ADVERTISEMENT

Overhauling the NCHSAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mayflower Compact literally has no bearing on anything today and was not written by our founders.

That's worse than your tinfoil election spill.

But hey just keep ignoring the blatant power grab while they peddle fear and anger as morals.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
My huge family has always been democrats.
80% changed not . The Democrats left the people. They didn't leave the Democrats.

Reactions: owen98
So you never responded to my comment on the switched legislator. She could vote with republicans without joining the party so why would it be necessary to pay her to join the party as y’all say. If all of what you guys say is true they could have paid her in the darkness of night to just vote with them right? Then nobody know

There is alot that was grouped into the budget last minute. 650 pages or so worth released and voted on in less than 24 hours. NCHSAA bill grouped in with an insurance bull. This isn't a way to govern. I don't care what party it is in control.

Thunder that’s just hogwash. Catch up on your history bro. One of my best friends is a History major and we have studied this very thing

So you never responded to my comment on the switched legislator. She could vote with republicans without joining the party so why would it be necessary to pay her to join the party as y’all say. If all of what you guys say is true they could have paid her in the darkness of night to just vote with them right? Then nobody know
Because the leadership of both parties control their “caucus”. It’s wrong regardless of which party does it.

Thunder that’s just hogwash. Catch up on your history bro. One of my best friends is a History major and we have studied this very thing

So you're telling me the Mayflower Compact is a legally binding document still in effect today written by our founding fathers?

Kinda like.
You can see what's in the bill after it passes?
Nancy

2 Wrongs don't make a right. It was wrong then, it's wrong now. For the love of God can you folks stop worrying about something Nancy Pelosi said and did years ago and focus on what is going on in your state today?

Even a Republican representative from Swain called out the bs earlier this week. They all know it but are spineless and afraid to buck at Berger.

Last edited:
I didn’t say that Thunder. I am saying that those who came over held those values and stood on those values and created all of our laws etc based off of the Word Of God.

Reactions: Eastcoastman1957
I’m asking couldn’t she vote with them regardless of party?
Yes. But she would have been ostracized and punished for her stance. That’s the part that most people miss. Only two or three people in each party make all the decisions. There are no free thinkers on either side. But, in spite of having the smallest of the the three groups of voters (Republicans, Democrats and unaffiliated) the “majority party” calls all the shots.

So the fact that she obviously takes the stance that her former party was no longer the party for her then she receives criticism for thinking for herself

So the fact that she obviously takes the stance that her former party was no longer the party for her then she receives criticism for thinking for herself
Nope. But don’t expect to be reelected in that district. Just wonder what changed in a few months since she espoused greatly different views….I assume in order to get elected. The worst of the worst, hypocrisy.

I can’t pretend to be in her mind but I know people change their minds and some have life altering situations transpire that can change an outlook. I also don’t think you truly know so……

I can’t pretend to be in her mind but I know people change their minds and some have life altering situations transpire that can change an outlook. I also don’t think you truly know so……

At days end she lied and fooled the constituents that voted for her, so if we are going to talk about morals, where are the morals in not honoring your word to the people that elected you?

And because of this, high school sports are about to change, and there isn't anything that makes me believe this will be for the good.

High school sports is not everything. I love it as much as anyone but there are far more important things. The NCHSAA hasn’t exactly done a good job of running things

Reactions: BK13T-$
Like I said I can’t pretend to be in her mind nor can you so everything you or I say is a speculative

Also Biden promised to bring both sides together and he has done nothing other than divide us as a country more and more with each decision he makes along with his unnecessary comments

Also Biden promised to bring both sides together and he has done nothing other than divide us as a country more and more with each decision he makes along with his unnecessary comments
Before the MAGA nuts took over Congress they were able to pass some bipartisan bills like the chips act and the infrastructure bill and right now in the Senate they're working together as they should on the budget. But how in the world could Biden or anyone work with them they can't even get along with other Republicans? McCarthy even said they just want to burn the place down but he's scared to death of them since he handed them all the power to become speaker.
Big problem is compromising has come a dirty word as least in the House I've never seen were one side could work out a deal with the other side for a bill but refuse to unlike in the past were you bragged about passing a bipartisan bill now this bunch only says out laud that they don't want to pass anything with a Dem vote just one sided.
Biden came from a time when both sides has given and take and worked something out but it not him that divided or what I would call real Republicans it's these few MAGA nut jobs.

It’s not maga nut jobs. Both parties have went full on extreme and anyone in the middle has no voice
No they're different. Yes the Democrats have far far left and Republicans far far right and that used to the Freedom caucus but they end the end will work with they Dems especially when you have a very small minority. But these people aren't even in the ballpark and I don't know even if I'd called the conservative not sure what they are. One thing for sure they don't have a clue on how to govern . Even heard other Republicans call them a bunch of clowns head nut Marjorie even got kicked out of the freedom caucus. These people would call Reagan a rhino.
And as far as Obama I wouldn't put that all one him he had to deal with the Tea Party but they didn't hold a candle to this bunch.

Before the MAGA nuts took over Congress they were able to pass some bipartisan bills like the chips act and the infrastructure bill and right now in the Senate they're working together as they should on the budget. But how in the world could Biden or anyone work with them they can't even get along with other Republicans? McCarthy even said they just want to burn the place down but he's scared to death of them since he handed them all the power to become speaker.
Big problem is compromising has come a dirty word as least in the House I've never seen were one side could work out a deal with the other side for a bill but refuse to unlike in the past were you bragged about passing a bipartisan bill now this bunch only says out laud that they don't want to pass anything with a Dem vote just one sided.
Biden came from a time when both sides has given and take and worked something out but it not him that divided or what I would call real Republicans it's these few MAGA nut jobs.

You should move back to California
We going even more conservative here in NC

Division started with Obama and has only gotten worse since

It started because people couldn't stand the fact a black president got elected with a muslim name! It had nothing to do with Obama himself. Don't deny it either. I sat and listened to it in disgust for 8 years in rural areas, and I didn't even vote for the guy but it's pathetic how people acted and still do over it.

But once again, why can't the Republicans on this board stay on topic and discuss the happenings in their state instead of mentioning Pelosi, Biden, or Obama?!?!?

Last edited:
You should move back to California
We going even more conservative here in NC
Brother I'm as NC mountains and Mitchell county as you can get my family was part of the first settlers here part of the first Baptist church in fact first church of any denomination in Mitchell or Avery I've never even come close to California. You do know that speaker of the house is a CA representative?
And I'm very very conservative were it counts I'm more conservative Christian than a lot of registered of Republicans I know I myself don't belong to ether party.
I don't agree with the Dems on social issues but I also don't believe that you can legislate morality people are going to do what they're going to do and the only thing that can change that is getting saved. If the church gotten more concerned and enthusiastic about spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ then then they do what party their voting for there be a lot more get saved you can't try to force people to act morally on the outside until there's a change on inside.
As far as the Republicans I don't agree with their economics they've always been the rich men's party and always will be. They're a one trick pony tax cuts for the rich. And while I believe the Dems are Biblically wrong on social issues I believe the GOP is Biblically wrong the way they treat the poor on economic issues. And you think that all this MAGA group is so morally conservative just watch the video of Lauren Boebert and her boyfriend who owns a drag queen bar was doing in a theater when they got kicked out the other day.
And unlike a lot people I'm not waiting and these days worshiping a politician to come an save the day this ole world yes is getting worse and according to the Bible will continue to but that's okay because I've read the ending and God wins and what I'm waiting on and the way things look this days is to raptured out of here.
So you can call whatever you want I know who my Savior is it's Jesus Christ and it's not some politician on either side.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Thunder it is not and never has been a race issue for me but it certainly was and is a race issue for Obama because that’s all he ever talks about and some of my best friends are black and didn’t vote for Obama so why would I be uncomfortable?

Reactions: BK13T-$
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT