ADVERTISEMENT

(Live Now) 5/30/23 Watch Live: House Education Committee holds hearing on SB 636,

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC
HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS: By Highschool OT
Posted April 13, 2023 11:20 a.m. EDT
Updated April 13, 2023 12:42 p.m. EDT

Blake: Now that's 'nontraditional' -- the irony of SB 636​

Senate Bill 636, which was introduced last week and threatens to strip the N.C. High School Athletic Association of many of its powers, but one part catches my eye the most.

(Live Now) 5/30/23 Watch Live: House Education Committee holds hearing on SB 636,​

Last edited:

Senate Bill 636, which was introduced last week and threatens to strip the N.C. High School Athletic Association of many of its powers, but one part catches my eye the most.
Excellent point. But, then again, when has our legislature ever modeled consistency?

(Live Now) 5/30/23 Watch Live: House Education Committee holds hearing on SB 636,​

They are back.

Last edited:
Or u could just tell us results lol
No vote was taken today but a lot of good questions were asked and Que Tucker only got 2 minutes to cry and wanted more and said 2 min. was not long enough. Hope you aren't asking my short memory to remember a 48 min. meeting. I just remember some good questions were asked.

Last edited:
I did not hear a vote taken today but a lot of good questions were asked and Que Tucker only got 2 minutes to cry and wanted more and said 2 min. was not long enough. Hope you aren't asking my short memory to remember a 48 min. meeting. I just remember some good questions were asked.
Here you go TD. You can click on this tweet from Nick Stevens to get a summary.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I believe Nick was posting mostly in favor of the NCHSAA. He also left out the statement from the House after Tucker and Guthrie spoke that they (NCHSAA) had plenty of time to respond and listen to the end of the meeting at the 46-minute mark of the approx 49-minute meeting.

Last edited:
I believe Nick was posting mostly in favor of the NCHSAA. He also left out the statement from the House after Tucker and Guthrie spoke that they (NCHSAA) had plenty of time to respond and listen to the end of the meeting at the 46-minute mark of the approx 49-minute meeting.

If you'd watch the hearing you'd realize that the NCGA is about clueless in much of what goes on with high school sports.

I am not sure why the obsession to do away with NCHSAA, the schools throughout the state have come out in 100% support The NCADA has given 100% support. Does anyone realize what a cluster the NCGA would be trying to run HS athletics. As I have said many times I am not the biggest Q fan, but she is not the problem.
Look at it through the lens of being antagonistic to traditional public education. Any time they want to penalize or punish schools, they frame it as being advocates for parents’ rights. They view themselves as all knowing experts on every subject. And many have a savior complex. “Only I can fix it”.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Let us also acknowledge how they have lost their mind over the thought of NIL but have no problem turning schools over to for profit entities

Legislators start their freshman terms in a pretty powerless position and spend the next dozen years trying to claw their way to the top. Few these days resist the temptation.
That's why we need term limits set at 8 or 12 years with everyone that has been in office, state and federal over say 12 years must give up their sets when the next election comes up after this is enacted and must not run again. Once the old timers are circulated out of office, then it becomes fair to all newcomers and they don't have time to be bought off by these large corrupt companies paying them, not buying them off. That is why Trump was good, he could not be bought off by domestic business or foreign counties like Biden and his family. Of course, with short terms, they will find a way to get bought off ! It is a corrupt world from the NCHSAA up through the House, Senate, State & Federal, and Presidency. May God Bless This messed-up Country ! !

Last edited:
It's always been corrupt(the government that is) and the notion it is a messed up country is just there to make people fearful. Sure there are aspects of things that are messed up but we have it much better than many. America has a history of corruption, hate, and bigotry.

They'll take the NCHSAA and turn it over to a for profit institute that someone will have financial gain in. That's the endgame here I believe.

Last edited:
What has the NCHSAA done that is corrupt? Just curious, I have never heard them called corrupt before. Mismanagement maybe, but corrupt? Please expound.

I do believe there was a Mt Airy Superintendent that served a president of the board for NCHSAA forseveral years, were they corrupt through those years?
You smart azz, you always have to make everything about Mount Airy High. You always look for a reason to turn it on Mount Airy High to get at me..... And about the NCHSAA, they have been talked about every year since I have been on NCPreps because people don't like the way they handle things, not just this year. You only notice it this year because of the bill SB-636 ! ! !
My problem is they are not transparent and seem to hide what is done with all the money they have stashed back and what there salaries of all part and full-time employees that work there are. That has been asked before over the years but I have never seen an answer. It was posted by someone last year that they should make available on their website every penny they have and every penny they spend. I am TD, not Mount Airy High School ! What I post is my opinion and mine alone so once again stop bringing MOUNT AIRY UP ON MY POSTS as though Mount Airy High posted on here ! !

Yes, a Mt. Airy Principal, and she may have served as the Superintendent of City Schools also but my memory is not as good as yours but she did serve on the board for NCHSAA maybe 8 years ago and may have served as the president again my memory is not as good as yours, but she was not the Commissioner running the whole show ! !

You are not a Moderator, you're an Agitator ........

Last edited:
What has the NCHSAA done that is corrupt? Just curious, I have never heard them called corrupt before. Mismanagement maybe, but corrupt? Please expound.

I do believe there was a Mt Airy Superintendent that served a president of the board for NCHSAA forseveral years, were they corrupt through those years?

giphy.gif

350299490_1618909658607614_2391023304220980253_n.jpg

Last edited:
You know that is at least the third time you have referred to me as an ass hole. I guess you fill better after doing that.

You know I am sitting down here in the hospital and thought I would just pick on Mt Airy HS. I asked a simple question, what is corrupt about NCHSAA? So then I get called names instead of an answer. Corruption certainly needs an investigation.
Do you ever get anything right ? Always trying to make me look bad and I don't see you doing to others, what you do to me. You have been this way with me for years.....😂😂😂..... 👀

Your comment: You know that is at least the third time you have referred to me as an ass hole. I guess you fill better after doing that.

My comment: You smart azz, you always have to make everything about Mount Airy High.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT