ADVERTISEMENT

Overhauling of the NCHSAA by the NC House

What is the point? We can be nuanced enough to understand that charters and traditional operate under different circumstances when evaluating them. At no point would that justify trying to eliminate them. Just put in more effort at figuring out why the traditional ones aren’t better.
I never mentioned eliminate just difficulty in making the fair comparison. Is the growth of charters and the favorable treatment part of the reason traditional date not better?

Reactions: bigdadd11103
I never mentioned eliminate just difficulty in making the fair comparison. Is the growth of charters and the favorable treatment part of the reason traditional date not better?
It’s not going to be fair anymore than comparing a Wake County school with one in Wayne, Scotland or Rutherford. The idea is that these schools offer a different approach to the traditional method and the reasons for denying them this chance are lacking. Like these kids going to a charter hurts the local traditional school because the better students are leaving a vacuum in the area. Because we should in the business of denying those kids a challenging environment with like minded students.

Like minded. There it is. There is the buzz word. "We don't want our kids to be at this school with these kids." We aren't stupid. We know many of the reasons charters exist.

Just because it's a charter doesn't mean it's more challenging. Look at the report cards for several charters. Sure the Grey Stone Days, Pine Lake Preps, and Thomas Jeffersons do a good job, but it isn't all sunshine a rainbows.

Why can't traditional public schools be given the tools to handle a different approach and to meet these special needs? Why can't traditional public schools in general be given the keys to the Ferrari like charters instead of the keys to the Fiesta?

No one has answered the question as to why charters should be given a different set of rules while traditional schools are handcuffed, and it's funny things went silent when the receipts for the numerous differences started coming out.

29% of charter schools in the state were low performing last schools year.

For comparison:
35% of schools in CMS were low performing
29% of Iredell-Statesville
17% of Cleveland County
14% of Cabarrus County

Drink drink drink that Kool Aid.

Our traditional public schools can be amazing. It's time that's recognized and they are treated and funded as they should be! Stop buying into the nonsense politicians with their hand in the cookie jar are selling regarding public schools.

Last edited:
It’s like minded because the parents and students applied to go there for something different than a traditional one. That’s the point of their existence. Parents and students wanted a different experience due to the shortcomings of the existing model and instead of addressing those you just want to shut them down. Because you lack the ability to defend your views and “know what’s best” for everyone.

Why not work on those schools that have seen their enrollment drop instead of attacking the alternatives. Find a new copy paste and get back to me.

It doesn't matter if it's copied and pasted, written word for word, or paraphrased, you obviously lack the understanding of the facts you keep getting presented with while ignoring several key details that have been called out. You're running circles.

No one is saying "close charter schools." But if the state would put as much energy into traditonal public schools as they are charter, while allowing traditional public schools to play by charter rules the need for charters would greatly increase. You can seem to get a grasp on that.

I guess you'd rather me listen to someone tell me what to be mad about instead of doing a deep dive into the issue.

Why don't you present some data to counter my points since you are the expert on the need for charters.

Once again 29% of charter schools were low performing, but we continue to hold them harmless with unfettered growth.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
It does matter if those are your feelings and you don’t give credit to the person that actually compiled them. You wish to bring them under control so that what makes them different will be eliminated. Back to the status quo that had parents wanting something else.

Not a bad idea about going after underperforming schools. We should go after them. Let’s start with the largest body first that is hemorrhaging students.

This is the best thing to happen to North Carolina HS Athletics in 30 years because
Que Tucker and her regime has hurt NC athletics: Small sample size below:

- Mismanaged Funds.
- Mismanaged Fines.
- Canceled Fall Football during 2020 Covid Year when other Southern States played.
- They have screwed up the appeals process by being Judge, Jury and Executioners.
- They have botched the 1A - 4-A system to where NC is light years behind other states.
- Kept Old Rules: National TV broadcast in North Carolina won't happen in front of a National ESPN/FOX audience…hurting school income and showcasing NC's best players.

I know you Liberal democrats hate this post and this takeover but this is exactly what this state needed. Que Tucker set NC back 20yrs concerning all athletics. Let's all Deal with it...the amount of whining and crying over this being governed by the state without seeing them in action is ridiculous! Give them a chance! Geez

Last edited:
Reactions: Appvol
This is the best thing to happen to North Carolina HS Athletics in 30 years because

- Mismanaged Funds.
- Mismanaged Fines.
- Canceled Fall Football during 2020 Covid Year when other Southern States played.
- They have screwed up the appeals process by being Judge, Jury and Executioners.
- They have botched the 1A - 4-A system to where NC is light years behind other states.
- Kept Old Rules: TV broadcast in North Carolina games won't happen in a National ESPN/FOX audience while hurting school income and showcasing NC's best players.

I know you Liberal democrats hate this post and this takeover but this is exactly what this state needed. Que Tucker set NC back 20yrs concerning all athletics. Let's all Deal with it...the amount of whining and crying over this being governed by the state without seeing them in action is ridiculous! Give them a chance! Geez

We've never said it was perfect with the NCHSAA.
They government had plenty of chance with schools. Get out of here. How can conservatives whine over government take over so much then be absolutely delighted by this?

Small government my rear.

- Mismanaged Funds.
- Mismanaged Fines.
- Kept Old Rules: TV broadcast in North Carolina games won't happen in a National ESPN/FOX audience while hurting school income and showcasing NC's best players.

Agree with mishandling of covid.
1A-4A mishandling is due to member schools not voting for a change.
Agree with old rules on TV broadcast.
Don't know enough about funds, fines or appeals.

I just wish the GA would handle this crap less politically.

All this polictal mess that is getting involved with NCHSAA all comes from some local schools and them not getting their way and feeling they should be above the set rules. Noone had any issues with rules until it effects them directly negatively.

I am pretty sure the pandemic time frame payout was closer to $5 million in 2021.

People knowing partial stories without researching is usually what arguments like this one consist of. You have to realize that not all the fund is cash. It's investments in property, mutual funds and securities. Smart investments if you ask me. (Netting 5-7 million a year). The NCHSAA isn't making money on the schools.

The US is in massive debt, and everyone knew we had stability when we are in surplus( it's been so long most forgot what that's like). Why would it be any different for any other business (NCHSAA)? It's not like they have this frivolous spending and pocketing money into employees bank accounts. The money is there for the long-term and growing for the future. I believe NC is one of less than 4 states in the US that the governing body of high school sports has a surplus. The rest are in the negative and having hard times with basics. Talk to any of the other states 46 states high school governing bodies and I would bet 100% would rather be in NC shoes.

I firmly believe the oversight is strictly because of who leads the NCHSAA.
EXACTLY. I'LL say it. If this were Charlie Adams, or Davis Whitfield it would have never come up. We have an entity that does a great job and has actually built wealth and not gone into debt and you want to punish them? All because of a couple of schools in republican areas not getting their way?

This started because of an Anson County fight and them being kicked from the playoffs because players knowingly left the bench during a fight. From that point its been a witch hunt to get Que Tucker removed, or the NCHSAA disbanded. Had Tucker resigned this would be a mute point, but she didn't so the republican lawmakers have been coming for her ever since the NCHSAA didn't let Anson county in. Specifically Tom McInnis. It had nothing to do with finances. McInnis had to find some way to make the NCHSAA a bad guy. If Que were an old white man this never happens.

Its funny when Pincrest/UNion Pines got into a fight that no one came after Whitfield. Or when Freedom got hit for fighting. Or when Hickory Ridge and East Meck got suspended they accepted the penalty.

Now Anson football is a shell of its former self and has lost its biggest gate game in Richmond County.

I've said it before - there are members of the legislature that will not be satisfied until Que falls on the sword. Good, bad, or indifferent, whatever our take - she rebelled when they wanted to look at the finances and thought she had cover from the Governor's office. She thought they couldn't do anything about it. Roy Cooper isn't going to ride in on his lame duck with his Antifa Light cadre' and save her. The quicker the Board of Directors get her to walk, the quicker this will end.
What exactly has Que done wrong? What has she done differently than Adams, and Whitfield. Please be specific...... I'll wait.......

Reactions: shutdownD24

- Mismanaged Funds.
- Mismanaged Fines.

What funds were mismanaged? Dont go over your repub talking points, Be specific. Much of the endowment was grown under Adams, and Whitfield, and much of the same rules were in place then. Did you cry for a government take over then or just now?

The appeals process is set by the board and approved by member schools. Most of the schools accept penalties for fighting. When we stop penalizing fighting you gonna have all out brawls weekly. The fact that the penalty is so severe it it leads to schools behaving better. Anson had a decent season for once but couldn't not fight. They knew all year they would be suspended.

1A to 4A is based on member schools and their choices. Has nothing to do with NCHSAA president. School memberships make those calls.

What funds were mismanaged? Dont go over your repub talking points, Be specific. Much of the endowment was grown under Adams, and Whitfield, and much of the same rules were in place then. Did you cry for a government take over then or just now?

The appeals process is set by the board and approved by member schools. Most of the schools accept penalties for fighting. When we stop penalizing fighting you gonna have all out brawls weekly. The fact that the penalty is so severe it it leads to schools behaving better. Anson had a decent season for once but couldn't not fight. They knew all year they would be suspended.

1A to 4A is based on member schools and their choices. Has nothing to do with NCHSAA president. School memberships make those calls.
A lot of people are misinformed and go by here say and have no clue. We will see if any evidence is shared of mismanaged funds. Like you said, the funds was there before Que was over it. Somehow it is now a problem? Same people saying that don't even know how classifications are the way they are, basic info. Society as a whole has dumbed itself down, noone researches.

You seem quite butt hurt...the mismanaging of funds can be an array of things like NOT taking National TV money from ESPN/FOX to broadcast Teams in the great State of North Carolina.
Fighting and paying lawyers against players and teams during the appeal process when QUE "almighty" could have just made a logical decision and reinstate a team or player(IN WHICH, THEY RARELY EVER DID ON MULTIPLE OCASSIONS) The NCHSAA went out of their way to hurt students and teams and those who appeal... well, The student/teams "rarely WON THOSE APPEALS") There were times when the NCHSAA made poor decisions when common sense should have prevailed. Sure, they knew they couldn't lose those cases because of the paperwork schools had to sign.

They (Que's Regime) were on their high horse and became "Judge, Juror and Executioner" and sure as hell; it has led to their demise. They can't leave fast enough. "Good Riddance"

Last edited:
How is not taking money mismanaging of funds?

What teams and players were not reinstated? Which specific situations are you talking about?
I don't have enough time in the day to go over all the players & teams over the past two decades who wasted their time on the fake appeals process. Google it... And Yes, Anson as a team is one of many.

Read attachment on the mismanagement of funds.

You seem quite butt hurt...the mismanaging of funds can be an array of things like NOT taking National TV money from ESPN/FOX to broadcast Teams in the great State of North Carolina.
Fighting and paying lawyers against players and teams during the appeal process when QUE "almighty" could have just made a logical decision and reinstate a team or player(IN WHICH THEY NEVER DID ON MULTIPLE OCASSIONS) The NCHSAA went out of their way to hurt a student or team and those who appealed... well, The student/teams "NEVER WON THOSE APPEALS") There were times when the NCHSAA made poor decisions when common sense should have prevailed. Sure, they knew they couldn't lose those cases because of the paperwork schools had to sign.

They (Que's Regime) were on their high horse and became "Judge, Juror and Executioner" and sure as hell; it has led to their demise. They can't leave fast enough. "Good Riddance"
Man this is too easy. Do you know what mismanagement of funds is?

-Also for every team that appealed you had more teams that accepted their penalties for fighting. What would you say if team A got penalized for fighting and team B didn't? You would say she is biased. When Whitfield suspended teams did you have an uproar then or just with Que? You are showing your true bias here.

Just give one example of mismanaged funds. Funds that she had that were mismanaged? Just give one example. Again I'll wait. Not some imaginary could have been money, but actual funds. I'd say the NCHSAA has done the exact opposite and handled the funds VERY well.

All of this is over hurt Anson County fans who were mad Anson got popped and Richmond County got to stay in the playoffs. And a motive to remove Que for doing a good job. They had to sneak this bill through attached to another bill, after they had an agreement. Hypocrisy at its finest. But that's the republican way nowadays.

Reactions: ocdavis31
I don't have enough time in the day to go over all the players & teams over the past two decades who wasted their time on the fake appeals process. Google it... And Yes, Anson as a team is one of many.

Read attachment on the mismanagement of funds.

Your article really supports that Que is doing a great job. While other states are broke, and running deficits. NC isn't. They were mad about Anson and then mad about a fund. They wre mad that the NCHSAA is doing a good job at saving money, unlike the politicians. LOL.

That didn't answer either question I had.
How about this student from Richlands HS... Read this and tell me this isn't egregious; Basically, trying to hurt a student with a 4.4 GPA...that should answer your question.

A great Example of Common Sense that DID "NOT" PREVAIL

Last edited:
How is not taking money mismanaging of funds?

What teams and players were not reinstated? Which specific situations are you talking about?

https://www.wral.com/amp/19566960/

or How about this ATTACHMENT above that got Que pretty muched fired:

You see... I do my homework: there was no video evidence of players entering the field according to Senator McInnis who viewed the tape....they punished the players, a school a small town and it comes down to this: Basic common sense needs to prevail.

Last edited:

- Mismanaged Funds.
- Mismanaged Fines.

Mismanaged Funds and Fines. In what way?

The NCHSAA did what they were told by the Governor’s advisors on COVID. That situation was much higher up the chain than the nchsaa.

Agree on the Appeals Process needing change, a different board not affiliated directly with the NCHSAA to hear the appeal would be a good start.

1A-4A is on the schools. Set in meetings where the NCHSAA offered a football only alignment and discussions on three, five, and six classifications. The schools could never grasp change very well.

TV broadcast rules have changed over the years. Probably need more review as this component co to use to evolve.

Many state associations have reached out to the NCHSAA over the years for info and guidance. One of the most respected by other governing bodies. I am sure there are varying reasons for that and some we may not agree with.

How about this student from Richlands HS... Read this and tell me this isn't egregious; Basically, trying to hurt a student with a 4.4 GPA...that should answer your question.

This actually followed the new appeals process to that circumvented the NCHSAA. I would like know the specific reasoning for the initial denial and the appeals failure.

Your article really supports that Que is doing a great job. While other states are broke, and running deficits. NC isn't. They were mad about Anson and then mad about a fund. They wre mad that the NCHSAA is doing a good job at saving money, unlike the politicians. LOL.
Wrong BidDadd... they are hording money that schools need especially during covid.

To me it seems like a coach/AD/county issue that they didn't catch this and have her take a class for the .5 credit the prior semester., As BTANGO mentioned before we have seen football teams forfeit entire seasons over players changing from one program to the other. The NCHSAA didnlt make the mistake nor should they fix it IMHO. The parents should be made at the school and AD

Wrong BidDadd... they are hording money that schools need especially during covid.
Not hoarding most of it is not even able to be touched immediately. Its called SAVINGS. somethings that most Americans do not believe in this day and age. Its spend spend spend, so you are like the rest of the 46 state organizations with no money. But you right penalize them for investigating and managing money well.

Reactions: shutdownD24
I thought holding up the sign is what made it about politics.

Probation basically meant not to do that again, nothing more.

I personally do not support any political signage or advertising on any government property.
We are talking about it NOT being in the NCHSAA rule book.

No offense, I don’t care whether you like it or not. They over stepped their boundary. It(pic) was also taken before the game.

Last edited:
How about when QUE Tucker made it about politics and lied about a rule that was never in place in her NCHSAA handbook:
https://hudson.house.gov/media/in-t...n-to-place-north-stanly-team-on-probation-for
It was political and shouldn't be on public High school campuses. Riddle me this. If it was an Obama sign, or a Biden sign would you or they been so passionate about PROBABTION? Not suspension but probation? There shouldn't be any political leanings at public high schools be it democrat or republican. Pretty simple thought process there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT