ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs Dillon 2015 Rumor

Niteshf

Jul 25, 2013
Greetings Mavericks,

Congratulations on your 2nd championship....following you throughout the season, I know that it wasn't easy, as it was last year, but yet you rose to the occasion game in & game out!!! Anyway....the Dillon Wildcat Nation have began to hear rumors of a rematch between Dillon & Mallard Creek in week zero of the 2015 season.....we wanted to know are there any hard-chargers up there that can confirm that such an awesome event will in fact take place....of course only reliable resources need to respond. it's no secret that we're looking for some payback, and it'll be well worth the trip....well I've asked.....maybe I'll get an answer some time in the future.....Happy Holidays to all and may you all have a prosperous new year!!!!

Looks like we might be playing Don Bosco, NJ. Already playing Indy & Butler. Throw in Dillon we would be dead by conference play.

Sorry to say, but none of the rumors here include Dillon. All of us lose on that one, but maybe you guys can get together again some day.

Mallard Creek HC discussed the schedule next year mentioning Indy, Butler, and trying to setup Don Bosco Prep from New Jersey for the opener. That would be a huge name. MC needs to be going full speed from the whistle though. Cannot lag behind early as they did the last two seasons.

That leaves one game dropping Berry, Catholic, and Christian. Why not two defending NC state champions meet. I think MC should go on the road to Shelby or Crest to open the season. Hostile crowd. Match um up.

Shelby and Crest both prove every year that they want no part of Charlotte football, despite being located right down the road. It would wreck their delusions of grandeur.

Yeah...I guess so....we have a killer young squad coming back with our All American Quarterback and 18 starters from an undefeated season, where we were offensively unstoppable....I was so looking forward to that rematch with y'all.....man that sucks!!!!

Scotland is really close to Dillon...certainly a lot closer than the Charlotte schools are. Makes total sense.

With Robinson leaving the conference they have five non conference games available.

According to this article Butler, Indy, and Garinger are confirmed. In addition to Bosco they are speaking with West Rowan, Reidsville, and Nations Ford SC.

If they do not get a big name national game or a big name SC team I am calling BS.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/12/15/5387199/mallard-creek-works-to-beef-up.html#.VI-Vx6YeZ50

Just spoke to Coach Palmieri and it's Leesville Road in Raleigh they are talking to. Don Bosco's season starts later so this game may not happen.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Coach P talked about a game of national relevance. There are teams that will play Mallard Creek but they need to understand people are not paying MC big bucks to come play them nor coming for free. MC wants money and the big name. Does not work that way.

Leesville Road are you kidding me. Coach P is saying 2015 will be the equivalent of 2013. If so get on the phone and start calling Georgia, South Carolina, and eastern Tennessee. Play Marysville! Play Buford! Play someone that is a national name or lets drop the talk.

If Dutch Fork can go to Allen Texas and Byrnes can make it to Concord CA to play DeLaSalle then Mallard Creek can get on I-85 to the Upstate or Atlanta or I-40 to Tennessee.

Did Garinger really sign Mallard Creek up for a non conference game?

Garinger has more balls than Shelby and Crest combined.

I spoke with Jackie Hayes, Dillon's Head Coach just the other Day. He said that a Dillon - Mallard Creek game is possible for week 1. He didn't say it was a done deal, but he did say that they have been in contact with Mallard Creek staff about it.

Everyone gets excited about the big national game but I just want to see good football. Would love to see a MC match up with Dudley, Hillside, Scotland and Richmond or over the border with NW or Dutch Fork. I find those matchups more intriguing. Plenty of good football being played in the Carolinas

MC best leave Dillon out of the mix. No win situation for MC. If they win," they are suppose to" and if they lose, they will hear about it the whole season. McCall is the real deal at Dillon and has a darn good team around him. If they should play next year, I will be there.

Originally posted by hokiemtc:
Shelby and Crest both prove every year that they want no part of Charlotte football, despite being located right down the road. It would wreck their delusions of grandeur.
You're an idiot if you actually believe that.

Originally posted by JohnnyDollar:

MC best leave Dillon out of the mix. No win situation for MC. If they win," they are suppose to" and if they lose, they will hear about it the whole season. McCall is the real deal at Dillon and has a darn good team around him. If they should play next year, I will be there.
Two years ago maybe. Now... Mallard Creek is long past the validation question or worrying about hearing anything. They are now back to back title winners in 8 years of existence and will be shooting for a 3 peat.

If they played Dillon and lost it would be because they lost to a better team and need to get better which is the reason you schedule the game to begin with. Anyone who knows anything about football in the Southeast understands that traveling to Dillon and winning especially in August is a huge task for any program.

MC program is in a place now where they need to prove nothing to nobody. They simply want to put together the best schedule they can to challenge themselves.

Just for fun I would think a Crest- Dillon matchup would be a great one.

There is not a Football Team in NC, who was not aware of MC having openings for Next Year. The new AD has also reached out to numerous out of State Teams through out the South East. The 1st Dillon game was probably 10k fans or more at the gate. It was a big pay day for the Creek. Last year MC was scheduled to play Southern Durham. There were guaranteed funds. Charlotte Christian steps in, and doubles the amount. I can also assure you MC knows how it works.

Leesvilee Rd reached out to MC. Not sure if that game is a lock. Get on the phone? That's exactly what they have been doing from the end of the season last year. The new AD at MC is aggressive as they come. The guy is like a call center. Making a phone call to programs, does not necessarily equate to a game. You can't make teams play you.

Private Dutch Fork traveling to Allen Texas is a big difference than Public MC, that opened in 2007 traveling anywhere. I was shocked we had enough money to gas up and travel to Dillon. The Old AD would have problems putting together a Lemonade stand at a Day care. Oh Boy! Phil Davanzo the new AD will find the best game for the program.

Originally posted by Chargers#1:

You're an idiot if you actually believe that.
Your schedule every year is right there in black and white for the entire world to see. If you are illiterate and can't read it, then that's your issue, not mine.

Personally, I think it would be great for the likes of Shelby and Crest to schedule a team like MC.... We would lose way more than win in that case, but I think personally it would help us in the long run.... I look at it from the perspective of seeing a team of that caliber and how you stack up to them, shows you where you want and or like for your program to be.. When Shelby played Crest this year, we led 13-0 until late in the third, they then went on a tear and beat us... It was a fierce battle , and as hard hitting a game as I saw all year long... I really believe that helped us.... The way we played in the playoffs showed that toughness , and I believe a game of that magnitude in that case only helped our cause

I don't get all crazy like our 98 Champ trio, but they are great Shelby fans... I think most folks know Shelby has a very good tradition, but I don't have to beat it down your throat every other post either to make you believe it...Or say we'd beat this team or that one to prove it...

I just like the fact that people are talking about some of these North Carolina teams and the thoughts of playing other states and such is exciting.... Makes me proud of all NC teams..

Just my thoughts

Originally posted by Shelby Lion:

Personally, I think it would be great for the likes of Shelby and Crest to schedule a team like MC.... We would lose way more than win in that case, but I think personally it would help us in the long run.... I look at it from the perspective of seeing a team of that caliber and how you stack up to them, shows you where you want and or like for your program to be.
You won't win all of them. Mallard Creek doesn't always beat Butler. Butler doesn't always beat Mallard Creek. Richmond doesn't always beat Butler. Butler doesn't always beat Richmond. When you play top notch competition like that, then you are going to lose your fair share of games, and that's just the way it works.

But what you'll also notice is that NONE of the fans from ANY of these schools are ever starting threads talking about how we could slaughter anyone else in the state if we could ever be bothered to actually sack up and play them. These teams don't have to do all that theoretical guess work because it's already been proven on the field. Each of them already knows that they do certain things very well, and other things not so well (even Mallard Creek has some issues...no team is perfect *cough* SPECIAL TEAMS *cough*).

But you earn respect just by having the balls to regularly play in these types of games. Garinger is the worst 4A team of any kind in the entire state, but did you see where they just inked Mallard Creek to an OOC game? This is AFTER playing Butler and Indy during their conference schedule? Those kids are 100% heart for all the crap they go through, and I can seriously respect that kind of courage. Anyone that wears a Garinger uniform is doing it for no other reason than total love of the game. They never forfeit (unlike one certain large high school in Raleigh), and they have very little chance of getting any recruiting recognition because of who they play for. And by dressing only about 30 players, they're practically guaranteed to get murdered every week. And yet whenever you look up, they are always there, ready to play.

Shelby and Crest...ehhh, not so much. You guys are located 30 minutes away from the epicenter of North Carolina high school football...but you schedule who every year? It sure isn't us. You'll never earn respect that way...you have to grow a pair and get in the game. One thing I can promise both programs...you'll never win by never showing up. What kind of heart and courage is it that you guys are showing the rest of the state with your schedules? The two teams are obviously very good and are dominant in their respective classifications...but when you avoid higher competition, then does it even matter? To us...no, it really doesn't. Until then, polluting this board with thread after thread trying to convince everyone how good you are is just wasting our time. Prove it on the field, and then you don't need to trash a perfectly good message board with theoretical fantasy garbage.

Well the fans do not make the schedule. To schedule these teams you need the same open dates when renewing contracts. We play South Point week 1 and Ashbrook week 2. I wish we would drop TC Roberson but that's not my decision. I would love to play Mallard Creek or a Butler. Most of the Charlotte schools have very little fan support and that's a big consideration when you play home and home series. As far as earning your respect we are State Champs and it really doesn't matter what you think. If you know any of the coaches in Charlotte that seen Crest play this year ask them what they thought.

nepsey Dutch Fork is a public school. It is not private. Byrnes is public.

Byrnes gave up a 10,000 plus home gate to get their first ever game on ESPN. (Gate went to ESPN to cover expense of the game.). Byrnes made money off other items and used that to build their name. Coach P told me before this past season they expect to make money off a big game. MC does not draw big crowds on their own and normally the travel games cost more than the money being paid out.

One moment the talk is a national game, now it is Leesville Road. Garinger is a non conference game? I would hope that can be changed if a prominent opponent can be found for that date.

I prefer to see non conference games against teams they will not play in the playoffs. Out of state schools, non 4AA teams.

Btango.

I did not know that. (Private). If MC plays Garinger or Leesville rd, it will be a sad day for the program. Home game fan base is sad unless we play Butler or Vance. I would rather travel down to Crest, but they are not interested.

Well the fans do not make the schedule.
I totally agree with and understand that, but the fans should then know better than than to brag about accomplishments they never achieve.

If anything, I can sympathize with both fan bases...but only up to a point. It's obvious the county has big time fan passion and support, and I think you guys probably deserve a better platform to root for than what your coaches and admins are giving you. That's up to you to put pressure on your coaches and admins to change that. We're all happy to have you join the party, but we're not going to celebrate your existence until you actually show up and make an appearance.

...and it really doesn't matter what you think.
If it doesn't matter what any of us think, then why are all of the dozens of you here to begin with? You have a perfectly good board of your own with plenty of fans who DO care about what goes on with Shelby and Crest, so what gives?

The Scotsman posted on 12/15/2014...
I know Scotland is trying to get Dillon to play,it might already be a done deal

Scotland/Richmond match-up with Dillon would be nice. We both know very well how good that Dillon program is. I think we are 2-2 vs. Dillon when we played in the mid 90's. I am not sure the record between Scotland/Dillon.

I know Richmond will need some "break" weeks though considering the Butler/Dudley games are on. Look like a tough schedule already.

This post was edited on 12/17 11:57 PM by Raider7967

I hope they choose to go down to South Carolina instead of playing a team of West Rowan's caliber. Maybe a few years ago West would have been a game, but no longer.

I would surely welcome a Scotland/Richmond County vs Dillon match-up....it would guarantee fireworks throughout the whole game. Dillon has steady tried to improve its Tradition by scheduling the best opponents it can find, but that does always pan out exactly how we would hope sometimes....like everyone else...our fans just want to see some really good football played, and get our monies worth....but that also includes that the other teams actually compete as well....Mallard Creek did that and then some....that's why we were hyped to hear at lease the smallest rumor of a rematch....we knew that we'd get just what we'd be looking for....and that my friends is worth any distance of travel!!!!! Dillon welcome's all competitors no matter who they are!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT