ADVERTISEMENT

Overhauling the NCHSAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Woke" is, or at least includes, the inability to define "woman", which we have seen a supreme court justice decline to do in a nomination hearing. The left embraces a "blank slate" view of humanity and sometimes seeks to redefine the world to suit its purposes. This may very well happen the other way around and I wouldn't quibble with anyone who wants to provide examples, but let's not pretend that there isn't a movement in this direction.
As to the NCHSAA we see that they have an endowment fund of somewhere in the range of $40 million (or more). There are 432 member schools, so that means the fund totals about $92,000 per school. It is supposed to be a "rainy day" fund but by their own admission they paid out $1.7 million to the schools in 2020-21, which is less than 5% of the fund.
Except for the three parochial schools and some events played at private colleges all of this money was raised by competitions between public schools or at public facilities. The legislature seems to have decided that there needs to be some sort of oversight for this process. This doesn't seem much like "tyranny" to me.

Reactions: owen98
Add to that making it harder for the public to know what they are doing up there in addition to giving total power to some committee called GovOps that apparently can investigate anyone, anytime, anywhere.

The change would grant immense new powers to a state oversight committee, authorizing it to investigate state and local governments as well as private companies and charities. People who the committee feels haven't been fully cooperative could be charged with a crime. And anyone under investigation would face strict confidentiality rules — unable to talk to their coworkers, the media or anyone else about the legislature's actions, critics say.

This. I’m glad you posted this. Without getting too deep in to the details I’m privy to the majority of the backroom negotiations that occur with the budget, and the policies that end up in the budget. The negotiations over this budget have been a circus for the last two months. This particular language is very worrisome, along with language that gives the Joint Legislative Commission on Governmental Operations the ability to investigate government agencies and private companies that get state funding, and to force anyone involved in the investigation to keep it a secret. I hope that people are beginning to pay more attention to what is happening with the legislature.

I enjoy the back and forth myself
Well actually I appreciate that we can have a growup conversation about this stuff and just agree to disagree on issues but while I have a friend at church we've known each other all our lives and we disagree on political stuff but still friends but his brother blocked me on Facebook over it.
Sorry said I was done didn't I lol

I agree people should work and it in the Bible but it's also in the Bible to care for the poor especially the children and the GOP cuts the program for them all the time their parents situation isn't their fault. I know people take advantage of programs but can't throw out the baby with the bath water. You don't think there's people who take advantage of the churches but should we stop helping those who need it because of them?
I'm on disability and I get a little of government stuff besides my social security I was a young widow with two kids and there's government programs besides the kids society security death benefits that I could have gotten but no I worked 6-7 days a week for 30+ years and now that I'm on disability I should have a little help? Well if it was up to the GOP who bty back then voted against social security I be in a heap of trouble and wouldn't get what little hep I get. But should mine be cut out because there are people who'd take advantage of it?
And I keep hearing well Trump was a good president if like you say please tell me what he did that was so great? The only piece of major legislation he passed was again a big tax break for the rich. Highest deficit of any president in a four year term in history and it started going up before covid which he screwed up handling but that's what rich tax cuts does.
And crooked dear heavens he's a well known crook from way back. It funny how people are all up in arms over Hunter okay I don't care lock him up but everything they're accusing the Biden family of doing we know the trump family did do it's on record. His daughter while working in the WH opened 40+ patents in China his Jared while representing the US in the Middle East takes two billion dollars from Saudis.
Trump himself open a new checking account in China while president.
But probably they're all crooked like at the D senator who just got indicted for bribs.
But legislatively what exactly are you against? You have the affordable Care Act while yes like Trump's covid relief money did contribute some to inflation but inflation is global because of the pandemic and then the Russians war was going to happen no matter who was president because of that act as someone in disability ( not the $1,400) but EBT were usually get $23 per month for a year it went up enough to paid for my groceries. It helped a lot of seniors and disabled on SS.
The Chips Act okay trying to make our own chips instead of relying on Taiwan.
Trump kept having infrastructure week but didn't pass anything but now an infrastructure bill with something like 37k projects now going.
While groceries are still high the US overall inflation is down below 2% now been much better than Europe's for the past year.
Do I agree with Biden on everything heck no and if they find he did anything illegal then get him.

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.
Republicans did cut handouts but got jobs going which helps the poor. The Democrats encourage being poor and fatherless homes.
So I think you are not entirely right in your thinking.

Reactions: owen98 and sbbbfan
Mitchell. It’s the church that is supposed to support the widows and orphans or poor if you will but that can be taken to the extreme as well as you know. Trumps tax cuts helped me and I’m know where near rich. Turn off the news and see life for what it is not what you are told to believe. You worked 30 years paying into the system in place so you should absolutely have access to the programs offered. Those who have never payed in should not be. I wish the program that was set up was set up differently initially but it wasn’t. Those like me who still have 25 years left to work even though I’ve already worked for 27 are in a terrible position because most young people now want handouts and don’t want to work so they won’t be paying into the system that I would potentially get paid from This leadership isn’t helping it either. Instead they want to tax me more for those worthless able bodied Americans and aliens. Also they want me to pay back student loans of others that are the only ones able to acquire a higher paying job with the degree that I would potentially pay for. By the way I just finished paying back my wife’s $84k student loans which I had no help paying and won’t get a dime back for. I am not bitter about it other than school shouldn’t cost that much. She made a decision to go to school so we payed for it just like every other student should. Instead of this leadership making other Americans pay for a kids schooling why don’t they figure out how to make going to school cheaper?
The Trump tax cuts helped this uneducated college male that works 50 hours a week. Had to pay taxes last year under Biden since the Trump tax cuts ended.

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.
Republicans did cut handouts but got jobs going which helps the poor. The Democrats encourage being poor and fatherless homes.
So I think you are not entirely right in your thinking.
Well let's put it this way historical. Reagan started supply side or trickle down economics. The Idea that if you lower rich people's and corporate taxes that the analogy that an economics teacher I had gave with Reagan first brought up the idea was that the rich person would take the tax savings and buy a yacht and the yacht maker and his employees make money with the rich guys crumbs. And with corporations they would take it and hire more employees and invest in other companies or endeavors that create jobs. Thing is while there was a modest increase at the beginning the problem ended up being that the rich can already afford a yacht and the companies if there going to invest in something they're going to anyway If they think it's profitable and then they're nor going to hire more people out of the goodness of hearts because they got tax break in fact a lot of it ended up overseas or going to their stockholders.
And the deficit ballooned percentage-wise more than any president of the United States at that time still one of the highest percentage wise.
Then Clinton went the other way increase the rich and corporate tax and lowered taxes for middle and lower middle income an analogy of that was a shoe factory they get a tax cut but they don't hire anyone extra because they're not selling anymore shoes but now you have a everyday people buying shoes with their tax savings and the company is selling more shoes so they have to hire more people. Plus more review is coming into the coffers and the deficit decreases. One thing for sure you give everyday people the big tax cut you know it's got back into the economy.
So Clinton's administration created 2 million more jobs than Reagan plus in the last four years not only a balance budget but two with surpluses. According to the CBO at that time whoever came in next didn't mess with it that the trend we have continued so then came in Bush again with trickle down plus this time not coming out of a recession like with Reagan even other Republicans at the time said it wasn't the right economy to go back to it but still he did and we know what happened next.
And bty here's another fact..
The Democratic presidents were in office for a total of 429 months, with 164,000 jobs per month added on average, while the Republicans were in office for 475 months, with a 61,000 jobs added per month average. And budget deficits have been smaller under Democrats, at 2.1% potential GDP versus 2.8% potential GDP for Republicans.

Last edited:
The Trump tax cuts helped this uneducated college male that works 50 hours a week. Had to pay taxes last year under Biden since the Trump tax cuts ended.
I had to pay for the first time ever this past year on what is usually a return for me

Reactions: BK13T-$
I had to pay for the first time ever this past year on what is usually a return for me
Remember we're still under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) brackets. My point is that you might not have gotten some but under it the more you make the more the percentage of your savings goes up plus the corporate tax rate went from 35% to 21%. The act remains until 2025.
Different reason your taxes can change from year to year some peoples simply because the child tax credit because of the pandemic rose to over $3k but dropped back to $2k lots of reasons it can change.

That was last word Deana sorry, delete this if you want.
I'm against the NC House Bill hopefully it will die in Senate.

Reactions: thekidd12
Brother I'm as NC mountains and Mitchell county as you can get my family was part of the first settlers here part of the first Baptist church in fact first church of any denomination in Mitchell or Avery I've never even come close to California. You do know that speaker of the house is a CA representative?
And I'm very very conservative were it counts I'm more conservative Christian than a lot of registered of Republicans I know I myself don't belong to ether party.
I don't agree with the Dems on social issues but I also don't believe that you can legislate morality people are going to do what they're going to do and the only thing that can change that is getting saved. If the church gotten more concerned and enthusiastic about spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ then then they do what party their voting for there be a lot more get saved you can't try to force people to act morally on the outside until there's a change on inside.
As far as the Republicans I don't agree with their economics they've always been the rich men's party and always will be. They're a one trick pony tax cuts for the rich. And while I believe the Dems are Biblically wrong on social issues I believe the GOP is Biblically wrong the way they treat the poor on economic issues. And you think that all this MAGA group is so morally conservative just watch the video of Lauren Boebert and her boyfriend who owns a drag queen bar was doing in a theater when they got kicked out the other day.
And unlike a lot people I'm not waiting and these days worshiping a politician to come an save the day this ole world yes is getting worse and according to the Bible will continue to but that's okay because I've read the ending and God wins and what I'm waiting on and the way things look this days is to raptured out of here.
So you can call whatever you want I know who my Savior is it's Jesus Christ and it's not some politician on either side.
It's all about POWER on both sides.

If you had half a brain you would know that unfortunately NONE of ORANGE Criminal Man's tax cuts ended in the past year and will not in this tax year. My company does just over 9000 tax returns. I think I would know.

If you had half a brain you would know that unfortunately NONE of ORANGE Criminal Man's tax cuts ended in the past year and will not in this tax year. My company does just over 9000 tax returns. I think I would know.
That’s wrong. There were some tax breaks that ended in 2022

Reactions: owen98
Thunder it is not and never has been a race issue for me but it certainly was and is a race issue for Obama because that’s all he ever talks about and some of my best friends are black and didn’t vote for Obama so why would I be uncomfortable?
Why do conservatives alway bring their “black friends” up when taking about race and politics lol.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
If you support trump, you’re not a Republican lol.

wrong-not.gif

If you were as smart as you think you would have read where I said I preferred someone else other than Trump but I would take him over anything the Dems have to offer. Also the only reason I mentioned my black friends is because all you dems try to throw race out when a Republican speaks. Truth is there is way more racism in the Democratic Party than Republican.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT