ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs Gaffney 9/8

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Another big matchup that will draw a lot of interest. Mallard Creek 1-1 vs 2-1 Gaffney. Like to hear thoughts with this game.

I am leaning MC by 7 due to the Creek’s defense. Gaffney’s has some long developing pass routes because they are looking for the home run which plays right into the MC’s defensive strengths. Pulling for The Creek to represent NC high school football well.

Gaffney is a different team when the weather cools off. It will be hot on Friday, so Mallard Creek is probably the favorite.

Defense is ummm Ok!
The question was about conditioning. Their defense looked fine against South Pointe.

I’m not trying to be all Tru Dynasty or anything but reading between the lines it appears your referring to the 44 Crest dropped on them.

Crest will drop 44 on a lot of teams. No I’m not saying Crest is the be all and end all. I’m saying that not many teams are running with the Crest offense. Gaffney should have pounded the Crest defense with that huge oline and those backs. They would have likely won.

But they chose to try and outrun Crest. Throw for throw. They regret that. Believe it. But they are conditioned and quite frankly the notion that they wouldn’t be is absurd. That’s Gaffney Nepsy they don’t fear no one up here win lose or draw.

Mallard Creeks defense is phenomenal. Their offense is ummmm ok. But good luck to MC. North Carolina first.

Last edited:
The question was about conditioning. Their defense looked fine against South Pointe.

I’m not trying to be all Tru Dynasty or anything but reading between the lines it appears your referring to the 44 Crest dropped on them.

Crest will drop 44 on a lot of teams. No I’m not saying Crest is the be all and end all. I’m saying that not many teams are running with the Crest offense. Gaffney should have pounded the Crest defense with that huge oline and those backs. They would have likely won.

But they chose to try and outrun Crest. Throw for throw. They regret that. Believe it. But they are conditioned and quite frankly the notion that they wouldn’t be is absurd. That’s Gaffney Nepsy they don’t fear no one up here win lose or draw.

Mallard Creeks defense is phenomenal. Their offense is ummmm ok. But good luck to MC. North Carolina first.
Speaking of Mr. True Dynasty......where he be??

I'll be interested to see how MC shows up here. Big win against Indy that looks slightly less impressive now and then the much hyped Buford close loss. Then a week off. HS ball is alot about mindset. Tons of press after that Buford game.

I'll be interested to see how MC shows up here. Big win against Indy that looks slightly less impressive now and then the much hyped Buford close loss. Then a week off. HS ball is alot about mindset. Tons of press after that Buford game.
With high school kids it’s almost all about mindset. Getting kids mentally prepared to compete week to week is definitely one of the biggest coaching challenges in high school sports.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86

Good Stuff! I'm going to stop listening to this bad intel I'm getting around here. My Luck their defense will play lights out tomorrow night. I'm going to set my ass down somewhere and just read until, I know. :) Once again, I appreciate the information.

Last edited:
Reactions: crestrulz
I think the Indy win holds up. Indy still is explosive on offense and MC shut them down. MC beat Indy when they were confident and maybe Indy is a bit broken. They have to get used to being the hunted which they didn’t adjust to.

I do agree with the mindset. I think there is a human nature element with Butler and Mallard Creek considering how well they played nationally ranked teams to take their foot off the gas against really good teams (Weddington and Gaffney) but they are not at the level of Langston and Buford. Mallard Creek is coming off a bye so hopefully that helps them.

Give me Mallard Creek in like a 24-10 win…I have a hard time seeing a high scoring game and it could be more like a 17-10 type of game but I’m still taking MC.

I think the Indy win holds up. Indy still is explosive on offense and MC shut them down. MC beat Indy when they were confident and maybe Indy is a bit broken. They have to get used to being the hunted which they didn’t adjust to.

I do agree with the mindset. I think there is a human nature element with Butler and Mallard Creek considering how well they played nationally ranked teams to take their foot off the gas against really good teams (Weddington and Gaffney) but they are not at the level of Langston and Buford. Mallard Creek is coming off a bye so hopefully that helps them.
I had very high expectations for Indy coming into the year after last year but man after watching the game against WC they really struggled to consistently throw the ball outside of a few throws. The QB is a good athlete but a lot of the throws were there and he would hesitate, tuck it and run or take a sack from holding it too long. 21 looked to be their offense and who they relied on when they needed a crucial down. I don’t know what happened but they looked better in the scrimmage against Gaffney early on and against MC in the first half.

I think the state of NC has did an excellent job of closing the gap on SC in high school football in the last 15yrs. A couple of milestones that stick out to me besides the Panthers coming to Charlotte are (1) NC changing up how it picked their Shrine Bowl teams. It’s political but nowhere near as bad as it use to be. (2) NC changing rules around Spring and summer high school workouts (3) Harding High School defeating Gaffney. That win by Harding reverberated throughout SC football. (4) Mallard Creek going to Byrnes and playing them in the downpour to a draw. All of these events set the stage and built confidence that NC teams can compete with the big boys of SC.

Hey Creek

Do North Carolina a favor and beat Gaffney .... Reason being, these Crest pig feet eaters (If yall lose) will roll into this thread like roaches with the light on reminding you that little 3a Crest beat them and you didnt..... Some of them already saying NO ONE in NC can beat Crest (Ok one of em said it, but its my story)

Yall think some of our fans are crazy, wait till these lard and butter sandwich eating rednecks get to talking smack . 4a boards will never be the same

As Rulz says WORD!!!!! ha ha...

All jokes aside good luck, beat those Indians

Last edited:
I think the state of NC has did an excellent job of closing the gap on SC in high school football in the last 15yrs. A couple of milestones that stick out to me besides the Panthers coming to Charlotte are (1) NC changing up how it picked their Shrine Bowl teams. It’s political but nowhere near as bad as it use to be. (2) NC changing rules around Spring and summer high school workouts (3) Harding High School defeating Gaffney. That win by Harding reverberated throughout SC football. (4) Mallard Creek going to Byrnes and playing them in the downpour to a draw. All of these events set the stage and built confidence that NC teams can compete with the big boys of SC.
The “Panthers coming to Charlotte” is always a throw away for me Jerry Richardson didn’t support HS sports at all and only a few of the players had sons who really played. This year was the first time a HS game has been played in BOA Stadium. The population has grown and the influx of people from all over the US to one of the most desirable places to work and live I think is more of a factor.

The “Panthers coming to Charlotte” is always a throw away for me Jerry Richardson didn’t support HS sports at all and only a few of the players had sons who really played. This year was the first time a HS game has been played in BOA Stadium. The population has grown and the influx of people from all over the US to one of the most desirable places to work and live I think is more of a factor.
The impact of the Panthers actually went well beyond just that. All of a sudden you had football skill training facilities and skill camps with some being ran by pro players popping up all over Charlotte metro. The Panthers definitely created more interest with kids participating in football. You have to remember that the state of NC was predominantly a basketball state at all levels prior to the Panthers.

Hey Creek

Do North Carolina a favor and beat Gaffney .... Reason being, these Crest pig feet eaters (If yall lose) will roll into this thread like roaches with the light on reminding you that little 3a Crest beat them and you didnt..... Some of them already saying NO ONE in NC can beat Crest (Ok one of em said it, but its my story)

Yall think some of our fans are crazy, wait till these lard and butter sandwich eating rednecks get to talking smack . 4a boards will never be the same

As Rulz says WORD!!!!! ha ha...

All jokes aside good luck, beat those Indians
You no us so well😂😂

I had very high expectations for Indy coming into the year after last year but man after watching the game against WC they really struggled to consistently throw the ball outside of a few throws. The QB is a good athlete but a lot of the throws were there and he would hesitate, tuck it and run or take a sack from holding it too long. 21 looked to be their offense and who they relied on when they needed a crucial down. I don’t know what happened but they looked better in the scrimmage against Gaffney early on and against MC in the first half.
I think the running game along with the threat of the QB running opens up the passing lanes. If you have a good defensive line that can get to the QB and stop the run a team can drop everyone else back which makes those throws tough.

The impact of the Panthers actually went well beyond just that. All of a sudden you had football skill training facilities and skill camps with some being ran by pro players popping up all over Charlotte metro. The Panthers definitely created more interest with kids participating in football. You have to remember that the state of NC was predominantly a basketball state at all levels prior to the Panthers.
Once again another “talking point” used to give the Panthers credit being repeated over and over. NC has always had talent it was being held back by the NCHSAA…No Spring ball, no seven on seven, can’t travel out of state to play teams based on static calendar, any sponsorship money had to go to CMS or District office, GPA rule which I like not enforced in SC I could go on. Panthers did nothing. I will say former players did engage kids but they didn’t have any facilities or development programs mostly they worked for entities like Rivals, 247 & Under Amour to find the Five Star Athletes it was not a true developmental program.

Once again another “talking point” used to give the Panthers credit being repeated over and over. NC has always had talent it was being held back by the NCHSAA…No Spring ball, no seven on seven, can’t travel out of state to play teams based on static calendar, any sponsorship money had to go to CMS or District office, GPA rule which I like not enforced in SC I could go on. Panthers did nothing. I will say former players did engage kids but they didn’t have any facilities or development programs mostly they worked for entities like Rivals, 247 & Under Amour to find the Five Star Athletes it was not a true developmental program.
I definitely agree that the Panthers could have did much more in the community in those early years of the organization and I agree that the NCHSAA held NC high school football back for years. The Panthers did create excitement in kids that wasn’t there before and I can remember guys like Ricky Proehl working with high school receivers on skill work. The interest created a market for coaches and trainers. But yeah MC by 7-13. Hopefully the Creek kids are ready to GATA.

CRESTRULZ and the other CREST cronies LOVE to TOOT their own HORN.

I literally did nothing of the sort. In fact I did quite the opposite in this very thread. We were all having an intelligent conversation. Then you showed up and injected your obtuse thoughts that had nothing to do with the subject

Sort of like Shelby Lion but he’s funny and we like him.

Sorry to the 4A posters for bringing another wetodded (<Krypkie BBT) imbecile from CC to one your threads. I figured since we had played Gaffney some insight would be ok. Kings Mountain has a massive Napoleon complex due to over 100 years of futility and having to constantly sniff the taint of Shelby and Crest. So, they lash out in this manner from time to time. They beg for relevancy, they have to do so. They’ve never ever earned it.

Good luck to the Creek.

Lol !!!!

See there ain’t a thread you mention Shelby or Crest that we all won’t show up in droves and take over !!!

Go get em creek I’m betting they hold Gaffney to less than 17 with that defense …

Last edited:
Proud Hunger GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT