ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs Gaffney 9/8

The Observer Prep show wasn’t kind to the Mallard Creek offense. Buford and Gaffney are two talented teams that are among the best of their respective states. I can understand why the offense might struggle. The game against West Charlotte will be interesting.
If the MC offense isn't that good, the game maybe won on a defensive or special teams td. I couldn't imagine the MC offense being worse than West Charlotte's offense. MC was my preseason choice to come out of the west. While sitting on the Gaffney side during the Crest game, they couldn't believe how fast the Crest O was. I told a couple Gaffney guys that MC would be huge and they have some of the fastest guys in the southeastern US. Is it the offense they running that nit using the speed? I get to see them in person this Thursday.

If the MC offense isn't that good, the game maybe won on a defensive or special teams td. I couldn't imagine the MC offense being worse than West Charlotte's offense. MC was my preseason choice to come out of the west. While sitting on the Gaffney side during the Crest game, they couldn't believe how fast the Crest O was. I told a couple Gaffney guys that MC would be huge and they have some of the fastest guys in the southeastern US. Is it the offense they running that nit using the speed? I get to see them in person this Thursday.
I was just about to say WC offense is not good either so that will just be a dog fight between the two.
It’s not just the scheme MC is running that isn’t good but they don’t have a quarterback or a kicking game.

I’ll give my 2 cents for what it’s worth. After Gaffney losing to Crest I would imagine they took that lost personal. It was still early in the season and teams are trying to get adjusted. After that game Gaffney started taking off. They beat a good South Pointe team. Have to wonder a rematch game with Crest how that game would turn out. Don’t get me wrong Crest is good, But have to wonder how good Gaffney really is. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Champ_24
The Observer Prep show wasn’t kind to the Mallard Creek offense. Buford and Gaffney are two talented teams that are among the best of their respective states. I can understand why the offense might struggle. The game against West Charlotte will be interesting.
The next game seems to always be interesting lol

Mallard Creek’s defense is really good but stayed on the field too long because of the offense and eventually started getting worked. Buford’s offense and play calling is subpar. They just over power most teams by running the ball with a huge line.

It's really a pretty simple equation. Buford has the #1 QB recruit in the country and Indy one of the best young QBs in the city. Guess what....they want to throw it around and make big plays. Huge mistake against a good and fast MC defense. INT, fumbles and sacks turn into short fields and points.

If I'm playing MC I have 3 priorities. 17-21 pts, no turnovers, no negative plays. I probably win. I wouldn't think of throwing the ball other than something real quick and safe until I crossed midfield because the MC offense can't go 50-60 yards with any consistency and they can't kick a FG.

If I'm MC I'm going up top a bunch more. They are explosive and even a PI is 10 yards which is a chunk play in this offense.

Reactions: btango
I’ll give my 2 cents for what it’s worth. After Gaffney losing to Crest I would imagine they took that lost personal. It was still early in the season and teams are trying to get adjusted. After that game Gaffney started taking off. They beat a good South Pointe team. Have to wonder a rematch game with Crest how that game would turn out. Don’t get me wrong Crest is good, But have to wonder how good Gaffney really is. Time will tell.
Yeah Crest just got fortunate timing with when the game was played and Gaffney wasn’t focused. Thank goodness they won’t play later.

Yeah Crest just got fortunate timing with when the game was played and Gaffney wasn’t focused. Thank goodness they won’t play later.
Gaffney tried to beat them at their own game when that’s not their strong suit. They should’ve just ran the ball more and kept their defense fresh.

If Gaffney came to Crest next week with the same game plan they’d get 40 plus dropped on them. Unless you see the speed on offense in person it’s hard to understand. Our QB is a dual threat monster with five wide receivers and two dang good running backs

If they changed it up they’d be heck on us for sure. As I said earlier in this thread Gaffney has a fantastic football team. That size is hard to deal with.

Gaffney tried to beat them at their own game when that’s not their strong suit. They should’ve just ran the ball more and kept their defense fresh.
Well yeah. On the staff not to realize that in game. But they’d be better and figure it out later in season.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Nothing is impressive with MC. Their offense is straight elementary school. The defense is above average.

Buford GA’s offense must be subpar. Gaffney worked them over. I’m confused
That #0 for Gaffney had a 80 yard pick six and I couldn’t believe no one from Mallard Creek could catch him😂 Mallard Creek Defense has all the athletes and should lend some to the Offensive Coordinator!!

That #0 for Gaffney had a 80 yard pick six and I couldn’t believe no one from Mallard Creek could catch him😂 Mallard Creek Defense has all the athletes and should lend some to the Offensive Coordinator!!
Yeah. That dude was running in tar.

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra
If they let that dude go 80....
Classic Tv Shaking Head GIF by Sony Pictures Television

With his pick-six, Ruppe produced the best play of the contest. Chains were kept moving thanks to McDowell, especially in the second half. He carried the ball 17 times for 124 total yards. The Indians restricted Mallard Creek to 190 total offensive yards. This was a bad game, especially given the collection of weapons MC has. This schedule seems overly demanding to me.

🙏

Game wasnt as close as the score even indicated. MC had some monsters on that team but overall were not big. Pre game, they had the team circled up and no coaches, just 3 coaches worried about the speaker for warmups. Idk anything about the HC but id say the rest of the staff is worried about the wrong things.
Gaffney had no locker room to change in or a bathroom to use. one coach directed them to the HC, the HC, directed them to the AD, the AD then said I thought the coaches had that handled. whats going on with the facilities there? hard place to play with gun shots before the game and nowhere to house the visitors.
Good luck the rest of the way MC, hope you guys can come back to to the Reservation in the future.

Game wasnt as close as the score even indicated. MC had some monsters on that team but overall were not big. Pre game, they had the team circled up and no coaches, just 3 coaches worried about the speaker for warmups. Idk anything about the HC but id say the rest of the staff is worried about the wrong things.
Gaffney had no locker room to change in or a bathroom to use. one coach directed them to the HC, the HC, directed them to the AD, the AD then said I thought the coaches had that handled. whats going on with the facilities there? hard place to play with gun shots before the game and nowhere to house the visitors.
Good luck the rest of the way MC, hope you guys can come back to to the Reservation in the future.
Is this accurate?

Thanks. Highly Horrendous!!!
definitely not stirring pots, Every school has their situations and try to make the best of them. Gaffney kids stood on the MC rock circle thing after the game and us fans, coaches, and admin were very upset with that display from our own.
Good luck to MC the rest of the way, hoping we can continue this NC/SC rivalry

Reactions: Mr. Rutledge
definitely not stirring pots, Every school has their situations and try to make the best of them. Gaffney kids stood on the MC rock circle thing after the game and us fans, coaches, and admin were very upset with that display from our own.
Good luck to MC the rest of the way, hoping we can continue this NC/SC rivalry
Would this be the same fan base , coaches , and AD that didn't punish a certain MLB for elbowing and stomping our player. The same group that has twice ( i know of ) been asked to leave a 7 on 7 at Crest for chippy play and fighting. Have a player throw a punch at the end of our jv game. The same group that for years have a reputation of throwing batteries at opposing players. Gaffney SUcks

Hibriten had same issue last year in playoffs against West Charlotte. Game was played at West Meck but we had no bathrooms or locker rooms. I think West Charlotte came dressed since it was a short ride for them.🙄

Would this be the same fan base , coaches , and AD that didn't punish a certain MLB for elbowing and stomping our player. The same group that has twice ( i know of ) been asked to leave a 7 on 7 at Crest for chippy play and fighting. Have a player throw a punch at the end of our jv game. The same group that for years have a reputation of throwing batteries at opposing players. Gaffney SUcks
They don’t want to talk about that crap. 0 for Gaffney is as dirty of a player as they come. They did nothing for his ignorance. Kept right on playing.

It starts at the top there. Festers all the way down.

From the sound of that post. Everyone should have felt comfortable with each other.

It sounds like Gaffney was playing Gaffney.

Even if you mean no offense, I find it amusing that not a single MC representative has commented on this matter. They have no need, reason nor space to retaliate or stir up anything related to football, which I also find humorous. Although I appreciate you bringing this up, expect complete silence.

He's a retarded burns fan. Fits right in with the inbreds at gaffney. I also was on the gaffney side. Only because i parked on the wrong side. It was pretty dead. 3 old ladies and a couple wahoos is all i heard.

Did we watch the same game? I thought the game was closer than the score indicated. Gaffney had 2 big plays the first half. A long duck pass for a td. And a long td run. Which MC blitzed the house. The rb bounced to the outside. The second half MC came out with short passes. And was eating turf. If they score on the int. Drive. It's 17-14. Gaffney has no talent. Their qb is average at best. Their big. That's all.

Actually you just showed your lack of real knowledge. #0 was dealt with...do you expect it to be broadcasted across all media outlets? how many teams, players and coaches deal with things "in house" you are an absolute moron as well as Rulz...yall are so proud of the fact that you stole one from Gaffney. you want to talk about dirty? what 0 did was inexcusable but that sort of garbage happens every game in piles..he just got caught. I know for a FACT Crest clowns threw punches in the varsity game as well. saw it with my own eyes... thats inexcusable as well but we didnt blast it all over social media like you idiots. Crest player threw a punch against Shelby too..was on the sideline and had a great view of it...its who gets caught...ours got caught and was dealt with. take your priveldged asses somewhere else and act high and mighty like your kids dont do stupid sh!t.
even your very "honerable" man of character HC talked to Gaffney and gave his 2 cents that it wasnt worth a suspension and whatever nonsense you wanna cry about.

see you at the reservation for your beating next year, cause thats what it will be.

Even if you mean no offense, I find it amusing that not a single MC representative has commented on this matter. They have no need, reason nor space to retaliate or stir up anything related to football, which I also find humorous. Although I appreciate you bringing this up, expect complete silence.
.....im losing sleep over the silence. clown.

Did we watch the same game? I thought the game was closer than the score indicated. Gaffney had 2 big plays the first half. A long duck pass for a td. And a long td run. Which MC blitzed the house. The rb bounced to the outside. The second half MC came out with short passes. And was eating turf. If they score on the int. Drive. It's 17-14. Gaffney has no talent. Their qb is average at best. Their big. That's all.

I really just need to stop responding to you. This is about the dumbest post of the year. Gave credit to Crest for the biggest upset in program history. But to say Gaffney has no talent and to lose to crest in such a barn burner slights your team as well. such a dumb a$$

Hibriten had same issue last year in playoffs against West Charlotte. Game was played at West Meck but we had no bathrooms or locker rooms. I think West Charlotte came dressed since it was a short ride for them.🙄
I hope this was reported to the NCHSAA by the Hibriten AD. If I were the HC I would report it to the football coaches association. This is the type of things that if not reported and complained about will not be addressed.

WC was without a homefield for a few years due to new construction. Correct me on that if I am wrong.

I hope this was reported to the NCHSAA by the Hibriten AD. If I were the HC I would report it to the football coaches association. This is the type of things that if not reported and complained about will not be addressed.

WC was without a homefield for a few years due to new construction. Correct me on that if I am wrong.
Yeah I think that was the issue. West Charlotte got ready at there place and drove over. We drove an hour and a half to get there and it was pouring the rain with nowhere to go. I'm not positive that it was reported but we have a good AD so I would say it was.

I've known Nepsy since we were in the second grade. He is a longtime friend of mine and a good person but he is being awfully quiet. Just giving you a hard time Nepsy, forgive me.

I be curious to see how many top 4A teams Crest could beat. When playoff time comes I wouldn’t seeing them play a top good 3A team.

I'm four feet tall. I'm going to bring my bucket and stand on it and say all this crap to your faces. I'm not a Burns fan ANYMORE!!!!! I burned all my shirts

You clown!!!! You're not going to see any of us. You're going to stay right over on the home-side and you'll leave that bucket in your car.

That defense was weak as well water. Crest made them look slow. The TV announcers even said it.

And Gaffney would trade for our coach all day long and twice on Sunday if they could. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Made Dan look DUMB! Dropped 44 on his D.......... LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT