ADVERTISEMENT

Overhauling the NCHSAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell, as Christians it is our duty to vote for those who are closest to what our biblical principles are. Neither party totes the line they should or even use to but the republicans as a whole are far closer to it than the Dems. As far as this rich argument you are sowing. Let’s go to the word. If you don’t work you don’t eat. Also if you are lazy you will be poor. Those are scriptures in paraphrases but the point of the scriptures. The Dems are the exact opposite of this mindset. Wake up man. In the last 3 years we are all living with less because of the idiot leading us. He doesn’t know where he is. He is a liar,pervert,criminal and he is leading us. Well at least he is the puppet. I do agree with you that the only thing that’s going to save this country is for it to turn back to God. I will say I’m not in the majority of republicans of who I want for our next president but if orange man were the candidate I would definitely pick him over what we have. I think the Republican Party has several more electable candidates than orange man but he was a good president if he could just govern and shut up

I will say it’s funny y’all bring politics in this discussion but if anyone disagrees with your assessment then we somehow changed the subject. This whole thread is political

The rapid growth of universal school choice programs continued Friday as the North Carolina legislature passed a state budget with an education savings account available to any family that wants to opt for private education. Funding for the program would increase each year, reaching $520 million by 2032.

This is concerning to me. If the NCHSAA was crooked as some say they wouldn’t be sitting on 42 million. It would have been in pockets long ago. Let’s see how much is in there after a couple of years of government control.

I stand with the NC coaches association and the NCHSAA.

When the school system decides they want to teach academics and not social then they will have more support. I am currently sending my kid to Christian school and will continue to do so until public schools offer a sexual and racial free indoctrination

Reactions: sbbbfan
I will say it’s funny y’all bring politics in this discussion but if anyone disagrees with your assessment then we somehow changed the subject. This whole thread is political
Absolutely it is. Just not national politics. That’s where the discussion went off the rails.

Ok. Our state voted Trump our state voted for Republican majority but somehow ended up with a democrat governor. Kind of odd

Mitchell, as Christians it is our duty to vote for those who are closest to what our biblical principles are. Neither party totes the line they should or even use to but the republicans as a whole are far closer to it than the Dems. As far as this rich argument you are sowing. Let’s go to the word. If you don’t work you don’t eat. Also if you are lazy you will be poor. Those are scriptures in paraphrases but the point of the scriptures. The Dems are the exact opposite of this mindset. Wake up man. In the last 3 years we are all living with less because of the idiot leading us. He doesn’t know where he is. He is a liar,pervert,criminal and he is leading us. Well at least he is the puppet. I do agree with you that the only thing that’s going to save this country is for it to turn back to God. I will say I’m not in the majority of republicans of who I want for our next president but if orange man were the candidate I would definitely pick him over what we have. I think the Republican Party has several more electable candidates than orange man but he was a good president if he could just govern and shut up
I agree people should work and it in the Bible but it's also in the Bible to care for the poor especially the children and the GOP cuts the program for them all the time their parents situation isn't their fault. I know people take advantage of programs but can't throw out the baby with the bath water. You don't think there's people who take advantage of the churches but should we stop helping those who need it because of them?
I'm on disability and I get a little of government stuff besides my social security I was a young widow with two kids and there's government programs besides the kids society security death benefits that I could have gotten but no I worked 6-7 days a week for 30+ years and now that I'm on disability I should have a little help? Well if it was up to the GOP who bty back then voted against social security I be in a heap of trouble and wouldn't get what little hep I get. But should mine be cut out because there are people who'd take advantage of it?
And I keep hearing well Trump was a good president if like you say please tell me what he did that was so great? The only piece of major legislation he passed was again a big tax break for the rich. Highest deficit of any president in a four year term in history and it started going up before covid which he screwed up handling but that's what rich tax cuts does.
And crooked dear heavens he's a well known crook from way back. It funny how people are all up in arms over Hunter okay I don't care lock him up but everything they're accusing the Biden family of doing we know the trump family did do it's on record. His daughter while working in the WH opened 40+ patents in China his Jared while representing the US in the Middle East takes two billion dollars from Saudis.
Trump himself open a new checking account in China while president.
But probably they're all crooked like at the D senator who just got indicted for bribs.
But legislatively what exactly are you against? You have the affordable Care Act while yes like Trump's covid relief money did contribute some to inflation but inflation is global because of the pandemic and then the Russians war was going to happen no matter who was president because of that act as someone in disability ( not the $1,400) but EBT were usually get $23 per month for a year it went up enough to paid for my groceries. It helped a lot of seniors and disabled on SS.
The Chips Act okay trying to make our own chips instead of relying on Taiwan.
Trump kept having infrastructure week but didn't pass anything but now an infrastructure bill with something like 37k projects now going.
While groceries are still high the US overall inflation is down below 2% now been much better than Europe's for the past year.
Do I agree with Biden on everything heck no and if they find he did anything illegal then get him.

Why would they have 42 million? Why?
Folks such as btango and Sportsnut can probably answer that better than I can. But the endowment fund had several purposes. One was to assist member schools in times of emergency. Mostly with the awareness that someday massive lawsuits over concussion issues will probably change the sport forever.
I believe they should have used some of that money during the worst part of COVID. Just like I believe some of the legislature’s multi-billion dollar rainy day fund should have been used.
To answer your election question, that’s easy Unaffiliated voters. Probably a better question is how did we elect a Democratic governor and have a legislative veto proof majority? That’s easy too. Gerrymandering.

When the school system decides they want to teach academics and not social then they will have more support. I am currently sending my kid to Christian school and will continue to do so until public schools offer a sexual and racial free indoctrination

Talking points. Go volunteer in your local public school and see what goes on. You won't do it. It's easier to spread that indoctrination bs instead.

In the same breath, tax dollars shouldn't be going to private schools or the wealthy for vouchers.

Thunder all laws are made with the idea of right or wrong but without God you can’t have moral law. You have to have right to say there is wrong. So yes religion should and initially was used in making our laws. You can’t do it any other way. The government has to borrow from God to make laws which is his standard

Mitchell. It’s the church that is supposed to support the widows and orphans or poor if you will but that can be taken to the extreme as well as you know. Trumps tax cuts helped me and I’m know where near rich. Turn off the news and see life for what it is not what you are told to believe. You worked 30 years paying into the system in place so you should absolutely have access to the programs offered. Those who have never payed in should not be. I wish the program that was set up was set up differently initially but it wasn’t. Those like me who still have 25 years left to work even though I’ve already worked for 27 are in a terrible position because most young people now want handouts and don’t want to work so they won’t be paying into the system that I would potentially get paid from This leadership isn’t helping it either. Instead they want to tax me more for those worthless able bodied Americans and aliens. Also they want me to pay back student loans of others that are the only ones able to acquire a higher paying job with the degree that I would potentially pay for. By the way I just finished paying back my wife’s $84k student loans which I had no help paying and won’t get a dime back for. I am not bitter about it other than school shouldn’t cost that much. She made a decision to go to school so we payed for it just like every other student should. Instead of this leadership making other Americans pay for a kids schooling why don’t they figure out how to make going to school cheaper?

Reactions: Mbulld
Thunder my tax dollars shouldn’t go to public schools that teach everything but academics. Then they turn around and say parents should have no say in what is taught or presented to their kids. Not to mention keeping secrets from the parents about gender identity etc

Reactions: sbbbfan
So heelz some of you say people vote for a party and that’s what’s wrong yet you had a dem elected who changed to republican yet there is outrage that she would change “parties”? She is still the same person so why are you upset? Truth is some of you vote for Dems and they aren’t the dem party of yesteryear. I loved my public high school that I went to and still do but folks should have school choice for their kids. If the public school is going to teach woke ideologies and I don’t want that for my kid I should have options period. We need to teach Math, English, History and Science in school. Not sexuality and race relations.
Could please explain "Woke"? I can. Anything right wing nut case racist do not want their children told about our history combined with anything that goes against what the same right wing nutcase racist want "their" society to look like.
Give me a break.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
But your tax dollars going to a religious school that indeed is indoctrinating is ok?

Who said parents have no say?

It's rich we are in this era of "parents rights" when parents don't actually parent but instead blame schools for the issues. The same parents that will whine over a book their kid isn't reading but won't worry about the cell phone the have.

You literally have no clue what happens in public schools. Just the crap you're being told. Guess what? The world isn't a private school or a religious haven.

You know who doesn't have to comply with the parent bill of rights? Charter schools.

Why are charters being given a different set of rules?

Constant constant attack on public schools being shieled as "school choice", and folks keep taking the worm.

What's going to happen when we keep getting these corporate tax cuts but corporations don't want to move here because the bobo charter and private schools with no standards aren't preparing kids for life after school?

Reactions: btango
Talking points. Go volunteer in your local public school and see what goes on. You won't do it. It's easier to spread that indoctrination bs instead.

In the same breath, tax dollars shouldn't be going to private schools or the wealthy for vouchers.
I don’t have to volunteer when I have a child who just recently graduated from the same high school I attended. I also see the things happening with my own eyes. I see the hypocracy with actions taken against a friend of mine who is black who has been heavily involved in the school system. You can turn a def ear to it but I see exactly what is happening on the front lines

You know who doesn't have to comply with the parent bill of rights? Charter schools.

Why are charters being given a different set of rules?

Constant constant attack on public schools being shieled as "school choice", and folks keep taking the worm.

What's going to happen when we keep getting these corporate tax cuts but corporations don't want to move here because the bobo charter and private schools with no standards aren't preparing kids for life after school?
Most charters are quacky but I also don’t send my kid to those either. It’s a choice to send them there. You don’t have to. I would prefer to send my kid to public school if they would go back to academics etc. until then it’s Christian school not charter

Mitchell. It’s the church that is supposed to support the widows and orphans or poor if you will but that can be taken to the extreme as well as you know. Trumps tax cuts helped me and I’m know where near rich. Turn off the news and see life for what it is not what you are told to believe. You worked 30 years paying into the system in place so you should absolutely have access to the programs offered. Those who have never payed in should not be. I wish the program that was set up was set up differently initially but it wasn’t. Those like me who still have 25 years left to work even though I’ve already worked for 27 are in a terrible position because most young people now want handouts and don’t want to work so they won’t be paying into the system that I would potentially get paid from This leadership isn’t helping it either. Instead they want to tax me more for those worthless able bodied Americans and aliens. Also they want me to pay back student loans of others that are the only ones able to acquire a higher paying job with the degree that I would potentially pay for. By the way I just finished paying back my wife’s $84k student loans which I had no help paying and won’t get a dime back for. I am not bitter about it other than school shouldn’t cost that much. She made a decision to go to school so we payed for it just like every other student should. Instead of this leadership making other Americans pay for a kids schooling why don’t they figure out how to make going to school cheaper?
Well I don't depend on the news reach it and it cut taxes a lot more for the wealthy than the middle class even Trump bragged about to his rich friends and Everytime you cut the riches people or corporate too much their not going to add jobs at least they haven't yet because you give them a tax cut they arrested back into the company or stockholders payout and then much less money coming into the coffers and the deficit shoots up.
And the thing is ether from not being able to or not trying enough the church wasn't able to take care of the needs of the poor so the government had to step in. Again personal example my church family pay my monthly payments for a year to keep me from going homeless while I waited for my disability to be approved but they wouldn't be able to do for me want I get from SS and other stuff . Just think if there wasn't even social security which of course it popular now but they had to fight for the votes.
I understand where you come from in student loans but I guess selfishly I wish they'd went though because my daughters own a lot and never got a high paying job and can't ever think of ever buy a house partly recalls of school debt and they both worked jobs while going to college.
But again I get why you'd be against it.
I agree college should be cheaper the US is 2nd behind Luxembourg in the price of college than other countries. One thing they could do is cut out stupid electives. My youngest had to take a PE class @ NC State so took bowling how stupid. If you cut out electives you can actually cut a bachelor's degree from 4 years to 3 years.
Thing is to with the school vouchers like in Florida they going to wipe out pubic schools. All their $8 voucher does is help those who can already afford sending their kid to private school and taking needed money out of the public schools. Example look at RG that Robbinsville played though they're on the higher side but what would 8k do for most people leaving you another 52k to pay. The average I believe last I looked for private schools is something like 45k. I'm afraid it's going to get were they're going to kill public schools and you have to get a loan to just go k-12.

Last edited:
But your tax dollars going to a religious school that indeed is indoctrinating is ok?

Who said parents have no say?

It's rich we are in this era of "parents rights" when parents don't actually parent but instead blame schools for the issues. The same parents that will whine over a book their kid isn't reading but won't worry about the cell phone the have.
Again it is a choice to send your kid to Christian school. Of course I want my kid to be taught biblical doctrine. You should have the choice to send your kid wherever you want them to go without having to pay like I’m having to. I pay for public school by taxes and Christian school out of my pocket

Well I don't depend on the news reach it and it cut taxes a lot more for the wealthy than the middle class even Trump bragged about to his rich friends and Everytime you cut the riches people or corporate too much their not going to add jobs at least they haven't yet because you give them a tax cut they arrested back into the company or stockholders payout and then much less money coming into the coffers and the deficit shoots up.
And the thing is ether from not being able to or not trying enough the church wasn't able to take care of the needs of the poor so the government had to step in. Just think if there wasn't even social security which of course it popular now but they had to fight for the votes.
I understand where you come from in student loans but I guess selfishly I wish they'd went though because my daughters own a lot and never got a high paying job and can't ever think of ever buy a house partly recalls of school debt and they both worked jobs while going to college.
But again I get why you'd be against it.
I agree college should be cheaper the US is 2nd behind Luxembourg in the price of college than other countries. One thing they could do is cut out stupid electives. My youngest had to take a PE class @ NC State so took bowling how stupid. If you cut out electives you can actually cut a bachelor's degree from 4 years to 3 years.
Thing is to with the school vouchers like in Florida they going to wipe out pubic schools. All their $8 voucher does is help those who can already afford sending their kid to private school and taking needed money out of the public schools. Example look at RG that Robbinsville played though they're on the higher side but what would 8k do for most people leaving you another 52k to pay. The average I believe last I looked for private schools is something like 45k. I'm afraid it's going to get were they're going to kill public schools and you have to get a loan to just go k-12.
We don’t pay $8k for our school if so we couldn’t do it. It’s a smaller Christian school. Maybe 150-200 kids. We looked at some of the others and they were just way too high. We are happy with our choice. My boy is in 1st grade. The whole first grade is one class of less than 25 kids. The school k-12

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
To simplify it for you. Had I sent my son to public school I would have paid more for after school care for a couple hours each day than I pay for my son to go to Christian school all day with after school

We don’t pay $8k for our school if so we couldn’t do it. It’s a smaller Christian school. Maybe 150-200 kids. We looked at some of the others and they were just way too high. We are happy with our choice. My boy is in 1st grade. The whole first grade is one class of less than 25 kids. The school k-12
Yeah I don't blame you especially these days. But I'm referring to secular private schools etc 8k isn't going to help them unless they already can afford it. I'm afraid vouchers like in Florida is this going to separate the classes and erode the middle class even more.

I get what you’re saying but for me it’s about accountability. It’s a scary world we are living in and if we don’t stand up for our children despite any interests we may have. Nobody will

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
To simplify it for you. Had I sent my son to public school I would have paid more for after school care for a couple hours each day than I pay for my son to go to Christian school all day with after school

I've said for years that after school care should be funded. That's the fault of the NCGA refusal to fund public schools. There are ways to fix this but they aren't going to fix it. Instead they'll shift money to places that can make them money.

All this school choice isn't happening for the kids and parents. It's happening due to special interests.

You literally have no clue what happens in public schools. Just the crap you're being told. Guess what? The world isn't a private school or a religious haven.
That is the most ridiculous thing you have said. My daughter just literally graduated 2 years ago. I have a kid of age now

Reactions: BK13T-$
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT