goob upset he wants to know who is the third person that picked Princeton besides Me and Footballdad2023. 😁😁
I can promise you this that not one person on these threads honestly believes Princeton will beat Northeastern. They are just hating 😂 praying that the Eagles will get upset so they can show face back on these boards again They hate the fact that our tomatoes 🍅 in the north are better than theirs in the DC 😀. Go Eagles
Go Bears 🐻🦅. See if only Clinton hadn’t of gotten black balled from the ECC you guys would still have representation, big mistake

@daagoob I was looking over Cal Preps projections and looked at Simmons this morning. Looks like the only game that Cal Preps and Simmons doesn't pick the same as this poll so far is the Hertford County @ Nash Central game. Both have Nash Central coming away with the win by 7 points. Going to be a close one. That Whiteville @ Southwest Edgecombe game is going to be a close one too.
I can see that happening. Hertford County is a hard team to gauge because you never know if the good HC is going to show or the bad one. When we played them Rodgers threw for over 200 yards and ran for 110 but we were able to escape with the win because our rb Spencer went for over 400 yards rushing. They really defended the pass well against us and forced us to rely on our running attack. Not to many teams can do that. If the HC team shows up that played Wrh or NE then they will cruise to an easy win imo.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I can promise you this that not one person on these threads honestly believes Princeton will beat Northeastern. They are just hating 😂 praying that the Eagles will get upset so they can show face back on these boards again They hate the fact that our tomatoes 🍅 in the north are better than theirs in the DC 😀. Go Eagles
Go Bears 🐻🦅. See if only Clinton hadn’t of gotten black balled from the ECC you guys would still have representation, big mistake
Yep. I will finally admit it. I was there I voted Clinton out. I feel better now for coming clean. 😁

Princeton Dawgs have a can opener 🤔

See that's funny cause even though I am pulling for Princeton, I actually voted on this poll for Northeastern because I put who I thought would actually win the game. So if you picked Princeton there is 2 others who picked them also besides me. Hope he doesn't get too upset. LOL

How you think Clinton is feeling seeing the votes for Southeast Alamance? Do you think same voters who picked Princeton might of picked Southeast Alamance also?

I think we all can agree though in most situations everyone is always pulling for the underdogs. Only time you wouldn't pull for a underdog is if it's your team playing against the underdogs. So I guess I can see where the votes could of came from. Maybe it isn't all haters. One or two may also be faithful fans to those schools. Never know though @daagoob your theory of who it was voting for those two schools may be right.

I think we all can agree though in most situations everyone is always pulling for the underdogs. Only time you wouldn't pull for a underdog is if it's your team playing against the underdogs. So I guess I can see where the votes could of came from. Maybe it isn't all haters. One or two may also be faithful fans to those schools. Never know though @daagoob your theory of who it was voting for those two schools may be right.
In all due respect I can promise you those votes came out of the DC w/o question. Salty and big mad.

I see zero chance of SE Alamance beating Clinton. I see about a 15% chance of Princeton beating Northeastern. That’s exactly my opinion
About as good a chance as our part of North Carolina getting a 2 foot deep white Christmas this year is probably correct too. Sure has been a long time since we have seen snow that deep especially at Christmas around here.

I want to see a Hertford County vs Clinton matchup. I think most of us on here want to see Williams and Rodgers go head to head. That big time defense against a high powered offense
That is going to be a heck of a game for sure. I am sure Hertford County remembers Clinton ending their playoff run year before last I think it was when their QB and my son was Sophomores. I am sure HC would love to get revenge and will come out fire up.

That is going to be a heck of a game for sure. I am sure Hertford County remembers Clinton ending their playoff run year before last I think it was when their QB and my son was Sophomores. I am sure HC would love to get revenge and will come out fire up.
If it happens I would put my money on Clinton. I definitely would be pulling for HC but I wouldn’t bet against Clinton in this one for sure

Hey @FootballDad2023 how long till someone tries to spin what we’re saying into something negative 😂. You know it’s coming
Well the boards haven't been as exciting lately I guess. I am sure it probably is coming. To be sure they know we are playing around. I just hope we haven't jinxed each others teams. LOL

So you would agree better chance at snow than seeing Clinton or Northeastern get upset this week?
Yes I’d agree. We are missing one of our key players on both ends tonight so that does concern me some. I spoke with him yesterday and he said he would be 💯 next week and good to go. He’s a leader on our team so it’s going to hurt some

I mean honestly though the odds are definitely in both Clinton and Northeastern favor this week in round 3 but the football bounces funny some times and goes wrong direction. No one would be in this round if they didn't deserve to be here. I just think Clinton and Northeastern are better than their opponents this week.

Yes I’d agree. We are missing one of our key players on both ends tonight so that does concern me some. I spoke with him yesterday and he said he would be 💯 next week and good to go. He’s a leader on our team so it’s going to hurt some
We are missing a key player too on both sides of the ball. I do feel both teams have the talent to keep things going. I think tonight's games are perfect chance though for teams to put in their adjustments and build confidence of their missing pieces and prove they are still rolling.

I mean honestly though the odds are definitely in both Clinton and Northeastern favor this week in round 3 but the football bounces funny some times and goes wrong direction. No one would be in this round if they didn't deserve to be here. I just think Clinton and Northeastern are better than their opponents this week.
I know you’ve seen my posts all season. I have said from game one that I’d see Wizard after Thanksgiving.

We are missing a key player too on both sides of the ball. I do feel both teams have the talent to keep things going. I think tonight's games are perfect chance though for teams to put in their adjustments and build confidence of their missing pieces and prove they are still rolling.
Very good post. Tonight up at Northeastern we’re going to get a glimpse of our freshman rb. I’m really excited about this just because of who he is and our coach said he’s going to be better than his father.

Reactions: FootballDad2023
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT