ADVERTISEMENT

Overhauling of the NCHSAA by the NC House

It was political and shouldn't be on public High school campuses. Riddle me this. If it was an Obama sign, or a Biden sign would you or they been so passionate about PROBABTION? Not suspension but probation? There shouldn't be any political leanings at public high schools be it democrat or republican. Pretty simple thought process there.
Again, you aren’t listening…
It’s about what’s NOT in the NCHSAA handbook. I could care less about politics … but Que made it about politics, Not the other way around…not Stanley County? The NCHSAA made it about politics concerning that particular incident. Old saying, Mind your business Que…. “Stick to Sports” has never been more clear but it was her organization who went over and beyond to get involve. Touch fire, get burned

Bookmark these Facts Kid:

This is the best thing to happen to North Carolina HS Athletics in 30 years because
Que Tucker and her regime has hurt NC athletics: Small sample size below:
-
Mismanaged Funds.
- Mismanaged Fines.
- Canceled Fall Football during 2020 Covid Year when other Southern States played.
- They have screwed up the appeals process by being Judge, Jury and Executioners.
- They have botched the 1A - 4-A system to where NC is light years behind other states.
- Kept Old Rules: National TV broadcast in North Carolina won't happen in front of a National ESPN/FOX audience…hurting school income and not showcasing NC's best players.

I know you Liberal democrats hate this post and this takeover but this is exactly what this state needed. Que Tucker set NC back 20yrs concerning all athletics. Let's all Deal with it...the amount of whining and crying over this being governed by the state without seeing them in action is ridiculous! Give them a chance! Geez

Prime Example of The NCHSAA not using Common Sense!

Bookmark these Facts Kid:

This is the best thing to happen to North Carolina HS Athletics in 30 years because
Que Tucker and her regime has hurt NC athletics: Small sample size below:
-
Mismanaged Funds.
- Mismanaged Fines.
- Canceled Fall Football during 2020 Covid Year when other Southern States played.
- They have screwed up the appeals process by being Judge, Jury and Executioners.
- They have botched the 1A - 4-A system to where NC is light years behind other states.
- Kept Old Rules: National TV broadcast in North Carolina won't happen in front of a National ESPN/FOX audience…hurting school income and not showcasing NC's best players.

I know you Liberal democrats hate this post and this takeover but this is exactly what this state needed. Que Tucker set NC back 20yrs concerning all athletics. Let's all Deal with it...the amount of whining and crying over this being governed by the state without seeing them in action is ridiculous! Give them a chance! Geez

Prime Example of The NCHSAA not using Common Sense!

I'm guessing block scheduling is just getting to that area. I think the rule is built on students passing 75% of eligible classes. Her school was on a mixed block and traditional which I never heard of using both. So the school offers 8 classes year which is 4 a semester and you have to pass 3 each semester. NCHSAA has to follow the state board of education guidelines. The NCHSAA did not have any guidelines for a mixed block/traditional from the state board at the time.

The NCHSAA was enforcing the states rules. How are they wrong for that? Then the appeal was denied by the higher board that is separated from the NCHSAA.

You do know that the NCHSAA is the one that looked into it and saw were issues was in the states guidelines and reversed the decision. The player played.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Resort to an attack when you have nothing else to say.

I'm sorry you among others lack the understanding or really care of what is happening in the state.
My wife taught in NC and was blessed to be able to get a job in TN. She has her Masters, Doctorate , and is getting her Admin licenses now because the County she works for wants her to and is paying for it. You have no clue what’s going to happen with this. Nobody knows how this will turn out. You just throw stuff on the wall to see if it will stick.

My wife taught in NC and was blessed to be able to get a job in TN. She has her Masters, Doctorate , and is getting her Admin licenses now because the County she works for wants her to and is paying for it. You have no clue what’s going to happen with this. Nobody knows how this will turn out. You just throw stuff on the wall to see if it will stick.
Congratulations Appvol for going to a state that rewards putting in the effort to get advanced degrees. I seem to remember a state that stopped doing that. Who was it? Wait…it’ll come to me.

Congratulations Appvol for going to a state that rewards putting in the effort to get advanced degrees. I seem to remember a state that stopped doing that. Who was it? Wait…it’ll come to me.
I remember when my wife worked in NC Bev Purdue misusing 50 Million in Lottery money that was for education.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
I remember when my wife worked in NC Bev Purdue misusing 50 Million in Lottery money that was for education.
You’re right. She did use it to balance the budget during the recession. Neither party has a history to be proud of when it comes to funding education and not supplanting educational funds with lottery money. The original 35-40% promise from lottery funds that would be in addition to budgeted funds hasn’t happened under either party. For the last ten years, it’s been one party.

Google has been fired up to show how in the know he is on the matter. No credit will be given though.

• Haha
Reactions: Thunder_struck8712

Y'all just can't stop worrying about what someone else did. It's like revenge is the only thing people focus on. That's well in the past, what's happening now as OC said has been going on for over 10 years and will continue going on. But hey, it's your side so who cares right?

I'm guessing block scheduling is just getting to that area. I think the rule is built on students passing 75% of eligible classes. Her school was on a mixed block and traditional which I never heard of using both. So the school offers 8 classes year which is 4 a semester and you have to pass 3 each semester. NCHSAA has to follow the state board of education guidelines. The NCHSAA did not have any guidelines for a mixed block/traditional from the state board at the time.

The NCHSAA was enforcing the states rules. How are they wrong for that? Then the appeal was denied by the higher board that is separated from the NCHSAA.

You do know that the NCHSAA is the one that looked into it and saw were issues was in the states guidelines and reversed the decision. The player played.
Thanks for making my point...
The Girl had a 4.4 GPA. There comes a time when common sense must prevail and this is exactly that... SHE GETS THOSE CREDITS AT THE END OF THE YEAR! YOU ARE GIVING THE NCHSAA a FREE PASS FOR NOT UPDATING AND GOING OVER THEIR OWN RULE BOOK.

Dude you have issues if you think that case was fair and okay. I'm done responding to incompetent soul-less liberal people who see things only one way! see ya clown!

It doesn't matter what I post, you'll blow it off. You still haven't proven any of your claims.
Because you copy and pasted it without giving credit. I dismissed those claims afterwards and you haven't responded. My claims are that the schools are different and offer students and parents a different opportunity for an education. Yeah a real swing and miss on my part. Fire up the search engine for your next talking points.

Because you copy and pasted it without giving credit. I dismissed those claims afterwards and you haven't responded. My claims are that the schools are different and offer students and parents a different opportunity for an education. Yeah a real swing and miss on my part. Fire up the search engine for your next talking points.

At least I'm willing to educate myself on a topic and not listen to whatever talking head or angry politician is telling me. Excuse me for not citing my work Mr. English teacher.

While some offer a different opportunity others are just intended for the "like mindedness" you mentioned.

Why do you think parents pushed so hard for municipal charters in what Huntersville, Matthews, and Cornelius a few years back?

Thanks for making my point...
The Girl had a 4.4 GPA. There comes a time when common sense must prevail and this is exactly that... SHE GETS THOSE CREDITS AT THE END OF THE YEAR! YOU ARE GIVING THE NCHSAA a FREE PASS FOR NOT UPDATING AND GOING OVER THEIR OWN RULE BOOK.

Dude you have issues if you think that case was fair and okay. I'm done responding to incompetent soul-less liberal people who see things only one way! see ya clown!

Never said it was fair. I just stated facts and rules of what happened and it was fixed, not by the state, but by the NCHSAA. At the time, they were just enforcing a rule they didn't make. It wasn't their rule, so how can the update it?

You are once again uninformed (pattern ex. thinking it was NCHSAA rule,how classifications were made, didnt know NCHSAA fixed it) if you are think I'm liberal. You would be surprised who is my circle. lol. I can look at situations unbiased and see both sides. You assume because someone disagrees with you or talk facts, not feelings, they are wrong you resort to name calling but like I said, it's the dumbing down of society.

At least I'm willing to educate myself on a topic and not listen to whatever talking head or angry politician is telling me. Excuse me for not citing my work Mr. English teacher.

While some offer a different opportunity others are just intended for the "like mindedness" you mentioned.

Why do you think parents pushed so hard for municipal charters in what Huntersville, Matthews, and Cornelius a few years back?
You posted nonsensical points, claimed to know way more than you did and then copy/pasted a list of gripes in order as some kind of thoughts on your own. You are a fraud and the toadies that fall in line because they are supposed to.

Of course when I supported my claims, you ignored those. I never claimed them to be thoughts but legitimate things charters are allowed to do that traditional public schools aren't. You refused to accept reality. YOUR reality is what YOU are told.

You have still failed in everyway to explain why charters are better and what alternatives they offer.

I guess if I copy and paste bills word for word you'll deny as well.

Public school bad. Charter good says my news source.

Of course when I supported my claims, you ignored those. I never claimed them to be thoughts but legitimate things charters are allowed to do that traditional public schools aren't. You refused to accept reality. YOUR reality is what YOU are told.

You have still failed in everyway to explain why charters are better and what alternatives they offer.

I guess if I copy and paste bills word for word you'll deny as well.

Public school bad. Charter good says my news source.
Well when my wife went to teach in TN she went to a charter type school where kids had to put a application in to go to. You had to have a Masters to even teach there. Some off the classes in the school was harder than College classes. She tutored kids from Pakistan who’s dad was a well know heart surgeon before he moved to Nashville for a job. She tutored them in English. Way do you think he had his kids in that school because it was one of the best in the area. Maybe that’s some reason people like Charter Schools better.

Oh no, if we are going to talk about copy and pasting and not giving credit and using opinion talking points then we are going to use data. Why are charter schools better than traditonal schools?

Well when my wife went to teach in TN she went to a charter type school where kids had to put a application in to go to. You had to have a Masters to even teach there. Some off the classes in the school was harder than College classes. She tutored kids from Pakistan who’s dad was a well know heart surgeon before he moved to Nashville for a job. She tutored them in English. Way do you think he had his kids in that school because it was one of the best in the area. Maybe that’s some reason people like Charter Schools better.

I've said there are good charter schools, and there are highly advanced charter schools. But many aren't. For every school like the one you mentioned there are probably 4 that don't require a certification or a higher degree and have lack standards. And if there is a strict application process how can it truly be a public school?

You also know as well as I do schools like that are going to be limited to metropolitan areas where there is influence and money.

Last edited:
EXACTLY. I'LL say it. If this were Charlie Adams, or Davis Whitfield it would have never come up. We have an entity that does a great job and has actually built wealth and not gone into debt and you want to punish them? All because of a couple of schools in republican areas not getting their way?

This started because of an Anson County fight and them being kicked from the playoffs because players knowingly left the bench during a fight. From that point its been a witch hunt to get Que Tucker removed, or the NCHSAA disbanded. Had Tucker resigned this would be a mute point, but she didn't so the republican lawmakers have been coming for her ever since the NCHSAA didn't let Anson county in. Specifically Tom McInnis. It had nothing to do with finances. McInnis had to find some way to make the NCHSAA a bad guy. If Que were an old white man this never happens.

Its funny when Pincrest/UNion Pines got into a fight that no one came after Whitfield. Or when Freedom got hit for fighting. Or when Hickory Ridge and East Meck got suspended they accepted the penalty.

Now Anson football is a shell of its former self and has lost its biggest gate game in Richmond County.
I know Que fairly well which is based on dealings with her for over twenty years. I get along great with her but I am not going against her. Que is a hard charger, very rigid to the rule book. She does not back down. She is also smart and articulate but when she is upset you know it and feel the wrath.

I know McInnis through some of my best friends that deal with him often. He is petty and expects to get his way or else and that is what he said about this.

I think the main reason by far this blew up is McInnis did not get his way. I think Que being female and black fell in line in that order after that by with far less cause than than him not having his butt kissed.

I know the coach at Anson. GREAT guy! He got caught in the middle. He did what he felt was best to keep the team moving forward and did not tell them they would not be in the playoff until the regular season was over. I have NEVER agreed with this rule and have stated that many times. The school administrators seem to be for it and strongly so. They were beginning to put more focus on parents and spectators.

Charlie Adams had been around for years and was a political animal who knew how to handle such situations. Note he got screwed over by the legislature with an unexpected first vote of the morning to change teams to another conference about 16 years ago.

Davis Whitfield was a smooth operator. He would have been challenged on this, also. Que took it head on and did not get an outside allies to assist which is what Charlie would have done. Not sure about Davis.

That was a renewal of the series but Anson did not need to be playing Richmond or any average 4A team. They beat 1A Albemarle (and that is not Albemarle of old) 17-14 and lost by five to North Stanly. That is the teams they need to be playing non conference. Anson bounced from 4A to 3A and back a few times and is now 2A where they have been up and down.

If Hickory Ridge did not get booted there would be no reason to have rules. From what I was told by coaches at UP and Pinecrest the same was deserved in that situation but I did not see any film on it.

I can’t remember all the details from the fight incident but I never got official word on why Anson did not appeal the disqualification? It seems they waited to the end of that particular season to raise a stink.

I can’t remember all the details from the fight incident but I never got official word on why Anson did not appeal the disqualification? It seems they waited to the end of that particular season to raise a stink.
As Btango stated above, the coach already knew but waited to tell team. Seems like he agreed with punishment to me.

Oh no, if we are going to talk about copy and pasting and not giving credit and using opinion talking points then we are going to use data. Why are charter schools better than traditonal schools?
They aren’t “better” just offer a different experience for the kids and parents. Which is a great thing as we should offer kids the opportunity to be put in different situations for their education. As evidenced by the drop in traditional attendance there must be some appeal to these places. But that would be something different and scary and the toadies need it fall in line because they are told it is bad. This conversation can only go so far given your limits.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
As Btango stated above, the coach already knew but waited to tell team. Seems like he agreed with punishment to me.
Yes I am aware but if it was so egregious an error as the politician stated, why didn’t the school challenge it sooner? I agree that the school and coach must have thought it was bad enough not to appeal disqualification. I would love to hear from the school or coach themselves about their reasoning not to appeal.

They aren’t “better” just offer a different experience for the kids and parents. Which is a great thing as we should offer kids the opportunity to be put in different situations for their education. As evidenced by the drop in traditional attendance there must be some appeal to these places. But that would be something different and scary and the toadies need it fall in line because they are told it is bad. This conversation can only go so far given your limits.

Why do you think traditonal attendance has dropped? Because the NCGA has launched a full attack on them while refusing to provide the resources needed for them to be successful?

Yes I am aware but if it was so egregious an error as the politician stated, why didn’t the school challenge it sooner? I agree that the school and coach must have thought it was bad enough not to appeal disqualification. I would love to hear from the school or coach themselves about their reasoning not to appeal.
I think the coach knew/knows the rule regarding players leaving the sideline. I do not like the rule but do you change it then and allow Anson into the playoffs a few months after they were removed or does the NCHSAA bring it to the board at the winter meeting a few weeks later and make the change going forward?

McInnis says their was nothing to it but it memory serves me correct that was right before halftime and the coaches and officials met and decided to call the game. Richmond was up 33-0 at that point.

This was in 2019 so not as vivid.

The coach did not tell anyone they were no longer playoff eligible when the penalty from the NCHSAA came back to them. Anson ended up winning the conference. The parents, school officials, and McInnis then got involved. Richmond did not have the number of players leaving the sideline to get the penalty.

The HC at Anson is a class act and truly cares about the student athletes. He did what he thought was right. His statement was that his players needed to stand up for their mistake they made. Personally, the football people knew and the non football did not and took it to court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT